Hi folks, have recently started using pedals although have been playing for years but recently joined a band so pedals we're necessary. I'm currently using a Boss BCB-60 and in order i am running; korg pitchblack-blackstardistortion-procoRAT-Supergosynthengine-flashbackdelay-AC30... but i am noticing only slightly that my tone when no pedals are engaged is somewhat more dry and a bit muffy if that makes sense?

I also get a buzz when i am not fretting my guitar when the their is volume... the guitar i use is a fender starcaster btw.

Anyone with pedalboard knowledge out their please help would be very much appreciated!

BTW i know the pedalboard it's self isnt the best but for now it's all im able to use as i couldn't afford to buy a board and a separate power unit
Quote by joebrookesss
Hi folks, have recently started using pedals although have been playing for years but recently joined a band so pedals we're necessary. I'm currently using a Boss BCB-60 and in order i am running; korg pitchblack-blackstardistortion-procoRAT-Supergosynthengine-flashbackdelay-AC30... but i am noticing only slightly that my tone when no pedals are engaged is somewhat more dry and a bit muffy if that makes sense?

I also get a buzz when i am not fretting my guitar when the their is volume... the guitar i use is a fender starcaster btw.

Anyone with pedalboard knowledge out their please help would be very much appreciated!

BTW i know the pedalboard it's self isnt the best but for now it's all im able to use as i couldn't afford to buy a board and a separate power unit

Bud - one word. Buffer.

You need one. It'll brighten up the loss of signal you're clearly encountering.
I read something about this, can you recommend me one?

also to put out their i havent had my valves/rectifier etc changed in my ac30 since i bought it (3 years ago) like i said it's significant even guitar>amp it's not as bright as it once was but the pedals definitely do knock it a bit more down... could having my amp serviced also brighten her up?
New tubes will make a difference for sure. Power tubes do get pretty dull and lifeless after a while. That would be the place to start.

But a buffer would also be a good help.

Poor quality cables can also cause treble loss.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
That's a q for an amp tech. valve wear is a difficult one. Svetlana's wear quicker than JJ or TAD's, but sound better IMO, so if they're Svets best check them. Check if they're changing their glow level if you play a big power chord. From what you say, the only thing that might be up valve wise is the rectifier cos it sounds like it's sagging, but I am not sure if the AC30 rectifier is valve or SS? I think it depends on the AC30, but stand to be corrected by a Vox man.

Re buffer, yeah....the Empress is pretty good. Bout $120 or £100. It really sounds as if you could do with one cos the give away is pedals off different tones. The other thing is you could then chuck your tuner into the tuner out jack on the empress, so you get rid of it in the signal chain
cheers bud! gonna take her for servicing tomorrow and ask about buffer pedals- problem is with my local store they just fob you off with what they have in store not very helpful... yeah also going to get some better cables/ also noticed my starcaster has a thicker sound in comparison to the twang of my telecaster which may be why this guitar really shows the muddynes of the amp
another thing i have noticed though (sound stupid) when i'm at rehearsals my sound is a lot better when playing in my bedroom it definitely impacts it and because i have my amp with its back to the wall i think this can be causing a bass increase... I never thought i'd be saying my AC30 has to much bass...
Quote by joebrookesss
another thing i have noticed though (sound stupid) when i'm at rehearsals my sound is a lot better when playing in my bedroom it definitely impacts it and because i have my amp with its back to the wall i think this can be causing a bass increase... I never thought i'd be saying my AC30 has to much bass...

haha- turn your amp around, seriously. Mic the back of it. Bonamassa does it!!!!
ohhh thats sweet, cheers dude

do you think putting my rat first might help as iv'e heard fuzz pedals can be a pain in the pedalboard area? as i use both the fuzz and the blackstar valve pedal. People say only use one but they are completely different pedals i use my fuzz for garage sounding lead and my blackstar works great for just kicking the amp up the arse like a top (top) boost haha!
Joe- deffo - Fuzz should always precede OD

Wah>pitch shift>Comp>Fuzz>OD>EQ>Mods>Delays>verb is a good basic rule.

I love Rats. Brilliantly versatile.
The sound difference will be due to the volume difference. When you drive the power section harder, supposedly it sound better.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by jakey333
Bud - one word. Buffer.

You need one. It'll brighten up the loss of signal you're clearly encountering.

sure there is the possibility tube issue, but i would try a buffer first.

+3.1415 to jakey
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
As far as the buzz goes, do you have singles or a bucker in the strat?

Singles are going to hum. That's part of the charm.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--