Page 1 of 2
You're walking in an unfamiliar area alone (could be day or night) and you're confronted by a stranger who demands valuables and threatens violence.

Anyone ever actually been mugged?

Whenever I feel like it could happen I get the tense feeling followed by the question of what I would actually do if it did happen. Most likely nothing. Valuables can be replaced over time even if they are more expensive than an entire paycheck or two. Getting stabbed/shot/the shit kicked out of ya probably doesn't feel great.

So, any experiences?
Quote by angusfan16
I mugged a man in reno once just to watch him die.

that's just murder, angusfan
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
So you guys would rather give thousands of dollars away just to not get hurt? Why not get hurt anyway? The NHS will cover the cost...

oh wait
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by fenderdude06
You're walking in an unfamiliar area alone (could be day or night) and you're confronted by a stranger who demands valuables and threatens violence.

Anyone ever actually been mugged?

Whenever I feel like it could happen I get the tense feeling followed by the question of what I would actually do if it did happen. Most likely nothing. Valuables can be replaced over time even if they are more expensive than an entire paycheck or two. Getting stabbed/shot/the shit kicked out of ya probably doesn't feel great.

So, any experiences?

I know a lot of people might have some kind of experience of connection to this so... [TRIGGER WARNING]

I was walking down the street at 4-5 am after a night out, and i had parted with my mates (we had walked from my house since i live close to the inner city.)
So i see this guy walking towards me, wearing a hoodie and i was getting a little anxious.. He pulls a knife on me and tells me to give him everything i got on me. I fumble around in my pockets, but i cant get a hold of my wallet since i was quite drunk. He pushes me and his hood falls off.. And then i saw it... I'll never forget his eyes. Knowing that i had seen him and that i would tell on him, he pulled me into an alley, threatening me with his knife... And he raped me. He raped me and took my money..

This is the first time i ever tell anyone. You are the only ones i trust to believe in me..

I was.....

I was mugged and raped by Kermit the frog.
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.
When I was a kid I was mugged of my dark charizad. I knew where the kid lived so took his bike.
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by WCPhils
that's just murder, angusfan

One could say that I stole his life
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jan 10, 2014,
I was robbed at gunpoint last summer, for real. It was really easy, and I'd recommend the experience.

They took my guitar, wallet and phone as well as my friends' things. They left my one friend's girlfriend alone because they didn't want a confrontation. They were caught because they were the only guys carrying a guitar and a gun around, and they kept assaulting/robbing people. It climaxed when they broke some guy's nose and stole his car a couple blocks from where they lived in Trenton.

A few months later, and I have to keep appearing in court. It's a real pain. We agreed to let the one fellow be tried as a juvenile. He wasn't carrying the gun, so hopefully he won't be ****ed for life.

It messed me up for a little bit, and I got nervous to go out walking at night, which is something I love. Then I realized I'd rather die than stop wandering at night.

People blamed us and said it was our fault for being out on a walk or not carrying a gun, but I felt that was shitty. It always seemed to me like I should be able to walk and not be robbed. Also, in terms of guns as protection, there was really nothing anyone of us could do with a gun on our neck already. The guys would have just stolen our gun. Besides, not reacting violently may be the only reason that they didn't shoot us. Although, we did get to sass them a little.

EDIT: My friend's and I were in the Giant parking lot.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/crime/cops-we-re-not-afraid-to-shoot-because-we-re/article_ec1a4962-b7b3-5b82-ae8e-3f1356029aa8.html

The worst part about this was, and is still, that we have to work with bullheaded cops who want us to convict a seventeen year old as an adult who was a nonviolent offender for no other reason that we can deduce, other than his race.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Last edited by Bushinarin at Jan 10, 2014,
I was set up and jumped by a friend a few years back if that counts. They got $25 though so it was totally worth the trouble they got in. It's a long story, short version is people are fucking stupid, and they're still in jail/prison.
yea

one put a knife up to me and another came from behind and put me in a headlock

all they got was some beat up ipod from 2002 that barely worked lol

it was in ****ing broad daylight too and they were mugging everyone.. ****ing idiots got arrested 10 minutes later

never had the experience, but i've played metal gear solid so i think i could disarm a common street thug
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Bushinarin
People blamed us and said it was our fault for being out on a walk or not carrying a gun

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
never had the experience, but i've played metal gear solid so i think i could disarm a common street thug

same, just mash square

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Never been mugged, just had someone break into my car and steal my ipod and stereo. seriously, who the **** steals a stereo anymore?
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Back in May I was happily walking on a sunny afternoon. It happened around 5 pm.
I was in a narrow alley and suddenly heard "pssst". I turned back as a reflex since I was the only one there and it happened very fast. I saw him on the eyes. On one hand he had some kind of knife and with his other hand he put his index finger on his lips to tell me not to make noise. He was very close to me, maybe 1 meter. My legs went away, he tried to grab me but I ran as fast as I could until I reached a big square. I was scared and went home right away.
Quote by Bushinarin
I was robbed at gunpoint last summer, for real. It was really easy, and I'd recommend the experience.

They took my guitar, wallet and phone as well as my friends' things. They left my one friend's girlfriend alone because they didn't want a confrontation. They were caught because they were the only guys carrying a guitar and a gun around, and they kept assaulting/robbing people. It climaxed when they broke some guy's nose and stole his car a couple blocks from where they lived in Trenton.

A few months later, and I have to keep appearing in court. It's a real pain. We agreed to let the one fellow be tried as a juvenile. He wasn't carrying the gun, so hopefully he won't be ****ed for life.

It messed me up for a little bit, and I got nervous to go out walking at night, which is something I love. Then I realized I'd rather die than stop wandering at night.

People blamed us and said it was our fault for being out on a walk or not carrying a gun, but I felt that was shitty. It always seemed to me like I should be able to walk and not be robbed. Also, in terms of guns as protection, there was really nothing anyone of us could do with a gun on our neck already. The guys would have just stolen our gun. Besides, not reacting violently may be the only reason that they didn't shoot us. Although, we did get to sass them a little.

EDIT: My friend's and I were in the Giant parking lot.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/crime/cops-we-re-not-afraid-to-shoot-because-we-re/article_ec1a4962-b7b3-5b82-ae8e-3f1356029aa8.html

The worst part about this was, and is still, that we have to work with bullheaded cops who want us to convict a seventeen year old as an adult who was a nonviolent offender for no other reason that we can deduce, other than his race.

Trenton is so classy
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Trenton is so classy

Trenton, Camden, Newark, Atlantic City. No thank you.

All of Jersey's cities are really messed up.

Quote by korinaflyingv
what the actual ****

I know right? It's not like it would be worth killing them to keep our things.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Last edited by Bushinarin at Jan 10, 2014,
Twice, actually.

Once, I was a lot younger and I had no money or credit cards. The guy threatened to shoot me after I showed him I had no money (The nerve of me to not have money, I know). I told him "Yes you could, but I still won't have any money." And he left.

Second time I was with a friend of mine who apparently had studied martial arts since infancy. I didn't even really know what happened. This guy approached us, said something (I didn't even really here what he said) the next thing I knew my friend had him pinned on the ground in some kind of submission hold and was yelling at me to find a pay phone and call the cops (before cell phones, obviously).

So, not very interesting stories.
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Jan 10, 2014,
Quote by jugglingfreak
Twice, actually.

Once I a lot younger was alone and I had no money or credit cards. The guy threatened to shoot me after I showed him I had no money (The nerve of me to not have money, I know). I told him "Yes you could, but I still won't have any money." And he left.

Second time I was with a friend of mine who apparently had studied martial arts since infancy. I didn't even really know what happened. This guy approached us, said something (I didn't even really here what he said) the next thing I knew my friend had him pinned on the ground in some kind of submission hold and was yelling at me to find a pay phone and call the cops (before cell phones, obviously).

So, not very interesting stories.

so in other words, you've never been mugged

Quote by MinterMan22
so in other words, you've never been mugged

I suppose "attempted mugging" would be a better description.

I have had a person pull a gun on me and demand money, I just had none.
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Jan 10, 2014,
Quote by Bushinarin

Are you kidding me? It might have something to do with the fact that this asshole is less than a year from being an adult. I'm not an expert, but I know a lot of juvenile sentences are short, and can be wiped from your record. Just because he didn't hold the gun doesn't mean he didn't commit violence. 17 is old enough to know better. He should do real, hard, adult time.
Quote by seanlang01
Are you kidding me? It might have something to do with the fact that this asshole is less than a year from being an adult. I'm not an expert, but I know a lot of juvenile sentences are short, and can be wiped from your record. Just because he didn't hold the gun doesn't mean he didn't commit violence. 17 is old enough to know better. He should do real, hard, adult time.

Yeah, like there couldn't have been any other variables involved besides the ones he mentioned in like three paragraphs while briefly summarizing the incident.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I ran down to the levee but the devil caught me there,
Took my twenty dollar bill and vanished in the air.

So yeah I was mugged by Satan nbd.
Somewhat.

Once some drunk guy started annoying me and my friend while we were walking home from some fast food joint. He just tried to intimidate us, tried to take a french fry or two from the box we were carrying, jumped at us once or twice in an attempt to frighten us etc. It was obvious that he was pretty confident in his ability to fuck our shit up.

My friend just sped up a bit trying to leave him behind and kind of gestured me to do the same, but me being the arrogant little thirteen-year-old cunt that I was decided it was a good idea to give the drunk a piece of mind.

He of course wasn't very satisfied with my suggestions on how to fuck himself and went into an alcohol induced rage, pulled a knife on me and demanded our wallets and phones.

We stood there for about a minute trying to calm him down with him running from one person to the other and rambling on about how he was about to open our guts, or something.

Somewhere in the middle of that pleasant exchange, we simply decided that there's no way that drunk would catch is in a chase so we decided to just make a run for it and we lost him very quickly.

I ran behind some houses and waited for my friend to call me since the drunk went after him. He did so in a couple of minutes and we agreed that it's time to call it a night since we were already on our way home.

So I go across some back yards and got back to an actual street. Well, lo and behold, there he was - the drunktard was already there trying to mug some other woman but she was calling the police which apparently was too hardcore for him. He left her alone and I just went on my way.

Such is life.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
If the American justice system can try minors as adults, then why recognise a legal distinction between minors and adults? Why not decide the particulars of each case individually?
I played a lot of Street Fighter as a kid. I feel sorry for anybody who tries to mug me.

The ass kicking I will attempt to give them will make them feel awkward enough that my wallet wasn't worth the discomfort of watching a 22 year old adult attempt to defeat them with a Shoryuken.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by modus operandi
If the American justice system can try minors as adults, then why recognise a legal distinction between minors and adults? Why not decide the particulars of each case individually?

Because the distinction allows minors to get a lesser punishment. If it wasn't there at all, they would be given the same jail time for the crimes they committed. The ability to try minors as adults exists for extreme cases or times when the minor is accountable for his actions enough
Well not in the classical mugging kind of way.

But me and my friends were downtown having drinks. Getting pretty hammered, but it was all in good fun for my friend's birthday. And we were leaving, and one of my friends was talking to some random guy, and some passerby said something which started an argument between the two of them.

One thing leads to another and my friend gets a hay maker to the face. Then all of the sudden 7 guys pop out of nowhere to support their buddy or whatever, so of course we go to our help our friend who got had actually just had his orbital bone broken. We're all there basically telling them to back off and to **** off because like, our friend is not looking good and we just them to **** right off and continue their shenanigans somewhere else.

They proceeded to not give a shit, and basically make the decision that we were all gonna be in a huge fight. So we're not just gonna run, we defended ourselves and tried to coerce them with fisticuffs to **** off.

We were drunk as shit, most of them were pretty sober, one guy was a kickboxer for ****ing sure, and was definitely on something. I found out later, that it was cocaine. The guy was a ****ing ninja. I've never seen someone bounce off proverbial walls like this ever.

So we're all fighting. There's 4 of us, drunk as shit. And seven of them, some sober but amped up as hell, and some on other things, one guy for sure on coke, who seriously knows his shit. They did some damage, we did some damage.

The initial hit on my friend that started the whole thing caused a hairline fracture in my friend's orbital bone. Really wasn't all that bad though, he was 100% two weeks later. My other friend had a broken nose, as in completely folded the other way. But he has no cartilage left because of hockey and has had his nose broken 8 times beforehand. So he didn't give a shit. My third friend had a black eye and I messed up jaw, which I think we all ended up getting.

I also got a black eye and messed up jaw, a small crack in my nose. But during the fight, I kind of stepped off for like 10 seconds to get my bearings, and I was watching all my friends fighting. It was pure goonery, like 3 guys were basically grabbing my buddy and getting any hit they could sneak in all around him. I remember my other friend on his back trying to kick up a storm while two guys were trying to get at him to hold him down.

Then in that very short moment, one of the guys was kind of doing the same thing as I was but further back, away from the fight, catching his breath. And he came up behind me, roundhouse kicked me in the back of the head and it was lights out. I woke up in the ambulance and got a CT scan later. Everything was good, just a concussion with some memory loss.

Turns out a cab driver saw the whole thing from beginning to end. Apparently he was yelling at everyone to stop. Spoke to the cops later, they asked us if we wanted to press charges. We all said no because we don't have time for that court shit and I don't want my name in any of that.

They got their fair share though. The ambulance took them to the other hospital. Some broken noses, rung clocks and sore jaws and black eyes. Interestingly enough, the crazy coked out guy got the worst of it, on top of a minor concussion and a broken nose, he got two cracked ribs and a chipped tooth. As in, on his front chompers chipped right in half. Which, in my opinion, sucks 10x more than cracked ribs. One thing I did remember was fighting with that guy, by some miracle getting some punches through and I reefed him one right in the ribs and I remember seeing the clench of pain in his face and then I decked him with another one right in kisser (yeah, pow right in the kissah) and I distinctly remember him putting his tongue over his tooth and losing his shit over the fact that I had just broken his front tooth in half. How he didn't go full ****** and turn my head into pumpkin mash, I have no clue.

The cops later told us that these guys were ****ed up on all sorts of shit, and that one guy had an incredibly high amount of cocaine in his blood when they tested him and the hospital. They told me this when they saw the results three days later. They also said that each guy had multiple incidents with streets fights and bar fights and that they were considered like a group of muggers or whatever. They had started fights with other people before and seriously ****ed them up and got away with their wallets before the cops came. Most of them were on probation and the cop said they were probably gonna get hit hard. Then again, you never know these days with the justice system. Whatever, I was happy we were all sort of ok afterwards, we did some good damage even though were drunk as tits and outnumbered by coked out street fighters. The cops actually classified it as various counts of assault and considered it a gang mugging. I kind of agree, but at the same time, it was also just a outnumbered fight that had been started by guys who literally just like to start fights and beat the shit out people and maybe get some bonus cash at the end.
Last edited by metalblaster at Jan 10, 2014,
I was with a friend once and he got mugged. They stole his phone then got mad because his phone was a piece of shit, so they gave it back and stole his umbrella instead.
Quote by link no1
I played a lot of Street Fighter as a kid. I feel sorry for anybody who tries to mug me.

The ass kicking I will attempt to give them will make them feel awkward enough that my wallet wasn't worth the discomfort of watching a 22 year old adult attempt to defeat them with a Shoryuken.

THIS
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Not sure if it counts as a mugging but anyway, I came out of a shop a couple of months ago which at the side of a lot of scumbags tend to hang around, so this rough looking bird with scars and shit on her face and asks for money to feed her kids and starts going on about how her boyfriend sliced her with a knife, and I said sorry but I don't have any (lying) and then as I tried to walk past she sort of blocked me then pointed behind her to a group of men standing against a wall who were staring at me and told me they'd kick the shit out of me so I handed her a fiver and left.

I always get junkies coming up to me telling me to give them my phone and stuff at bus stops when i'm on the way home but you can just walk by them as their a bit slow.
That's why I usually carry a blunt object in schetchish areas like a hammer
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Page 1 of 2