4 25%
Song 8
0 0%
Song 9
6 38%
Voters: 16.
Page 1 of 2
Hi

Another week, another set of songs awaiting for your wise appreciation.
Or you can just skip the songs, watch the video and vote on whoever has the funniest name. Or you can close the tab because you thought this thread was about cats and it failed to deliver (well... dat video...). Anyway...

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Kissful of Squalor" (Skinny91)

2 - "Lost in Your Sadness" (chev311e)

3 - "Go" (ehbacon)

4 - "Dreamscape" (nico_9550)

5 - "Relapse Of The Fever" (manualex)

6 - "Day At The Racist" (FoOltz, whywefight)

7 - "Yes" (Joshua1207)

8 - "Rough stuff FTW (week 5)" (Minicaxotinho)

9 - "Room Temperature" (sickman411)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song, from sickman411, "Do You Know Me?"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Monday, at around 4AM GMT. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
I heard you like mudkips cats.

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1629024

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The voting is over! This week's winner is sickman411 with the song "Room Temperature" with 6 votes!
(He'll be a mod on our group, until the next voting)

With 4 votes each, "Kissful of Squalor" by Skinny91, and also with 4 votes, "Yes" by Joshua1207, and finally with 2 votes, "Lost in Your Sadness" by chev311e!

Thank you all for voting (and participating)!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jan 13, 2014,
....wut

it's been a week since the last one?

i never even started writing anything
ayy lmao
I'll listen to all the tracks whenever my pc is free once again. I am happy about my track this week,even if its the most simple I've written so far
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Hey Duaneclapdrix and chookiecookie, I hope to hear your stuff next week!

And manualex, I feel the same (even though my stuff is not that good I feel like I'm improving.) Regular practice always works.
Hard to choose on this one, quite a lot of good stuff
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
WHOA how on earth is my song in the lead?! I really wasn't expecting that.

Anyway, I was divided between whyweFoOltz, Nico and Joshua. Ended up going for Joshua. I also just found out that it's apparently incredibly hard for me to type "Joshua".

Also, whywefight+FoOltz, you can make "meat" in your lyrics be "meet" instead. That way it becomes just as random but way more absurd. Like, you actually picture the scene.

^ chev311e's song reminds me of the Smashing Pumpkins actually. The chorus and the bridge.
Last edited by sickman411 at Jan 11, 2014,
Quote by sickman411

^ chev311e's song reminds me of the Smashing Pumpkins actually. The chorus and the bridge.

Wow, well I love the Pumpkins so I'll take that lol

I went with your song; that drum beat was really cool. I need to learn how to use some sort of program like that...
Quote by chev311e
Wow, well I love the Pumpkins so I'll take that lol

I went with your song; that drum beat was really cool. I need to learn how to use some sort of program like that...

Thanks! The tricky bit is being able to "visualise" the rhythm which does need a bit of practising. Though it's not as hard if you can read music.
Yep, soundcloud is borked. I've voted for Skinny's song, though it was very hard to make a choice. You've all layed down some really nice tunes.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Soundcloud seems to be working again. (You may have to refresh it once.) So let's vote people.
Quote by sickman411
Soundcloud seems to be working again. (You may have to refresh it once.) So let's vote people.

yeah last week we had 29 and we only have 10 so far this week ;_;

we had 9 submissions too so that means theoretically only 1 person who didn't submit has voted.
^It's even worse: you forgot either whywefight or FoOltz!

;_; ;_; ;_;
;_; ;_; ;_;
;_; ;_; ;_;
Quote by Masquirina
I voted for the breakdancing cat and another one.

Breakdancing cat died on impact with the camera.

Sad day for cats that was, he was the best breakdancing cat
Kissful of Squalor was the best for me. 12 votes so far.
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Last edited by manualex at Jan 11, 2014,
Voted for Kissful, but it was really tight this week, maybe we're getting better
Quote by captainsnazz
I'm considering joining for next week, but 2 minutes is too long for me cos I'm more about sound design and detail than anything else.

sickman's is gr9 btw

I think nico's is 1:44. I think the rule is more of it has to have an actual structure, it can't just be a chord progression repeated a couple times.
Quote by captainsnazz
sickman's is gr9 btw

thanx m9

Actually the 2 minute thing was never really a thing. Primusfan's song that won in week 1 had less than 2:00.
Page 1 of 2