I bought this guitar in a local thrift shop for less than $10. What the heck is it?
I am uploading a pic somewhere here in a second..

Ok I uploaded it on my profile page! The only thing I can make out is there is that some parts were made in Japan and the head reads 3 letters, MOD. Or at least that's what it most resembles. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!
Last edited by cjpersons at Jan 10, 2014,
I wonder if you can use it to heat the house. Might be full of toxins..

EDIT: To be honest it looks cheap. Might be worth cleaning it and trying it. I have never seen such a guitar
Last edited by blacknex at Jan 10, 2014,
Not sure, the wiring is fried. I planned on restoring it but I cannot tell what parts I need to repair the rusty old ones.
You might want to try fit parts. I'm not sure if the parts are standard or some "custom-made-by-self" parts.

Dunno if worth restoring though. The wood doesn't look too expensive.
Last edited by blacknex at Jan 10, 2014,
What manufacturer makes the body and neck styles like this? Do you know? I hate that someone tossed the guitar around, it was worse when I got it. I started clean it up a few days ago, and thought it would be cool to have to play around on.

I just want to be able to play it. It seems old–may not be but it will be an art project until I figure out what I really want to do with it.
What originally happened is a person left it out in the rain. It somehow got muddy and it rusted, all metal, and the plastic warped in the middle. Someone tightened the pickup too much and snapped the plastic..

Plus I figure I may can make a few small bucks after all is said and done.
You’ll spend more fixing it than you’ll make. Vintage guitars aren’t worth much if the wood is damaged and most of the parts are replacements.

But you could probably make a wicked slide guitar out of it.
For some silly reason I thought Commodore by Matsumoku but Im buggered if I can find a picture of one like it.
It looks like a Kingston to me.

It could be a number of Tiesco type
Japanese imports.

But, I suspect that it's a Kingston.
Just can't prove it,

Tabdog
i was thinking tiesco myself but i'm not that into these pre-1978 MIJ jobbers.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.