Hello guys!

I want to build some practise 0,5W-1W Hybrid Tube Amplifier, with Tube Pre-amp and chip/transistor poweramp.

I have build some transistor amps and pedals, and now want to try with tube.

I want to use 12au7 tube, on voltage around 24+ V.

I found some interesting schematics:
TDA2030a + TUBE
Has anyone tried this amp? Can i overdrive 12au7 on this schematic?

Also i found this one:
12au7 + lm386

Have anyone tried those amps? Maybe you can share some other cool projects!
The following is all based on what I've experienced.

Starved-plate designs (using low voltage to power tubes) doesn't let the tube mojo come through. They basically sound and act the same as jfets and mosfets at the same voltage.

Power amp chips don't really sound great with guitars. Especially the TDA2030. I'm not a fan of 386's either.

Having a tube preamp and solid state power amp doesn't give much tube mojo either. Most of tie great tube overdrive and distortion sounds come from power tube saturation. Hybrid amps with ss power amps are, imho, marketing b.s.

That's my $0.02 anyway. Surely there will be dissenting opinions from some people.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Jan 11, 2014,
Quote by Invader Jim
The following is all based on what I've experienced.

Starved-plate designs (using low voltage to power tubes) doesn't let the tube mojo come through. They basically sound and act the same as jfets and mosfets at the same voltage.

Power amp chips don't really sound great with guitars. Especially the TDA2030. I'm not a fan of 386's either.

Having a tube preamp and solid state power amp doesn't give much tube mojo either. Most of tie great tube overdrive and distortion sounds come from power tube saturation. Hybrid amps with ss power amps are, imho, marketing b.s.

That's my $0.02 anyway. Surely there will be dissenting opinions from some people.

I want to build one, not to buy Maybe you can give me links on some of your builds?
I know you are wanting to build one, I was just telling you my experiences so you could decide if it was worth the effort to stay hybrid or just go all-tube.

I've not posted any of my hybrid/starved-plate builds (I only built like two and I never even kept them around long). I can show you this, though:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Invader+Jim/blog/130322/

Lots and lots of planning, work, disassembly, more planning, more work, blood, sweat, tears, and cursing went into that little dude.
Quote by Invader Jim
I know you are wanting to build one, I was just telling you my experiences so you could decide if it was worth the effort to stay hybrid or just go all-tube.

I've not posted any of my hybrid/starved-plate builds (I only built like two and I never even kept them around long). I can show you this, though:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Invader+Jim/blog/130322/

Lots and lots of planning, work, disassembly, more planning, more work, blood, sweat, tears, and cursing went into that little dude.

Well, thanks for information