Hey guys

I'm looking to buy a new guitar, i'm looking at either a Gibson Les Paul Studio or a BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X, i currently don't have a guitar that is up to gigging standard so that's a big thing is that i can play it live and have no problems, i know i could take the LP to a gig because i've heard them live and they're a killer but i'm really into the BC just not sure if it's giggable? what's your experiences with these guitars? what would you get?

Cheers
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
Quote by CJGunner7
Hey guys

I'm looking to buy a new guitar, i'm looking at either a Gibson Les Paul Studio or a BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X, i currently don't have a guitar that is up to gigging standard so that's a big thing is that i can play it live and have no problems, i know i could take the LP to a gig because i've heard them live and they're a killer but i'm really into the BC just not sure if it's giggable? what's your experiences with these guitars? what would you get?

Cheers

The BC Rich is way giggable. That's the one I would choose but I may be a little bit biased...
[..BLACKFIRE..]
The deciding factor between these two is the floyd. Will you play more than one tuning during a gig? Then get the gibson. Will you absolutely need a tremolo? Get the mocking bird, but forget about changing tunings mid-gig. Ideally get both
I'm not sure what designates a guitar as "giggable" or "up to gigging standard."

I usually just haul whatever's appropriate, functional and sounds good. That includes a pair of Agile LP style guitars for which I paid under $200 each.

What you might want to consider, if you're going to use any guitar professionally, is whether you have an appropriate backup in case something goes wrong (and it will, count on it).
Quote by dspellman
I'm not sure what designates a guitar as "giggable" or "up to gigging standard."

I usually just haul whatever's appropriate, functional and sounds good. That includes a pair of Agile LP style guitars for which I paid under $200 each.

What you might want to consider, if you're going to use any guitar professionally, is whether you have an appropriate backup in case something goes wrong (and it will, count on it).

Yeah, i also don't get this term. Does the guitar stay in tune? Does it sound good? My main bass in my last band was a rock solid $200 Dean that I still love and play regularly. You don't have to spend $1000 on a guitar for it to be "giggable"
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I would vote against the floyd rose as far as durability and maintenance - unless you think you can afford to retune after each song (of course depending how much you use the trem), which I shure as shootin' can't. I would go with LP's because they're super dependable, and I personally think they look nicer and are more versatile than any BC Rich in the world. That being said, these two guitars are totally different in their typical music styles, keep that in mind when you slap down some bones for a guitar. Whichever one you feel the most comfortable with, plays better to you, and looks nicer to you is the one you should get. Price is important too, but you deserve to treat yourself, how often do you buy a guitar?

^ Basses don't need to be top of the line, as they're usually dropped right out of the mix anyways. Also, the standards for guitars and basses are miles apart, as someone who plays both. To find a comfortable guitar with nice pickups that stays in tune, you'd be hard pressed to find one under $800, and it still wouldn't crack high quality then
Israel is a terrorist state.
An original Floyd shouldn't go out of tune that easily. I have a cheap Korean Floyd that stays in tune quite well after some EVH divebombs . So an original should have no problem. The biggest factor to me would be the active EMGs. Would you need them? Personally, I'd get the BC Rich and swap the pickups for DiMarzio PAF's (bridge) and SD Alnico 2 pro(neck).
Last edited by darrenram1 at Jan 11, 2014,
Quote by dspellman

Quote by dspellman
I usually just haul whatever's appropriate, functional and sounds good.

You pretty much answered the OP's term of what giggable was.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
I got 13... ranging from a Squire tele that I bought from my 18 year old nephew for 75 bucks because he needed gas money to a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro... They're all giggable, although in my opinion, nothing beats the sound of a Gibson LP...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Hey everyone!

I was thinking about to change my guitar to a new one, my current electric is an SX Seg-1 STD and i really don't like it...

I don't want any tremolo on my guitar, i don't use it, so its better if i dont have it.

I need wonderful cleans, and my guitar must be well distortable, because i can have 1 guitar for all kind of music. I was looking the forums and the shops and i found the following guitars:

Mockingbird Masterpiece,
Mockingbird Archtop (i have found nothing from this here)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Epiphone Les Paul custom pro
Cort M600 (non tremolo version)

So what do you think (i also accept other suggestions).

And as i mentioned above i need a guitar which:
-Have really good clean sounds.
-Have Humbucker (neck and bridge)
-Action is low and no buzzing
-Well playable and has at least 22 frets
-Jumbo or medium jumbo frets

Thank you for your help in advance.
Quote by JD Close
I would vote against the floyd rose as far as durability and maintenance - ...blah blah blah...
To find a comfortable guitar with nice pickups that stays in tune, you'd be hard pressed to find one under $800, and it still wouldn't crack high quality then

SO much wrong here. Just...No.
Last edited by dspellman at Jan 12, 2014,
Quote by dspellman
SO much wrong here. Just...No.

he's not having a good day on other threads either. he does rock an MG though lol. guess that is opinion though and many think the same way. personally I have managed t find a few guitars that were under $800 that are really good and that I would play proudly in front of a sold out 100,000 seat gig.