I ordered this custom shop parker maxxfly 7 string off Nick who owns the Axe Palace in Boston, killer guy to buy from and everything went smoothly. The guitar even finished the same month he told me it would finish, which is amazing because I have owned tons of custom guitars, but none have ever arrived on time. The setup done by his tech was great too and exactly what I asked for, which was surprising given it went from the freezing cold east cold to the westcoast. Nick responded to me during the Christmas holidays from his phone which was really cool. I also talked to him a TON on over facebook (1000+ messages in our FB chat history i think), and he was always very patient. The only thing I have against him is the damage to my wallet!

This year I have gone through a ton of guitars. To put things into context; I've had Suhrs, Carvins, Daemoness, Oakland Axe Factory, Caparison, ViK, multiple jcustoms, a few EBMMs, Decibel, a few Mayones, BlacKat, Blackmachine, etc.... I have basically tried everything there is to try. So its not like I've never owned a decent guitar and I'm just some newbie on an NGD high.

Anyways, this guitar is easily my favorite out of everything I have owned, especially at the price point. Its not the "best" per say, but the only guitars I've had that were both five figures so obviously not a fair comparison.

The reason its my favorite though, is because its a KILLER jack of all trades.

Want unbeatable clean tones? The cleans are unbelievably good thanks to the graphtech piezo and coil split.

Mid-gain tones sound killer as well, blending in the piezo leads to some very cool tones.

However, I spend most of my time playing death metal so high gain is what I was most worried about when I bought this. I am not usually a big fan of Seymour Duncan and their pickups, but the Distortions in this sound perfect. They aren't overly hot (i usually use mid output pickups for high gain), have just enough bite, etc. Originally I planned on having Bare Knuckle Pickups rewind them, but honestly, I'm too happy with them as they as to do that. The guitar has the same clarity as my ViK and Blackmachine. Its like you can keep piling on the gain but everything stays clear. Also, the higher frets sustain and respond like like the lower ones do, which is always a good sign of quality.

You might be reading this and thinking that the thin body makes the guitar sound thin but you'd be dead wrong. The neck and body are wrapped in carbon fiber, which gives you awesome sustain. The neck and body are both mahogany, which I was worried might sound too thick and/or muddy, especially being tuned to drop A (AEADGBE) but it reminds me more of my swamp ash bodied guitars with maple necks tonally.

Playability wise, the carbon glass fretboard combined with the stainless frets make for a unique feel that you can't really get from a normal guitar. Vibrato and bending is far easier on this. The flatter radius and tighter string spacing makes this far comfier than my Parker DF824 IMO.

The neck joint, or lack thereof, is ridiculous. Unbeatable access to the higher frets. The overall contours really make this guitar feel like you're playing something out of the future. It weighs next to nothing, yet sounds monstrous!

The trem system is quite neat. It is non-locking but very stable. You can change it from hardtail, to dive only or to full floating (what i have it in now). This is great for recording, and string changes!

Its very very likely that I will be placing an order through the Axe Palace for another Parker Maxxfly 7 string with a koa top or flamed maple top.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Anyways, here are some horrible washed out looking cellphone pictures, Ill take more when it stops raining here in vancouver:

Want to Buy:

UV7PWH
HNGD! It's certainly novel to me.

PS: You need to get this car to match
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
i had a mustang that color.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
HNGD! I have always liked Parker guitars. Never owned one, but still. Love the color.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
HNGD!

I have played a couple Parkers, and loved them. Never could afford one, though. Anytime I had the $$$, something came up.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Where do you live? What is your dog's favorite snack? What is the code to your alarm system? When do you go to work?

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Wow

Awesome, this and the orange one I've seen on SS.org and just amazing.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Wow. HNGD, that's an amazing instrument and im super ultra jelly.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
OH SNAP!

i didnt even look yet. i just scrolled down immidiately to say oh snap.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Jan 11, 2014,
that really is something special. congrats.

I have to ask, how does the carvin compare to those other guitars? i would personally say that a carvin may be the lowest end guitar you listed, but given that range of Ultra Boutique guitars, i want your opinion of how it stacks up.

i have a CT624, the carved top PRS clones...
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
that really is something special. congrats.

I have to ask, how does the carvin compare to those other guitars? i would personally say that a carvin may be the lowest end guitar you listed, but given that range of Ultra Boutique guitars, i want your opinion of how it stacks up.

i have a CT624, the carved top PRS clones...

They are great for the money. No idea why kids are buying premium indo ibanez for $1200 when they could get a low-spec carvin for cheaper plus a few nifty upgrades.

The only thing I find with carvin is that the neckthrus sound plasticy. For some reason the boltons Ive owned have sounded way better but the neckthrus have this weird tone to them regardless of woods used.

Apparently its a common issue, a few threads have popped up on the carvin BBS. But yeah, if they did a bolt on 7 i would order one very fast.
Want to Buy:

UV7PWH
wow, awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
good to hear!

they do make the carved top 7 series, and i bought a CT cause i felt like going (all out) but i also wanted a smoother sound, and i did hear that about the neck through models.

so thank you for validating my decision!

i also take it by your answer that it may be the lowest end guitar you owned? no offense, you are talking about 5000- 10,000 dollar guitars, so saying a 1500 dollar carvin is low end is no issue.

but it is nice to hear it is somewht "nice" in comparison.
___

i would love a parker. if i had unlimited funds, i would buy a lot of guitars and a parker will be on the list.

i have found the low end parkers are terrible though. that new line they released? look ok from a initial inspection, but after 5 minutes they set off my "eye-ball quality red flags"....where i just say, no....oh no, no to that, meh. typical indonesian crap. and put it down.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Quote by ikey_
good to hear!

they do make the carved top 7 series, and i bought a CT cause i felt like going (all out) but i also wanted a smoother sound, and i did hear that about the neck through models.

so thank you for validating my decision!

i also take it by your answer that it may be the lowest end guitar you owned? no offense, you are talking about 5000- 10,000 dollar guitars, so saying a 1500 dollar carvin is low end is no issue.

but it is nice to hear it is somewht "nice" in comparison.
___

i would love a parker. if i had unlimited funds, i would buy a lot of guitars and a parker will be on the list.

i have found the low end parkers are terrible though. that new line they released? look ok from a initial inspection, but after 5 minutes they set off my "eye-ball quality red flags"....where i just say, no....oh no, no to that, meh. typical indonesian crap. and put it down.

Well the good news is that you can buy used Parker Fly Deluxes for very "cheap" relative to what they are/were new.

IE a fly deluxe loaded with:

piezo
carbon glass fretboard
stainless steel frets
carbon fiber neck and body wrapped
etc..

Is about 1000-1400 used. Which is a steal seeing as they went for a lot more new!
Want to Buy:

UV7PWH
I didn't think I'd see the day when someone would actually get a 7 string Parker!

I've wanted one for as long as I've been playing and this thing just makes that desire even stronger.

Congrats on the guitar, Lets see some video demos of it!
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab