I have a 7 guitar multi stand. I have them sitting at an angle with the side neck resting against the back bar of the mesh and the front of the neck supported by the peg in front of each guitar. I notice that most people have them sitting with the back of the neck supported by the peg behind the guitar. Which is best? Does it matter? or is it preference? I see both ways done. But I am OCD about taking care of my guitars.
Last edited by Isaiah Burridge at Jan 10, 2014,
i always rest guitars against the back of the neck.

unless it's a tele of course, then just toss it close to the amp.
Sorry, this is just a follow on from your question: How the hell do I stand up an Explorer?! I can'tfor the life of me get it to stand upright-.-
Caution:
This post contains my opinion and/or inaccurate information

Quote by vayne92
I'm genuinely beginning to think you're the best troll of all time

"Emocore is like, when you cry when you break a guitar string"
- Thurston Moore
Quote by gregs1020

unless it's a tele of course, then just toss it close to the amp.

...from the back of the arena.

It may require a windup.
Quote by gregs1020
i always rest guitars against the back of the neck.

+1

Quote by buxeyy
Sorry, this is just a follow on from your question: How the hell do I stand up an Explorer?! I can'tfor the life of me get it to stand upright-.-

with difficulty, normally. any of those pointy guitars you normally need a hercules stand or similar which holds them by the headstock.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dspellman
...from the back of the arena.

It may require a windup.

put your back into it.
Quote by buxeyy

They are hard to stand up indeed.

Wall hangers work, but they're not portable. Hercules stands work, but they're very expensive.

I myself own an explorer-style guitar and I managed to get around the problem, using a regular guitar stand like this:

Just by removing the left leg that holds the guitar body on the stand, and drilling new holes lower down the frame, and putting the leg in those new holes, you can make the guitar fit on the stand. You do need an electric drill though.

But those kinds of stands are WAY cheaper and more portable than the Hercules ones, and they work just as well when you modify them to fit your guitar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
They are hard to stand up indeed.

I myself own an explorer-style guitar and I managed to get around the problem, using a regular guitar stand like this:

Just by removing the left leg that holds the guitar body on the stand, and drilling new holes lower down the frame, and putting the leg in those new holes, you can make the guitar fit on the stand. You do need an electric drill though.

But those kinds of stands are WAY cheaper and more portable than the Hercules ones, and they work just as well when you modify them to fit your guitar.

Hmm, i have one of those stands for my other guitar, might try that. Thanks!
Caution:
This post contains my opinion and/or inaccurate information

Quote by vayne92
I'm genuinely beginning to think you're the best troll of all time

"Emocore is like, when you cry when you break a guitar string"
- Thurston Moore
I always rest them on the neck, resting them on the strings always looked kinda weird to me I guess. Doubt it makes any difference for the guitar though, just soothes my OCD.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
On a stand face forward.

However, I advice to put it on the strings when leaning it into something else (hard surface). Otherwise you mite end up with little dents in the neck.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??