Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit. I'm currently in the situation, having moved away to uni, where I don't have access to car, and none of my student friends do either. I'm trying to get a band together and am struggling to see how I'm going to be able to transport shit to and from rehearsals and gigs.

What do you guys who are in my situation do? Have you compensated by getting a portable amp (possibly not the best for gigging) - if so, which? Using a POD / DIing instead? Getting taxis everywhere?

I really can't see myself getting on the bus with a 100 watt JCM 900 and a guitar...
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
If your intentions are to be serious about practising with the band, you can have your main equipment at your rehearsal place and get something smaller to practice at home. Or if the rehearsal place is nearby, you can practice there.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
get a band member who can drive.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Find somewhere to rehearse that rents amps etc. Or just take your stuff on a train/bus whatever. I did it for a few years, it builds character
Work -> acquire moneys -> buy car
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Tell your bandmates to come and practice at your place
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
Unicycle
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
i miss people staring at me as i drag a 2x12 combo on the bus
Look in the paper for a cheep junker car. Something in the $500-$1000? Other than that, I feel your pain. Try being a keyboardist and dragging stands, boards, amps, etc around without a car.
Gear:
Roland AX-09 Lucina Keytar
Yamaha PSR-E413 Keyboard

Roland CM-30 & KC-350 amps
Quote by sasvnightingale
Look in the paper for a cheep junker car. Something in the $500-$1000? Other than that, I feel your pain. Try being a keyboardist and dragging stands, boards, amps, etc around without a car.

It's more than just getting a cheap car in Britain though. Insurance is super expensive.
quit band -> be serious about your life -> no money needed

unless you need to buy blowjobs or beer of course
pinga
Quote by Mr E Meat
i miss people staring at me as i drag a 2x12 combo on the bus

This you can do it TS!
Yeah car insurance is a bitch here in Britain, at 21 it would set be back 2k/year+ to insure a 500 quid banger
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
i put one foot in front of the other and then put the other foot in front of that and then repeat
The Ramones used to carry their guitars in paper/plastic bags throughout the NYC subways
Quote by Miracle_Man
Yeah car insurance is a bitch here in Britain, at 21 it would set be back 2k/year+ to insure a 500 quid banger

Does your entire country suck at driving or is it mandatory that you have x ammount of coverage? I thought where I am was rape.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Im in 2 bands and I havent had a car since my old one died, I basically rely on bandmates/family and give em gas money. It does suck though
Here in Japan they have special vacuum tubes for people carrying musical instruments. It costs about 3000 yen a month to register, but then whenever you have practice you just walk up to the tube, scan your guitar and zoom away!
Listen. I'm sorry.
I use public transport.
I only really ever take my guitar and a few pedals with me to practice, so it's not exactly much to carry. The only time I bother to take my amp is when I have a gig, simply because I'm too lazy to carry it any other time.

Just find a practice room that provides good equipment. I don't think I've ever been somewhere that doesn't rent equipment, even if some places do give you shitty stuff.
The place where I go to gives me a decent quality amp for £1 for however long I'm there which really isn't much, especially when it's saving the time and effort of carrying my own amp there.

A few years ago I used to just carry around a Line-6 Pod GX and my laptop and plugged it into the P.A there. Partially because it was cheap since we hired the P.A anyway, partially because (again) I'm lazy and a laptop + pod aren't hard to carry around and also it let me record the entire practice so I could listen back to my playing later to really hear how well I was doing.

I also bought one of those suitcases with a handle and wheels big enough for my amp to fit in. It makes carrying the thing around 10x easier when all I have to do is pull it. You can also find them pretty cheap if you shop around a bit.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Horse.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by So-Cal
i put one foot in front of the other and then put the other foot in front of that and then repeat

THIS.

Play acoustic - no amp, no problem.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
homeless rickshaw service
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I usually ride in my private jet.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
John Frusciante can't even drive. Look where he is...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

ask your bandmate to drive you, rent a car, make money and buy a car, or just take a bus or ride a bike...
I do this weird thing called 'walking.'

If you have a bunch of shit, ask a bandmate to help transport your shit.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
My BMW

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I wank until my sperm flies to where I want to go, and then I use a surfboard to ride it to my destination
Buy one of those 'lunchbox' amps (Orange Tiny Terror, Fender Blues Junior) and mic it up if necessary. I was playing a gig last week and saw a guy using a Vox AC4 mic'd up and it sounded pretty good.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Page 1 of 2