I have an LTD EC-1000vb and I'm wondering how I should go about cleaning it (cleaning the body and back of the neck and cleaning/conditioning the fretboard). Note that it has a sort of matte black finish and an ebony fretboard. I have a some Peavey Axe Wax and some Dunlop Fingerboard Deep Conditioner kicking around and I'm wondering if they're safe to use on my guitar.

I'm hesitant to use something labelled as "polish" on a matte finish since I don't want it to be glossy or sticky, especially not on the back of the neck (I like being able to have my thumb slide nice and easy-like up and down it).

The fretboard conditioner only notes that it is "not for use with a maple fingerboard" and there are no special indications on the Axe Wax.
For a Matte finish, I'd use a slightly damp micro fiber cloth just to get any smudges off of it... a little windex on the maple fret board...

I wouldn't use the polish on a matte finish either...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
So you did... then wipe the fretboard down with the damp cloth... I wouldn't use the fretboard conditioner with the strings on it...

if your changing strings, then deep clean and condition the fretboard...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
never use windex on guitars.

if you have dunlop fretboard conditioner or similar,
use it in small amounts a couple times a year.

or a rag and rubbing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I just use water and a microfiber cloth to wipe everything down, then finish up with a dunlop guitar polish. For the fretboard I wipe with water and condition with mineral oil. Check out my album and what i was able to do with just 3 solutions

http://imgur.com/a/XqBiF#0

Also, do NOT use anything abrasive on the finish. It will scratch (as you can see from my head)
Last edited by llmercll at Jan 12, 2014,