So I was looking at buying a Mesa Boogie Mark V soon, and I was also thinking that because its $2000+ amp, that I should get a case for it. However, after searching for an hour, the only place I could find one was in the UK. I couldnt find anything by Gator or SKB. Anyone have any other ideas?

edit: damn smart-phone typos...
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at Jan 9, 2014,
I had the same issue. Look for local case shops. It might not be easy to find one. Also, Gator cases has Canadian retailers such as Long and Mcquade. It's special order and not so cheap.

You might want to check Salvage Costums. Very nice cases. Pricy as well. On the other hand, it'll be the most perfect case you'll ever own.

You could build one yourself. Not too complicated if you got all the tools.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Flightcase-pedalboard-for-a-multifx-guitar-process/

If you order one from UK --> Carefull with import duties!
Last edited by Taz9 at Jan 9, 2014,
Classic Cases in Deland Florida gives a life time warranty on the case and the amp, but they are not cheap.
Anvil cases makes nice ones
Road Cases USA has some decent ones
Mesa amps come with padded slip covers and unless you are moving it all over that should be just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've got an X-Case that I had for the Splawn, built incredibly well. I still have it, but don't have an amp that'll fit in it
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Robbgnarly
Classic Cases in Deland Florida gives a life time warranty on the case and the amp, but they are not cheap.
Anvil cases makes nice ones
Road Cases USA has some decent ones

Mesa amps come with padded slip covers and unless you are moving it all over that should be just fine

How padded is padded? If I'm spending $2k on an amp, I want to do everything possible to ensure it has the least amount of dings and scratches in it. Kind of like really over-reactive parents sending their kids of to kindergarten for the first time

Thanks for the suggestions thus far, guys.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Fyi, you could get a used Mark V and use some of the cash you saved for a roadcase?
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but all the Mark V's go for at least $2200 on eBay, and no Mark V's on Kijiji anywhere in a 1000km radius of Winnipeg, Toronto, or Calgary.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
You can definitely get them cheaper than $2200USD, I've seen them go as low as $1450 but the average used price is around $1750-1850. I have no idea about shipping to Canada though, I've never dealt with shipping there.

Here's one for $1699 http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1351917&highlight=Mesa+Mark+V
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

I see a bunch of Mark Vs on here under $2,000.

http://www.adhuntr.com/2012/05/all.html?cof=FORID%3A11&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=mesa+mark+V&cx=partner-pub-9413604915893153%3Ao8xsd8d7h7s&x=-1073&y=-215&btnI=soldano+slo&siteurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adhuntr.com%2F&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_qdr=a&as_epq=&as_eq=

I bet half of them are working to go back to a Mark IV

Quote by AWACS
dings and scratches

But that is what gives an amp its mojo
There are two issues with amp heads. If you're just needing to protect it from dings around town, a soft case with some good padding might do. If you need to protect it from other pieces of gear, there are hard cases that really don't have much padding. And then there are the serious road cases that have an inner and an outer case with the inner case separated from the outer with a couple of inches of vibration and impact-absorbing foam. The case below shows both options.The top part of the case is set with an inner box for rack gear,while the bottom offers minimal protection for an amp head.

Last edited by dspellman at Jan 10, 2014,
Anvil is definitely the way to go for these kinds of cases, though there are any number of copycat case builders out there. Since I live in Anvil's back yard, I have about fifty Anvil cases for various and sundry.
Quote by dspellman
Anvil is definitely the way to go for these kinds of cases, though there are any number of copycat case builders out there. Since I live in Anvil's back yard, I have about fifty Anvil cases for various and sundry.

Classic Cases are better simply because of the lifetime warranty coverage of your amp. They also don't have the aluminum trim, they are all fiberglass reinforced and they are cheaper than Anvil also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I see you're in Winnipeg.

Check out Road Case Guys They're located in Alberta. I picked one up last year for my Jet City. It was on sale for $200 then, but It's on for $138 right now.

They were super busy when I order mine, so it took 3 weeks for me to get. They did give me free shipping though!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H