Page 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LhOYflyfOPM

Oops! Missed the description the first time! Here:

A big criticism of "djent" is that it's all just one open chord (am I saying that right?!) Miguel Yépez doesn't see this as a problem, and rather embraces it with his new creation, the Djentstick! Miguel comments:

This is the Djentstick, one stringed fretless low tune instrument i've made myself featuring an active EMG81 pickup thru a Line 6 Pod XT. All the audio was recorded only using the Djentstick! Believe it or not!

Edit: I don't like Djent. I've never heard a Djent song, barring the one in this video.
Also, I'm not the guy in the video, to clear up any confusion.
Last edited by shawnkenneth at Jan 9, 2014,
doesn't seem very practical.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Only if all your riffs are repetitive, sound the same and only played on one string.

Also it's a called a diddley bow.
Last edited by Malchius at Jan 9, 2014,
Quote by shawnkenneth
Guys who didn't get the humour, look at the updated description.

That doesn't make it any more practical.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
That doesn't make it any more practical.

Oh really? Please explain why. (Keep in mind it's aimed at Djent)

Also, it's satire, incase the description wasn't convincing enough. The irony of the situation is that it is actually quite practical.
Quote by shawnkenneth

Also, it's satire, incase the description wasn't convincing enough. The irony of the situation is that it is actually quite practical.

> UG
> satire

gtfo

Quote by willT08
Pretty cool as far as real instruments go. No frills, purpose built...very nice

i don't know about you sometimes
Last edited by Dregen at Jan 9, 2014,
Quote by shawnkenneth
Guys who didn't get the humour, look at the updated description.

They got the "humor", they just hate you after the 'Odd Time Signatures' thread.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by shawnkenneth

It only does one thing and doesn't even do that one thing well. Not to mention that djent bands almost always use the higher strings (can you imagine Misha playing a song without noodling away up top?) and so it can't even do djent right.

I'm also not sure that you know what "satire" means either. Or "irony" for that matter.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
It only does one thing and doesn't even do that one thing well. Not to mention that djent bands almost always use the higher strings (can you imagine Misha playing a song without noodling away up top?) and so it can't even do djent right.

I'm also not sure that you know what "satire" means either. Or "irony" for that matter.

Satire: He used humour and exaggeration to crticize and expose the simplicity of Djent music.

Irony: His invention is actually a useful and practical device to use in Djent.

Getting real tired of your hate towards me. You keep grudges with everyone like that? It's not healthy..
Quote by shawnkenneth
Satire: He used humour and exaggeration to crticize and expose the simplicity of Djent music.

Irony: His invention is actually a useful and practical device to use in Djent.

Getting real tired of your hate towards me. You keep grudges with everyone like that? It's not healthy..

feed him feed him feed him feed him feed him

edit: so i actually watched the video and lol'd. that's pretty clever actually, i feel bad that you handmade that and wired it and all just to get backlash on here
Quote by JamSessionFreak
They got the "humor", they just hate you after the 'Odd Time Signatures' thread.

I get that. It only makes me happier..
Oh I guess I shouldve watched more of the video. I thought he was just pretend playing with a broomstick
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by shawnkenneth

and thats why it sucks
banned
Djent is a terrible genre of music and anyone who likes it cannot be a musician worth respecting.
Quote by deadsmileyface
and thats why it sucks

Couldn't agree any more!

Am I allowed to say that without getting any backlash? Sigh.. One stupid question and the whole forum experience is ruined.
Quote by Malchius
Only if all your riffs are repetitive, sound the same and only played on one string..

Dude, you (almost) literally described Djent..

-I added "almost" with fear of backlash.
Quote by willT08
Pretty cool as far as real instruments go. No frills, purpose built...very nice

i was thinking the same thing and it scared me.

i don't wanna turn into you.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by macashmack
Undeveloped and uninteresting. Type of music a child might find pleasing, until they mature.

lol you're so dumb but it's okay because it's UK vibes so I wouldn't expect you to feel it anyway
Quote by Malchius
Only if all your riffs are repetitive, sound the same and only played on one string.

Also it's a called a diddley bow.

^^^
Quote by willT08
question

does this appeal to you?
*vid*

if it does you might be in trouble

...shit

that was pretty dope though.

Quote by macashmack
Undeveloped and uninteresting. Type of music a child might find pleasing, until they mature.

why do i even go here anymore
Quote by willT08
lol you're so dumb but it's okay because it's UK vibes so I wouldn't expect you to feel it anyway

lol u kno I kid bby
Instruments are now being adapted through natural selection. God help us all
Israel is a terrorist state.
Neat little experiment, but the issue is that these bands don't only use one string throughout their songs. Don't get me wrong, they're all awful bands, but it's flawed satire.

That Wen & Riko song seemed too jarring, mostly due to the vocals. I see what they're trying to do, the execution is just really poor and reminds me of BTBAM.
Quote by Morphogenesis26

That Wen & Riko song seemed too jarring, mostly due to the vocals. I see what they're trying to do, the execution is just really poor and reminds me of BTBAM.

What am I reading?
There are only 2 styles of music. Classical is one, and Contemporary is the other. Just because a song or piece or whatever is made with a computer doesn't mean it's any different than if it were to be made with a live instrument or anything. You guys can argue about live instruments or computers or anything, but it's pointless, as the music is the same. It's just the execution.
Page 1 of 3