Hi, I'm new to the forums and I have a question. I currently own a Boss GT-8 and a Sterling by music man jp70. I run this through a Marshall Dsl 100 and a 1960b cab. I'm looking to upgrade and I can't deicide to either upgrade the Gt-8 to an Axe Fx (ultra or standard most likely) or the jp70 to a ebmm jp7. My budget is around 1500$. I play progressive metal, hard rock, classic rock and I play in my churches worship band. I will probably end up getting them both at one point so I'm asking what should I upgrade first? Thanks in advance!
What do you feel is lacking the most?
Sound or feel?

Amp being sound and feel being guitar.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The guitar feels pretty good for the price. But it definitely doesn't feel as good as an Ernie ball. And the gt-8 sounds good and I'm still discovering things to do with it but I know an axe fx is miles ahead of any other effects processor. So they sound and feel good but could be better.
What a coincidence. I've used my jp6 with my gt8 and axe fx. I enjoy both of them! Conventional advice says get the amp (in this case Fractal) first and then the guitar, but EBMM's are seriously good.

Since you already have the sterling, grab the axe. At $1500 you can score a foot controller, the axe fx standard (maybe ultra), and have some money left over for midi cables/rack case/bag.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Id personally go for the guitar first if you still finding new things out on your GT8. And it gives you different tunings to play with easier having two guitars instead of one.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Thanks a lot for the replies! I think I'll go with the Axe first because I already have a EBMM Jp6 and the axe would be a better upgrade.