Hi, I just purchased a Marshall AVT 100, 1x12 with three channels and onboard FX. I'm not sure if the effects are working because the amp did not come with a footswitch. Do I need a footswitch to enable the effects? Sorry, this may be an obvious question. Thanks!
I don't think you have to have the footswitch to use the FX

Plug it in and find out
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I don't think you have to have the footswitch to use the FX

Plug it in and find out

I have plugged it in and no FX. I'm not familiar with Marshall amps so I'm hoping I just need a footswitch to turn them on. Thanks
Last edited by santo55 at Jan 11, 2014,
Have you tried dialing any of the knobs that control the effects?

I had that amp a long time ago, and IIRC they could be used without a footswitch, you just couldn't control them.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I looked at the manual, it should work without a foot switch. are you turning the DFX level up?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have done that. I saw on another model that you just had to turn the mix knob up and the effect would come on but that's not working either, I turned them all the way up. I may be out of luck here. I went ahead and bought a footswitch specific to this model so I will have to wait until it arrives to know for sure. I will post if it works or not! Thanks
Quote by santo55
I have done that. I saw on another model that you just had to turn the mix knob up and the effect would come on but that's not working either, I turned them all the way up. I may be out of luck here. I went ahead and bought a footswitch specific to this model so I will have to wait until it arrives to know for sure. I will post if it works or not! Thanks

Even if the FX don't work, you can change channels with it. The FX on the amp were not that great anyway
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, just tried it again, turned all the FX control to max and changed every program and nothing. Looks like no FX for me. I hear there not that great anyway but a little reverb would have been nice. Thanks for helping me out.
Yes, so I have heard or in my case read. All three channels work great. Thanks again