I'm playing Jordan by Buckethead, and I'm to the point between the chorus (If you can call it a chorus if it has no words :p ) and the solo. http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/buckethead-jordan-tab-s16215t0 The tab is here on songsterr, and it's bars 28-29.

I'm really having trouble getting it up to speed. I know it's a very hard song, but I feel like I aren't improving at all at this part. I can only seem to get to 62 bpm and then very very slowly progress. I think I'm picking it wrong though. I'm up-picking every new note on each group of 3 notes and down-picking the rest, and I seem to be hitting the up-picked string quite clumsily and sometimes hitting it twice accidentally.

Can someone tell me how they'd pick it and I'll see if I make any improvement?
That tab isn't accurate, that part is tapped. I'd suggest watching some covers on youtube to figure out how it's done.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That tab isn't accurate, that part is tapped. I'd suggest watching some covers on youtube to figure out how it's done.

Ah cheers, I don't usually trust tab and do it myself, but I was kind of lazy this time around :p
They it's tabbed implies a hybrid picked. However, I do believe you could just hammer it all.
Zaphod is probably right with it being tapped, I don't see how it would be though o.O

Good luck by the way, that's one of the very few songs that actually intimidate me
Quote by tappooh
That lick isnt tapped, he uses hybrid picking. You hit the first note with the pick and the other two with middle and ring fingers.

Fair enough, I'm prepared to believe that as well; Buckethead has so much material it's almost impossible to be familiar with it all I just looked up a bunch of covers and tapping seems to be the weapon of choice for most people
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by tappooh
If you watch the live videos you will see it is hybrid picked.

I think I'll try both hybrid and entirely legato with the left hand because I'm lacking in those areas

I don't think tapping is a good idea because the notes are in such close proximity that I feel it'd be cleaner to hammer on with the left hand and mute the strings with the right (If I'm doing it legato)