Page 1 of 2
Do you feel like you've ever hit hard times? Not just a bad hair day, but an extensive period of time in which you felt hopeless? I was thinking about my life the other day and how cushy it has always been. I don't think I've ever legitimately gone through hard times. Sure puberty was rough and my family has had its fair share of misfortunes, but I've never felt hopeless - at the bottom of the barrel.

Pit, thoughts? Share your hard times.
Quote by Baby Joel
I've had serious depression, despite my life being cushy. Does that count?

I know dat feel
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
18-23.

5 years I felt hopeless.

Now I just don't give a shit at the age of 26.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The first two years of college were really tough on me. I had shitty grades, was struggling with the course load, was on academic probation, then got caught cheating, then got screwed over by my "friends" which led into this whole debacle with my social life. It forced me to reevaluate whether or not I was the one to blame for where I was (yes, a lot of it was my fault). That led to some major changes, so I think I'm so much better off having gone through that extreme low point in my life even if it I was miserable those few years.

Looking back, I'm glad the bottom I hit was as tame as it was, but enough to wake me up and set me in the right direction.
Quote by Nelshizzle
18-23.

5 years I felt hopeless.

Now I just don't give a shit at the age of 26.

What happened to 24 and 25?
I had a lot of sex.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
10-15 after my dad abandoned me and my schizophrenic mum had 2 breakdowns where she was hospitalized. Thinking back I don't know how me and my brother were kept out of care
I lived a very cushy life but I was so down on myself for not being awesome socially and I was having an existential crisis of sorts.

I calmed down after a while but as soon as that happened, my dad lost his job and had to go work in another state and I started getting ill...like progressively worsening health over the course of a few months. It was a very trying time. I found out I had an eating disorder and recovering from it was especially trying. For a very long time, I felt very hopeless and it was the first time in my life I was actually suicidal.

But I pulled through and things are much better and stable now, which is great. I learned a lot about myself and my family and our relationships have gotten stronger in some aspects but are a bit fragile in others still.

I feel much stronger as an individual and capable of handling more stress than I thought I ever could, and I am more thankful for days where things are just normal.

I also feel a greater inclination to help people and try to alleviate suffering in others as much as I can, even in little ways. Not that I'm a saint or anything, but I have a different attitude when it comes to those in bad situations.
Oh hey hello again thread.

Why don't we make an "Official depression thread" or some shit?
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
i've always been a pretty miserable dude. its hard to pinpoint when life sucked the hardest

nowadays i just smoke weed
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I feel hopeless quite often. It's more frequent now that I'm graduating this year and will have to move on with my life into the adult world. I just don't know what I want to do. I can't say I want to be a race care driver or an astronaut or something anymore because I'm not 6 and you kind of have to start young. I guess I'll have to subject myself to 50 years of cubicle hell.
lifes been a shithole since around 15 or so
lowest point was a year or so ago
got laid off
got cheated on
lost my scholarships to uni so i had to go to community
had just signed a 6 month lease to an apartment to i could be closer to my uni cause i couldnt legally drive
then i had to move back home in shame after being the first in my family to attend a univeristy

really shitty time for me
but then i discovered alcohol and the wolrd has neve rbeen better
My life is very cushy but I've had some serious emotional problems that have driven me near insane.
Hopelessness is so easy to feel. I was diagnosed with depression at 13 (I'm 18 now) and I was miserable for a while.
I just found something I was extremely passionate about, first music, then Japan.
I'm now focused on accomplishing something, living in Japan. Sometimes I get discouraged, but I remember there's always a door open somewhere.
It's like you're walking around in a huge building that is your life, and there's millions and millions of doors, and you gotta find the ones that are open. It'll lead you to more doors to choose from but there's ALWAYS a door. Sometimes some doors may lead back out to the lobby. But you just find another open one.
Life is constantly handing opportunity to those who seek it. Find something you love, go engage in it, and find those doors.

I found my first door in high school when I began taking Japanese, then took the next door and went to Japan, took the next one and studied Japanese in college. When I ran out, I took the next one and took private lessons from a Japan club in my town, which I also joined.

Sorry for the long post. It's late and I'm tired.
I hope you find your doors.
I'm having hard times now. Studying for seemingly impossible uni exams T_T

I just want to get really intoxicated
Hard times? Nah

Hard ons? Yah
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I owe a lot of companies a lot of money because my dad hid all his issues from me.
My mom died when i was 14, which caused the family to lose 50ish% income, we lost the house, went to a home that we rent, my dad cant find a job because he's 57 years old and no company wants an oldy like that. My dad is obviously in more debts then I am.
Theres a lot more stuff, but who the hell cares.

I'm in a hard time. I just dont give a shit and live my life like its the last one. I enjoy life. people bitching about problems are just giant pussies.

Also I have a job now. as long as I'm debt free in like a year or so, all is good with me. If not? oh well
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
I've never been depressed but I have a tendency to worry too much and jump to the worst conclusion. My life has been very comfortable and easy, and I know it's going to turn to shit at any moment.
My life has been kinda shitty since the end of summer. I got busted for marijuana possession and distribution(not selling just giving to a friend). It's taken pretty seriously here in Sweden and the legal process is expensive and drawn out. I still haven't been tried in court yet and i've already had to pay a lot of money in relation to my low income. My parents have cut me off which makes it difficult to pay both rent and the eventual legal fine i'll recieve at the end of this month.
What's been hardest was probably spending christmas alone. My friends knew i wasn't gonna spend it with my family yet no one even called me until new years eve. That was pretty depressing.

What's funny though is that i'm not even close to being as depressed as i've been several times in my life when i didn't really have anything to complain about.
Probably a couple months ago, when my family got evicted. There was a strong possibility that we would be homeless, and my parents would be staying in a hotel while I was taken in my some church people. We finally found a place like two days before we were gonna get kicked out. I had to get rid of one of my dogs though.
this house is bitchin
I made sourdough bread on a weekly basis for about 6 months. I created and raised a yeast colony from just flour and water and time. The colony grew and was used to make loaves constantly going through devastating decimation and valiantly regenerating to full strength as I would scoop away most of the colony to build my loaves.

Then one day my oven broke and I could no longer bake bread. My treatment of the oven through excessively high temperatures and abusive steam generation may have expedited it's death, but I must give the bread and the yeast the respect it deserves and bake it to the highest standard.

My yeast colony still lived yet the time and energy needed to feed and maintain it with no foreseeable bread in future was a task I was not prepared to endure. One month after the death of my oven, I drowned my yeast colony under a harshly running faucet and allowed their remains to float away into the unknown depths of the sewage system.

I have since gotten a new oven but I do not know if I can handle the pain of raising life again and the chance of outliving it.

O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I've had shitty times definitely, but overall my life is extremely cushy so I feel like a bitch whenever I complain.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I've had shitty times definitely, but overall my life is extremely cushy so I feel like a bitch whenever I complain.

People who complain should feel like a bitch.
There's always someone who has it worse.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
People who complain should feel like a bitch.
There's always someone who has it worse.

That's the psychological trap, isn't it? What garners the right to complain? Can we ever have a way to properly measure a person's right to complain? I often feel guilty for complaining, and I'm sure someone who has it way worse than me feels guilty for complaining as well. Is this human nature? Should we never complain?

Such uncertainty...
I often feel hopeless but I'm pretty moody so once it passes it's nothing. The feeling itself though is horrible and effectively limits me from doing anything properly besides eat, write, and sleep. Luckily I know when it's coming on now so I just let myself be and wait for it to end. Now it's only a few hours and mostly at night so once I wake up the next morning it's gone, albeit with some crazy dreams. But the longest (to answer your question) was 8 months or so. Not very nice.

But yeah I know it's just a feeling now and I've managed to depersonalize it to some extent so I know that I am really very fortunate to even be alive today and should be proud of the person I am.

I occasionally feel guilty when I complain about minor things, but it's just a harmless way of letting off steam and I'm not complaining about them repeatedly to people who live in poverty or something. I tried 4 weeks of not saying anything negative to myself or others about anything at all, and when my bad mood did come along it was so much worse so I decided never to let that happen again.
cat
My mother just died a few days ago and my dad died back in the summer. I can't find a job no matter how many resumes I hand out. My fingers and wrist hurts because of my arthritis. I don't know how much worse it can get than this?

ron666
when i developed panic disorder. then when i got hooked on my own medication. it's a developing story.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I have nothing to worry about, obviously things could always be a little better though.

Just get drunk and stoned with people you like.
livin It hard right now , got bedbugs so goodbye to my king size bed,i have to sleep on the floor now :/, my dads the only one paying the bills ( my grandma died and the house was inheritated ) my uncle and aunt are bums and aren't paying shit , were actually like 2500 behind altogether with the water and mortgage , but had to change schools and shit don't know nobody there really , but my lifes always been a constant struggle really so im used to it I guess
Page 1 of 2