found a few for sale locally...both the 2 and 3 models and wanted feedback from those who have played them

I'm only playing in my apartment..and play mostly on the dirty channel... how is the distortion?

stuff I'm into: Alice in chains...tool....avenged sevenfold

another good thing is that it had the effects loop for my pedals

did a search on the web but didn't come up with much

any feedback appreciated

thanks
Reasonably decent, pretty well built and not horrible sounding.

Better than most practice amps, and good 'enough' to gig with, at least to start.

Best thing about them is they are CHEAP. I suspect that's because of the 'Spider' tarnish that L6 gear has.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I never played on one because the gc by me had one and it was already dead. They sound pretty good in the videos though.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
For your situation, the Flextone would be decent for sure. I had an AX212 for 5 years (& have played a couple Flextones), & it sounded great at low volumes, but once you turn it up to some real volume, it gets pretty thin--sort of 2-dimensional & ice-picky, which is why I got rid of mine. If you're thinking of doing anything bigger than a coffee shop gig or something, I'd stay clear, but for bedroom playing, they're hard to beat for versatility.

Edit: BTW, the distortion available on some of the channels is crazy. Again, it sounds pretty good at bedroom volumes.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Jan 9, 2014,
I love my flextone 3 xl the brit800 channel is worth the price of admission
Have used and continue to use my old Flextone 2 head for a while now. It's been a great amp, reliable and good consistent tone and the floorboard makes it great for gigs. Bought the head and board both from GC for $200.00. It's old technology compared to what line 6 offers now but still holds up on he road. I think though I'm going to be moving to the direct route of a Pod HD500 for gigs but for bedroom practice you will so fine.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver anniversary edi.
Marshall JCM900 4100
Line 6 flextone 2 head
Marshall 1960b Cabinet
Carvin G412 Cabinet

1976 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Deluxe
1989 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIJ Strat
Fender MIM Strat