Page 1 of 2
Just got a call from a house mate who moved back in today to tell me that our house had been broken in to. Went through my room, rifled through my boxes, though the only thing they took was a shitty old barely working laptop belonging to my housemate, didn't even take my guitar...

But it's a shitty as fuq feeling, that's my private place and some dicksplash has screwed with it! Dunno how safe I'm gonna feel when I move back there tomorrow.

Anyone got any stories or advice about being burgled?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
dicksplash

My house was broken into when I was 9 years old. 2 days before christmas. Fuccker stole my sega genesis, my mothers jewelry, and our christmas presents.

Good thing I lived in the ghetto. People who lived in my neighborhood ended up killing the guy for what he did because they spotted him enter my house. He was beaten to death a block away from my home.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle

My house was broken into when I was 9 years old. 2 days before christmas. Fuccker stole my sega genesis, my mothers jewelry, and our christmas presents.

Good thing I lived in the ghetto. People who lived in my neighborhood ended up killing the guy for what he did because they spotted him enter my house. He was beaten to death a block away from my home.

That escalated quickly.

Um.. I don't have anything interesting to share.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Nelshizzle

I love happy endings

My co-worker's house got broken into recently. Only thing the guy stole was a really old xbox and some loose change.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Nelshizzle

That's pretty metal.
That shit happens all the time, man....students go away for break and the local douches know that nobody is home, so they break in to see what they can find.

I'm really glad our place isn't obviously student housing. We're in a sub-neighborhood near the University, and our street is mostly older folks who work in the area.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by TheChaz
Set up booby traps.

I don't see why this should be done regardless of if you have had your house burgled or not.

Hell, it worked in both Home Alone movies.

(there were only 2 home alone movies, the internet lies about the other 3)
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by dudetheman
That shit happens all the time, man....students go away for break and the local douches know that nobody is home, so they break in to see what they can find.

I'm really glad our place isn't obviously student housing. We're in a sub-neighborhood near the University, and our street is mostly older folks who work in the area.

Our street isn't obviously student houses either. Bunch of terraces houses, some council offices and a care home.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Well this certainly makes me feel better. I'm moving to the other side of the planet into an apartment in downtown Melbourne. I was thinking of leaving my stuff there while I go on a trip at the end of the semester.
I lived on the edge of a high crime area last year, nothing. Honestly there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to this kinda thing.

If it's gonna happen it will.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Our street isn't obviously student houses either. Bunch of terraces houses, some council offices and a care home.

Damn, that sucks even worse. It could have been someone you know, or someone who knew you would be gone.

Usually the places further from campus don't get hit here, but they send out emails to everyone who lives in the apartment complexes and student-housing cul-de-sacs about taking all valuables home and getting light timers to imitate someone being there.

You'd think burglars would know by now that students don't own valuable things. If someone broke in here, they'd leave with less money.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
You ever seem home alone?
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
Quote by BigHeadClan
You ever seem home alone?

I often seem home alone, especially when I'm at home by myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
I often seem home alone, especially when I'm at home by myself

well now you'll never seem home alone because there are probably booglars afoot
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm not normally a violent person.

But I'll fuqing extract their kneecaps through their ass hole.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Nelshizzle

hahahahahaha

a couple years ago they broke into my garage and cleaned it out over a week when i wasnt there

i lost SO many tools...so many tools
they also stole my ac30 clone a couple of guitar and a fretless i was working on
had to start borrowing tools at work shitty feeling

still havent recovered economically from it
Quote by Nelshizzle

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
That's pretty metal.

in the ghetto? nah man thats some gangsta shizz right there.
My house was robbed when I was ten. The asshat took our video camera and the case with all of the tapes from all the childhood family movies. If I ever found out who it was I would kill them, no questions asked.

I asked the cops who came if we would find them and he said, "this isn't like the movies, we rarely recover stolen property"
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by dudetheman
Usually the places further from campus don't get hit here

That's the opposite with me. My University is in the middle of the ghetto so the closer you are to campus the safer you are. It's like an urban oasis
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by Telecaster7
Someone once broke into my car, smoked a cigarette then left without stealing anything.

I kind of felt good, like I had provided a service.

i lold

My moms car got broken into 3 times I believe. One time was just outside of my elementary school like 5 minutes after my mom parked the car to pick me up from school. Some crackhead punched out the glass and ripped out our radio. The cops found the guy like 5 minutes later because he was covered in glass and he was walking around with a bunch of wires with a broken radio.

Now for my own theft. Some guy left his car in my block for like 2 weeks in the same spot. It gathered a shit ton of parking tickets because he never moved the car for the street cleaners. We decided to break into the car. I ironically found a book on how to become a millionaire and some cool neon green nike air max sneakers my size.

My friend found a golf bag with a bunch of clubs, and the bag had at least $5,000. He kept the money the bastard, and my other friend found a Brittany Spears CD.

A week later someone doused the car in gasoline and blew it up. The shit was awesome.

came home one evening to find a hobo just sitting on the couch talking on the phone like he owned the place
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Nelshizzle
i lold

My moms car got broken into 3 times I believe. One time was just outside of my elementary school like 5 minutes after my mom parked the car to pick me up from school. Some crackhead punched out the glass and ripped out our radio. The cops found the guy like 5 minutes later because he was covered in glass and he was walking around with a bunch of wires with a broken radio.

Now for my own theft. Some guy left his car in my block for like 2 weeks in the same spot. It gathered a shit ton of parking tickets because he never moved the car for the street cleaners. We decided to break into the car. I ironically found a book on how to become a millionaire and some cool neon green nike air max sneakers my size.

My friend found a golf bag with a bunch of clubs, and the bag had at least $5,000. He kept the money the bastard, and my other friend found a Brittany Spears CD.

A week later someone doused the car in gasoline and blew it up. The shit was awesome.

Do you live in Mega-City One?
I lived in Brooklyn. It has a reputation ya know...

Quote by Nelshizzle
I lived in Brooklyn. It has a reputation ya know...

Meh, same thing.
I have nothing to add to this except for the fact that "dicksplash" is my new favorite word.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by dudetheman
You'd think burglars would know by now that students don't own valuable things.
wat

i guess the uni i go to is a huge exception

so many students here have macbooks and smartphones at least, and not to mention those dr dre headphones
ggg1 ggg3

Someone "broke" into my car once when I was in uni. My iPod, stereo unit, and a few bucks in change were all left in the car unscathed.

The perp only took two empty Taco Bell straw wrappers.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by behind_you
wat

so many students here have macbooks and smartphones at least, and not to mention those dr dre headphones

My uni has this too.

And then those same kids are complaining about not being able to afford anything to eat other than ramen.

A lot of people don't actually buy books though, and when they do they don't get them new. I know plenty of people who blow their refund checks on stuff completely unrelated to school.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Some idiots tried to break into my garage the other year.
My dad has it set up so you can't get the door open properly if it is locked or some shit.

So they bent the door, tried to roll a motorbike under it and made so much noise that everyone in the street woke up and they got nothing but disposable gloves and kitchen roll.

Still, if I ever knew who did it I'd beat them up for being amateurs.
I have nothing important to say
My brother's student house got broken into a few years ago. They took all their laptops and electronics and shit. It's pretty shitty.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by behind_you
wat

I find no one has money but everyone has nice things. Like no one can buy food but if you go into a house there will be a few laptops, smartphones, Xbox/PS3, TV, maybe a guitar

Definitely lot lacking on valuables.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 10, 2014,
Most students are just cash poor, parents still buy them everything they need that costs more than a tenner
Quote by willT08
Most students are just cash poor, parents still buy them everything they need that costs more than a tenner

Truth.
Page 1 of 2