Hi all,
Got a late 90's epi LP standard, I have already changed every part on the guitar to be a Gibson. My good friend had a Gibson LP, he was putting in a piezo and EMGs, so he sold me the electronics, bridge and tuners. I know they are burstbuckers, but I am going for a traditional Led Zep CCR kinda tone out of my LP. SO question, are there any pup sets I should look at, I'm trying to get away from the higher resistance PUPs.
Thanks all
Dwaaaam>GETCHA PULL
I'm thinking the classic Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combination may sort you out.

Although, it must be asked; what amp?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jan 10, 2014,
VOX ac15. I was just looking at duncan whole lotta humbuckers. Seems interesting to me
Dwaaaam>GETCHA PULL
Never tried them, sorry.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Dimarzio Crunchlab and Liquifire all the way if you want versatility. Do a coil split and bam, I ****ing love it.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
I'm not really looking for versatility per say. I have a dean ml dime with Bill Lawrence in it, I just want to get that old sound for my lp. Pearly gates? My buds dad has and said he loved it. I mean back to the jb/jazz I know it's common to do, so good old trusty I guess
Dwaaaam>GETCHA PULL
Check out the SD Custom 5 (SH-14) and the Custom/59 Hybrid (SH-16, I think? Not sure.).

In the neck, you really can't go wrong with a '59 (SH-1) for classic tones. It's great. The Pearly Gates and Alnico Pro II are also great too though. Just gotta find what suits your tastes.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'd go a lot lower output than a JB or even a custom 5. I'd go paf or hot paf-type pickups for that. '59 (i've only tried that in the neck), pearly gates, something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I strongly recommend the 57 in the neck, I'd even second dave on going lower output than the jb. Although i do love the jb/57 combination. The downside is, I've only tested it in an alder body, but the 57 nails classic tones like zeppelin with ease.
I wouldn't limit yourself to Duncan and Dimarzio either. I've had very good luck with IronGear pups, and I usually recommend them over the former. Also, Bareknuckle and Motor City are very nice pickups, but a bit pricier.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan