How does it fare for metal and clean sounds? I am looking for bands like Metallica,Iron maiden, BFMV, Avenged 7x, Dream Theater, and occasionally some Green Day too.

I will be playing it through a Peavey Vypyr 30.

I will buy the non floyd one.

My budget is roughly 550$ for a new guitar so if you know something better let me know.
Last edited by Ayushyadav at Jan 12, 2014,
Quote by Ayushyadav
How does it fare for metal and clean sounds? I am looking for bands like Metallica,Iron maiden, BFMV, Avenged 7x, Dream Theater, and occasionally some Green Day too.

I will be playing it through a Peavey Vypyr 30.

I will buy the non floyd one.

My budget is roughly 550$ for a new guitar so if you know something better let me know.

I bought it just recently. As far as quality goes, it is amazing for it's price (Approx. 320 Dollars). It has a finish and features which you won't get in other guitars for the same price range. Believe me, I researched a lot before buying mine. The feel is amazing too.

Perfect for Metal. Pickups give a good strong signal. The coil split also makes it versatile.
Great sustain and stellar cleans.

The neck is a little chunky. I find the neck comfortable but it might not be the case with you.

Looking at your budget, I'm sure you'll find much better models though. If you want to stick to Schecter, a used Hellraiser C-1 is your best bet. Or go Ibanez.

Good Luck
He's probably located outside the USA where Schecters can get really expensive.

Buying a used Hellraiser is a great option. I just bought a used Hellraiser C-7 for 600 euros and i'm loving it.

Good luck.