Lol Cavalcade, he's one of my main 3 inspirations along with Dime and Schuldiner, but he isn't the best in my eyes. This is about LaBrie though.
actually james labrie is downright awful especially live, severely drags the band down imo
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Six Degrees is my favorite JLB singing by far. He had to weather a lot of recovery before he could sing for that album. He's not the greatest vocalist, but I like him because his voice goes well with DT.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
1989-1994 JLB was the best, bar none live except for Dio and Dickinson, this video clearly proves it. Too bad he had the accident, for ****s sake, just listen to the live at Marquee Metropolis Pt.1, godly
Quote by Klajdi Abbott
1989-1994 JLB was the best, bar none live except for Dio and Dickinson.....

I would like to know how you rate Rob Halford? or Hansi Kürsch? or a hundred others who can blow LaBrie away?
Halford is my absolute fav, Painkiller was a product of 1990, but all the shows I have seen he has BLOWN live, I'm talking about live performances. Blown away is too much of a term, again, I'm simply trying to say how godly he was circa 1993 and that he is overlooked for the bad performances after his vocal chord accident. The breath control he has is amazing, just look at all their 92-93 shows, he sings in high notes for 2 hours, it's not easy to say the least.
To correct myself, shows where he has attempted to sing Painkiller songs live, especially Painkiller itself. The only one he can "nail" was Night Crawler, except the high part near the end.
Terrific technique, terrible everything else.

Just like Severed's mom's fellatio skills.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
yeah his technique is pretty good. his voice though is just awful.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by elatihc

I would like to know how you rate Rob Halford? or Hansi Kürsch? or a hundred others who can blow LaBrie away?

I've seen Priest, Blind Guardian and DT live, and let me say, Hansi live in 2010 > LaBrie on record in 1994. He is a ****ing god.

Halford in 2005 did a damn good job on *most* songs, barring Painkiller. LaBrie sounded...squawky. This was the year they opened for Iron Maiden, whatever year that was.
Honestly, i always kinda hoped DT would end up parting ways with LaBrie just to see how it would be with someone who brought a different 'spectrum' to the sound.
Quote by beadhangingOne
I've seen Priest, Blind Guardian and DT live, and let me say, Hansi live in 2010 > LaBrie on record in 1994. He is a ****ing god.

Halford in 2005 did a damn good job on *most* songs, barring Painkiller. LaBrie sounded...squawky. This was the year they opened for Iron Maiden, whatever year that was.

Having seen Hansi, Halford, Dickinson, and Dio live, no one else even comes close (seen JLB live as well). Dio the old man outsang everyone.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Jan 14, 2014,
The tonal 'color' of Dio's voice never faded. Yeah maybe he took the songs lower, but his voice still sounded the same. That was the one thing that stood out when I saw Dio-Sabbath. I think Hansi still was the most legit.
I'd probably still listen to Dream Theater frequently if he was never their vocalist.

Actually, scratch that, I get tired of the fairly soulless songwriting.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Jan 15, 2014,