Hi I'm looking for a distortion/overdrive pedal for better thrash metal sound(metallica, pantera, megadeth). I currently have a line 6 spider valve 112 and I'm wonder if I should buy a metal muff( or something similar) or buy a ibanez tube screamer and put the tube screamer on my already distorted channel on my amp for more bite in the sound.

Thanks
If you have a modeling amp that doesn't suit your needs you probably need a new amp. Modelers generally don't like dirt pedals anyway.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
If you have a modeling amp that doesn't suit your needs you probably need a new amp. Modelers generally don't like dirt pedals anyway.

+1 Listen to this guy.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by Blackfire.
+1 Listen to this guy.

+1 listen to this guy too
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ Agreed with all of them. To elaborate more, the SV is a hybrid with a tube poweramp - a Tubescreamer won't work on it like it will on an all tube amp, because the SV doesn't have a tube preamp that can be pushed. It'll just take the TS signal and convert it to a digital signal. It'll most likely sound worse because of the high output you'll be feeding it.

In any case, you shouldn't have any trouble at all getting those tones on your amp. It breathes that scooped high gain tone. Keep working at it. There are tons of sounds to be found in that amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
if you are having a problem with tone, and aren't where you would like to be, i would imagine that there is a forum or site that would have shared settings at least to get you in the ballpark
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
When i was young and broke and ask the same question, I hated it when the guys with a bit of money in their pockets would come and just say "just get a better amp with good distortion". While that is totally true, I did find a pedal and for years I was very happy with. However, good luck on finding the best metal pedal ever made, which was the Zoom Tri Metal. I do hear good things about the Metal Muff though.