Page 1 of 3
It started out with taking candy bars from a gas station when I was drunk, now I find myself stealing crap I want whenever I find it convenient.

Today I went into JCPennies to return some Christmas gifts. I got store credit and decided to go shopping around a little. While I was looking around I just started thinking about what I could steal. In the end I bought some new pants using the store credit I had, and I stole a belt, sunglasses, and a wallet.

Anyone else ever have a brief period in their life's where they shoplifted?
Nah but I did have the brief period in my life where we caught the most shoplifters in the entire country for our entire store chain.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
No but I've caught people shoplifting at the store I work at. It's usually preteens and they're ridiculous. There was a guy who was wearing 5 polos under his hoodie and he'd desensored all of them but had a sensor in his hand as he was walking out. When it started beeping he panicked and accidentally pricked his finger on the sensor and started bleeding and I had to first find him a bandaid, and only then turn him over to the loss prevention guy

edit: also please don't shoplift. The company I work for is a huge chain but even so, rampant shoplifting is the reason why all employees have to purchase their own clothes now at a lower discount (they used to give us one outfit and we could wear that all the time, now we have to buy our own 6-8 times a year. Each item is about $80 so it's not insignificant). It's not a huge thing but it's still hard on the people who work there.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jan 10, 2014,
You're an asshole.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
every time i go to shop i steal from enemies who steal from me, and from you. if you only knew then you would steal too.
i don't know why i feel so dry
It's something you should really sit down and think about.
Think about the toll it takes on people.
In corporations, most of them have kids and women in third world countries in sweat shops make the items. Think about how unfairly they work, and for so little, and how you just took that product without paying for it.
I mean, the really decent thing to do it add up how much the stolen items were total, and donate that total to an oraganisation that funds bringing equal work conditions and wages to sweat shops in third world countries. That's truly the right thing to do.

PLEASE NEVER shoplift from a local business. They work hard and that could cost them thousands in merchandise and other legal fees.

There are support groups for people who are addicts, but you don't seem like you're addicted. It may be worth checking out a group before you become addicted.
Never had, but I've been with friends and even my sister while they did it, mostly candy and crap, and some make up.

The other day, a friend smuggled some eye drops in my other friend's shirt pocket without he even noticing.
lol no i have never shoplifted and don't intend to because i'm not a dick. You're a ****** ts and i hope you get caught.
Quote by treylio
It's something you should really sit down and think about.
Think about the toll it takes on people.
In corporations, most of them have kids and women in third world countries in sweat shops make the items. Think about how unfairly they work, and for so little, and how you just took that product without paying for it.
I mean, the really decent thing to do it add up how much the stolen items were total, and donate that total to an oraganisation that funds bringing equal work conditions and wages to sweat shops in third world countries. That's truly the right thing to do.

PLEASE NEVER shoplift from a local business. They work hard and that could cost them thousands in merchandise and other legal fees.

There are support groups for people who are addicts, but you don't seem like you're addicted. It may be worth checking out a group before you become addicted.

I've never thought about that aspect before. I don't know why I've started doing it recently, I never thought I'd shoplift before. I just look around the store I'm in, notice how easy it is, and then I decide to shoplift. I guess it's like any other drug in the world, its the rush that gets you.

I don't care if you call me an asshole, I am one for stealing, no doubt. Why do you think I started a thread for it? Because I wanted to talk about it, and see what other people have to say on the subject.
I did when I was about 12. Stole mostly video games from Walmart. Stealing from Walmart is okay IMO because they're a scourge on the world.
Here I was working hard to earn the things I buy. If only I had known about shoplifting sooner!

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by metal4eva_22
I did when I was about 12. Stole mostly video games from Walmart. Stealing from Walmart is okay IMO because they're a scourge on the world.

Don't be silly.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
lol @ all these guys acting all high and mighty.

**** you guys.

I have stolen things, but i've also grown up a lot since then and don't do it anymore. Dont get caught, dont steal from me. We're ok
Quote by akack

kills me every time

i stole a single packet of swiss miss hot chocolate on accident when i was a kid and lost my shit because i thought what happened to andy in shawshank redemption would happen to me

havent stolen anything since then because im not a chode
Quote by Peaceful Rocker

**** you guys.

I have stolen things, but i've also grown up a lot since then and don't do it anymore. Dont get caught, dont steal from me. We're ok

lol @ all this guy acting all high and mighty.
I once stole a copy of Bonestorm from the shop because Mum wouldn't buy me it.

I got caught and my family found out.

But in the end it was alright and Mum got me a golf game.
are you a cartoon?
Quote by Hydra150
lol @ all this guy acting all high and mighty.

Lol @ this guys acting all normal.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Lol @ this guys acting all normal.

I do try
Quote by Peaceful Rocker

**** you guys.

I hardly think "don't be a dick, stealing genuinely harms people" is being high and mighty.
Is dumpster diving considered stealing?
Supermarkets throw out tons of food, and a lot of it is still fit for consumption. Technically, their garbage is still their property, but it's going to waste, so why not make use of it?

I haven't actually done this but I've always wondered about what happens to all that extra food.
Quote by metal4eva_22

Well you know, the company will still take the same amount of profit from the store, it's just the employees bonus that you're taking.

You're not hurting the fat cats, you're hurting the everyday workers.

Quote by sashki
Supermarkets throw out tons of food, and a lot of it is still fit for consumption. Technically, their garbage is still their property, but it's going to waste, so why not make use of it?

I haven't actually done this but I've always wondered about what happens to all that extra food.

At the end of the day a lot of employees can reduce the food down to a small price such as 50p, my sister got 2 turkeys for a quid on Christmas Eve because people hadn't bought them. Otherwise it just get chucked out which is abhorrent and wasteful.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jan 10, 2014,
When I was like 16 and in my first relationship. My ***** gf was a bad influence on me. She stole stuff all the time. Even once got banned from this grocery store for getting caught stealing a thing of chapstick

I didn't still much though. A few t shirts here and there, and pregnancy tests every other month..
I've never done it, but that's because I'm not a huge asshole.

I used to work at a grocery store, and we'd get a bonus at the end of the year if losses weren't above a certain amount. Needless to say, shoplifters were not people I liked very much.
Not sure why people are hating on the TS

He was only thinking, from a curiousity perspective, what could he steal. He said he bought a few pairs of pants, etc.

I've thought about it too. It's only a ****ing thought, lol. I've thought, when I passed a cop on the road, what local routes I could take if i decided to run from the cops and tried to lose him. But it's just a thought.
Quote by sashki

The leftover food from the store that I worked at sold it to companies that made animal food. So you know, pigs etc eat leftover pie. I sometimes took some for myself though
Quote by bdof

He was only thinking, from a curiousity perspective, what could he steal. He said he bought a few pairs of pants, etc.

I've thought about it too. It's only a ****ing thought, lol. I've thought, when I passed a cop on the road, what local routes I could take if i decided to run from the cops and tried to lose him. But it's just a thought.

he stated that he stole those items
Quote by bdof

I take it your reading comprehension isn't the best? He said this:

Quote by Loosifa
I stole a belt, sunglasses, and a wallet.

So he did steal things.
I'm so happy you joined UG to tell us you're a cunt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yup, totally glossed over the "stole" in there.

TS is indeed a c*nt
Quote by metal4eva_22

Or if you wanted to punish Walmart you could just shop somewhere else? The place i work at is reviled by many and yeah, shoplifting does cut into net profits significantly, and as I said in my post earlier that comes down to normal employees which is pretty shitty. But I highly doubt the CEO (who is the evil one) is affected much because he's already megarich.

Unless you legitimately hate every single walmart employee or something
cat
Quote by Jackal58
I'm so happy you joined UG to tell us you're a cunt.

Wonder how TS would feel if he got caught. I'd be so embarrassed if I got caught shoplifting. If I was going to get in trouble, it better be for something cool. Like cooking high quality meth, killing drug lords and acquiring an obscene amount of money from it.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by guitarxo
Or if you wanted to punish Walmart you could just shop somewhere else? The place i work at is reviled by many and yeah, shoplifting does cut into net profits significantly, and as I said in my post earlier that comes down to normal employees which is pretty shitty. But I highly doubt the CEO (who is the evil one) is affected much because he's already megarich.

Unless you legitimately hate every single walmart employee or something

To add to this, if you really want to be legit, check out of the company is with a multinational. You'd be surprised at how much stuff eventually is owned by one of the big multinationals (unilever, nestle P&G). Etc.

There's less choice then u might think.

They often own both the "rich people products" as well as the modal or low income products/chains/shops.

They do this, because people actively seek out "not to be hipster" or not to be a hip hop guy as far as clothing goes, and this way they give u a fake lesser choice still within them being the main choice.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 10, 2014,
Quote by TheChaz
No because I'm not a dickwad.

/thread
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 3