I can't choose between the Digitech Hardwire RV-7 and the TC Hall of Fame. I like them both for different reasons. I'm finding it hard to choose. I'll be using it for mainly ambient post-rock and shoe-gaze. My favourite album and ambient guitar sound is 'young mountain by This will destroy you', and I LOVE the reverb sounds they get. Which one of these two pedals would be best suited for that kind of sound?

Here is the kind of 'verb I'm trying to achieve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOd2x1xxwRE
Quote by Taz9
One word: Strymon.

What this guy said. And you need delay with that reverb.
I picked up an RV-7 off gregs1020 and couldn't be happier. Can't speak to the Hall of Fame. I doubt you could wrong with either.

Someone gave me a good reason to get the Rv-7 over the Hall of Fame and can't remember what it was - but it had something to do with either build quality or buzzing or something like that.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 10, 2014,
I've been checking out the Strymon Blue Sky/Big Sky, and it screams post-rock. There are some sounds from some reviews that sound like they're straight from An EITS song.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I've owned a bluesky, rv7 and a supernatural, seriously look at the hardwire supernatural, I now use a strymon flint for alt stuff and the supernatural for post rock
Hall of fame now has the toneprint editor so that's a pretty solid option now.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I don't know if you're willing to save up a bit more money, but I would defiantly recommend the Wet Stereo Reverb. I always loved TWDY's tones and I find that I can get their kind of vibe going really well with the Wet. You might even want to look into a used Boss RV-5, the modulate setting is really commonly heard on a lot of 3rd wave post rock music.
Quote by AWACS
I've been checking out the Strymon Blue Sky/Big Sky, and it screams post-rock. There are some sounds from some reviews that sound like they're straight from An EITS song.

I fully agree with this. I was considering the Hall of Fame before I bought my Bluesky but decided to be patient and save some money for the Strymon. Best decision ever. This is THE post-rock pedal!
Last edited by Dani Host at Jan 11, 2014,
I'm in the same exact situation as you, OP.

Check out the TC Trinity.

IMO, my ears right now are telling me Trinity > Hardwire Supernatural > RV-7 > Hall of Fame.

I don't like the controls on the Hardwire verbs, I really like the tone control on the TC pedals rather than the "Liveliness" on the Hardwires. Also worth pointing out that the TC pedals are much more useful for ambient sounds than the Hardwires, because all of the Hardwire models have really really short decay times in comparison to the TC models.

The Strymon usually sounds amazing to my ears, but I think it's one you really need to try in person with your setup to see if it'll work for you, as it's controls are a bit weird. Especially at its price point.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jan 11, 2014,