So, I've been wanting to do a cover of this for...Ever? Yeah, that's about right.

I reworked a few things here and there, and tried my damnedest to make it heavier, and I think I succeeded. Opinions?

The Four Horsemen
My guitars:
Centaura CT21
2 Dean Baby Zs
Cort X1
Washburn WG587 7-String
Two Fender knockoffs
3 acoustic no-names

My basses:
Yamaha RBX170
Rogue LX205B Series II 5-String
No-name 4 string
Last edited by Miseryfields at Jan 10, 2014,
Quote by Miseryfields
So, I've been wanting to do a cover of this for...Ever? Yeah, that's about right.

I reworked a few things here and there, and tried my damnedest to make it heavier, and I think I succeeded. Opinions?

The Four
Horsemen

Dude before i begin i must say that fade to black was the reason i started playing the guitar so this is coming from a huge metallica fan. This cover was pretty amazing. To be honest it is actually what metallica would sound like if mustaine was a lead guitarist (trust me thats a compliment) :P i love the extra heavy and thrashy feel to the song. great work.

Btw did u do this in one take?
Quote by danyal92
Dude before i begin i must say that fade to black was the reason i started playing the guitar so this is coming from a huge metallica fan. This cover was pretty amazing. To be honest it is actually what metallica would sound like if mustaine was a lead guitarist (trust me thats a compliment) :P i love the extra heavy and thrashy feel to the song. great work.

Btw did u do this in one take?

Thanks, man! Fade to Black was actually the first song I learned how to play! lol

Unfortunately, no, I didn't do it in one take. I split the song into each of the verses and choruses and whatnot and did it in sections. I quad track my guitars, so I need to make sure everything is super precise. I did do the solos in one take, though! :P
My guitars:
Centaura CT21
2 Dean Baby Zs
Cort X1
Washburn WG587 7-String
Two Fender knockoffs
3 acoustic no-names

My basses:
Yamaha RBX170
Rogue LX205B Series II 5-String
No-name 4 string
So

I've always enjoyed panning effects, so good job on the panning in the very last part of the acoustic intro, and also on the overall mix in general

wellthe fact you tracked each guitar four times makes this even more respectable, God knows how I've struggled with tracking just one some times lol

also i love that the bass is audible

the only thing you could add would be james's downtuned vocal track, or I guess i could that myself lol

c4c:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1629489