Hey! I need some help, I'm searching for a cheap multi fx (where I live they're pretty expensive). I'm not interested in USB or that kind of things, neither in distortion, 'cause I got my EHX Big Muff.

I mostly play post rock and shoegaze, so delay and reverb are the most important things, I searched and I found these 4

-KORG AX5G
-ZOOM G1X
-DIGITECH RP90
-VOX 2G SL2G

I know I have to test them in order to get a complete idea, but in your opinion which one sounds the best (without considering distortion)?

Thanks!
None of the above.

What other gear do you have? What is your budget? Location?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I got a Squier VM Jaguar, a Laney20R and the Big Muff. The budget may be like $140, but here in Chile instruments and supplies cost twice the normal.

PS: When I play live I use a Marshall MG FX 50.
Last edited by yerkosauriorex at Jan 12, 2014,
I don't know about the G1X, but Zoom is pretty decent for the money. Their Multi-Stomp series look pretty neat, with a lot more focus on effects from what I can tell. The Zoom MS-50G is about $110 here, and the MS-70CDR is $129 and a dedicated Chorus/Reverb/Delay pedal. You can have up to 6 effects going at the same time, too.

The Line 6 M5 is pretty good too, and costs $140 here. It has tap tempo, and effects from the Line 6 DL4, MM4, DM4, FM4, Verbzilla, and so on. The DL4 and Verbzilla are great delay/reverb units. It might be discontinued though, since some sites don't have it available.
Quote by maXterbat0r
I don't know about the G1X, but Zoom is pretty decent for the money. Their Multi-Stomp series look pretty neat, with a lot more focus on effects from what I can tell. The Zoom MS-50G is about $110 here, and the MS-70CDR is $129 and a dedicated Chorus/Reverb/Delay pedal. You can have up to 6 effects going at the same time, too.

The Line 6 M5 is pretty good too, and costs $140 here. It has tap tempo, and effects from the Line 6 DL4, MM4, DM4, FM4, Verbzilla, and so on. The DL4 and Verbzilla are great delay/reverb units. It might be discontinued though, since some sites don't have it available.

This pretty much sums it up. Zoom's G series is only good from the G3 upwards though, the G1 & 2 are a hangover from their shitty pedals of the past. The MultiStomp is supposedly pretty good though.

Seriously though TS, the best thing you could do is to stop using that MG when you play live.

Given that you play live and you're looking for effects, the best thing would be for you to get a decent modelling amp. I normally prefer the Vox VT range, but as you're playing live I'm going to recommend you beg, steal or borrow enough money for a Peavey Vypyr Tube.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Money, folks, money... If you say that some amp or pedal is $140 here it's $280...

But, I could get the Zoom MS-50G since it's like $130, Line 6 M5 runs far away from my budget, it's $240...

So, you are saying Zoom MS-50G it's good for the money? It doesn't have a expression pedal, but it's way smaller.
Quote by yerkosauriorex
Money, folks, money... If you say that some amp or pedal is $140 here it's $280...

But, I could get the Zoom MS-50G since it's like $130, Line 6 M5 runs far away from my budget, it's $240...

So, you are saying Zoom MS-50G it's good for the money? It doesn't have a expression pedal, but it's way smaller.

It's better than the G1X. I know quite a few people have one on their pedalboard for the stuff they don't use very often, but I chose to go with the G3 for useability purposes.

Seriously though, you shouldn't be playing live with that amp. MGs are acceptable as practice amps for learners, however in a live situation your audience will hate you for making them listen to such a poor amp.

I know you say things are more expensive there, but that just means you have to save for longer. Look at it this way:
Option A) You save all your money & spend it on something that is no better than what you already have that you will inevitably end up regretting and getting rid of in favour of the better quality but more expensive option, thereby spending twice as much money in the long run as you could have done.
Option B) You save a bit harder for a bit longer and buy quality equipment that will last you a lifetime.

The choice is yours.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I know, thanks for the advice, however for what I've heard they like the sound, but that's another topic.

As far as the pedal goes, I'm gonna test the MS-50G since I need something for the next days, and it has this stompbox feel I like. Then, maybe I'm gonna save for a longer term and buy the G3.

Thank you two very much, I'll let you know if something goes on.
Sorry, I kind of assumed when you said $140 that you meant that you had money to spend on a $140 pedal, and the extra money it would cost down in Chile. Oops.

The Zoom MS-50G should be quite good for your needs. I've never played it, but the interface seems like it would be easy to learn
I've tried the zoom single pedal multifx and it was surprisingly easy to use, very cool pedal just cause it does so much for so little. It doesn't sound as good as the line 6 m5 but that's just my ears.

Having said that, I would think the G3 could be had, used, near enough to your budget that it'd be worth saving for a couple more weeks. The G3 is amazing bang for a lil budget and Gary may agree with me in that its pretty well made so I'd have confidence that a used unit will work fine for years. The single stomp multifx has the same fx as the G3 but the G3 has a looper and a drum beat metronome that works excellent for practice. I'd guess they run <$100 used. Same with the M5 but it doesn't have all the features and probably a lil tougher to find used.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
So if the G3 is the same... I'm gonna just stay with the MS 50G, 'cause I'm planning to buy a real looper unit.
Its actually a good no frills looper. You may wanna replace your amp first though, loopers are expensive.

Good luck and happy hunting
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I have the G3, G5, and the MS50G. The MS50G is a great deal for all you get in a single Boss sized pedal.
Have you a/b'd your big muff with the "great muff"? Its surprisingly close. HNPD!
Guys, i know this is not the subject here, but my digitech RP 90 is in start loop. When i power it, the display shows RP, then 90, then the preset number flashes and returns to show RP and 90 and doesn´t start the program. Anyone with the same problem? Tried to reset but didn´t worked at all.

Thx