I was listening to this song, I didnt understand the lyrics... this sounds kinda silly, but can someone tell me what its about? thanks
She...
She screams in silence
A sullen riot penetrating through her mind
Waiting for a sign
To smash the silence with the brick of self-control

[Chorus:]
Are you locked up in a world
That's been planned out for you?
Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?
Scream at me until my ears bleed
I'm taking heed just for you

She...
She's figured out
All her doubts were someone else's point of view
Waking up this time
isn't this about that same girl who isn't his wife that he's written like 700 songs about? lol get over her you stalker

Billy Joe talking about his shenanigans with Ian Watkins.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by MakinLattes
It's about a girl.

I disagree, I think that the meaning of the song transcends the girl mentioned, it is more about bricks than anything.
She is about a book isn't it?
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Quote by Lastsongonearth

She...
She screams in silence
A sullen riot penetrating through her mind
Waiting for a sign

Whoever she is, she hates where she is in her life and is just "waiting for a sign" or the perfect moment to get out or something.
Quote by Lastsongonearth

[Chorus:]
Are you locked up in a world
That's been planned out for you?
Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?
Scream at me until my ears bleed
I'm taking heed just for you

He asks her these questions cause he cares. He says "tell me everything, and i'll listen to you."
Quote by Lastsongonearth

She...
She's figured out
All her doubts were someone else's point of view
Waking up this time

Finally, she realizes "oh dang i got tha power--no more doubts about my own inhibition" and finally does something about whats wrong in her life.

simple really.
The meaning of the song is this thread should be a Spiderman thread.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I disagree, I think that the meaning of the song transcends the girl mentioned, it is more about bricks than anything.

If you look even deeper you will find that the brick symbolizes the Goddess, the female psyche. The titular "she" refers to the egress of girls from childhood to womanhood.
Quote by MakinLattes
If you look even deeper you will find that the brick symbolizes the Goddess, the female psyche. The titular "she" refers to the egress of girls from childhood to womanhood.

heh, tit
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by MakinLattes

I'm pretty sure the brick symbolizes a brick. You're projecting your own psyche into the story to feel important.
I'm pretty sure the brick symbolizes a brick. You're projecting your own psyche into the story to feel important.

You thinking that a brick symbolizes itself is a manifestation of your misogyny.
Quote by MakinLattes
You thinking that a brick symbolizes itself is a manifestation of your misogyny.

Your inability to analyze something as elementary as Green Day lyrics is the source of my misogyny, you made me this way.
since we're letting all our deepest feelings out now apparently, this is my favorite song on dookie, and i think it's a pretty solid album.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Your inability to analyze something as elementary as Green Day lyrics is the source of my misogyny, you made me this way.

But I'm taking heed just for you.
Pretty sure all Green Day songs are about being an absolute doughnut in social situations
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Quote by Eastwinn
since we're letting all our deepest feelings out now apparently, this is my favorite song on dookie, and i think it's a pretty solid album.

in the end and having a blast though

She doesn't feel in control. Society is making her decisions for her and when she tries to find happiness for herself, she feels sad because the world around her is telling her to do something different than that; so he's telling her he'll listen to her and support her in her dreams.
Quote by MinterMan22
in the end and having a blast though

i knew you'd respond to that. i'm gonna listen to the album now. the opening bassline+drums in She is a perfect example of effective simplicity (simple but satisfying things get me off x10). for that reason i name it my favorite. having a blast is a close second.
i don't know why i feel so dry
wow those look like lyrics I wrote when I was 15 or so.

and that's just awful.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 10, 2014,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
wow those look like lyrics I wrote when I was 15 or so.

and that's just awful.

I bet the ones you write now are epic hits aren't they?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
I bet the ones you write now are epic hits aren't they?

are you saying the lyrics in the OP are good?

and to answer you question. Yes, ofc.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 10, 2014,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
are you saying the lyrics in the OP are good?

and to answer you question. Yes, ofc.

They aren't bad actually. Compared to nigga nigga nigga, money money money, hoes hoes hoes.
Quote by metaldud536
They aren't bad actually. Compared to nigga nigga nigga, money money money, hoes hoes hoes.

axel pls