as the title goes i am looking into bias probes. i don't want to build one i do know they are easy i want to make sure everything is proper with something of quality and accuracy.

i am thinking the bias rite (https://taweber.powweb.com/biasrite/br_page.htm) i may or may go with the four or two, not totally sure.

are there any other good things to consider instead?

don't want to spend over $150
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Didn't you make one of mine?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Weber is nice enough. No reason to spend more unless Aiken rereleases the Wombat soon.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well, we'd all love a Wombat. I haven't seen one but I have read about them. Displaying current voltage AND power on its own display - genius! You got any links?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Didn't you make one of mine?

no i considered it but there was a different terms now. i have a friend who said he would throw me $50 for biasing two amps. BUT he doesn't trust a home made unit. so $50 in parts, or throw a little more and get a digital readout and get the $50 from my friend, i am going to do this

i really hope that this doesn't offend you cath. i have the utmost trust and respect toward you.

its a quad 8 pin for $135, and every where i read has said good things. so i think i am going to do that, unless i am missing something.

________

i have another thing that i would appreciate figuring out building a footswitch. its a trace elliot speed twin C50, dual TRS plugs for four functions. i have the amp at the other house and i will snap a pic of it. i am going to try to draw it up, but if you wouldn't mind looking it over i would appreciate it. it may be a few weeks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by mmolteratx
The Weber is nice enough. No reason to spend more unless Aiken rereleases the Wombat soon.

i like hearing this from you too. would you go two probe or four?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
No skin off my nose, man.

It is nice to be able to quickly jump from tube to tube with a multi but it isn't really a lot more work to check them individually because either way it's the same amount of unplugging and plugging. One probe four times or four probes once? Same difference.

What he needs is a Randall. Oh no - then he wouldn't need you! $50 lost.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
No skin off my nose, man.

It is nice to be able to quickly jump from tube to tube with a multi but it isn't really a lot more work to check them individually because either way it's the same amount of unplugging and plugging. One probe four times or four probes once? Same difference.

What he needs is a Randall. Oh no - then he wouldn't need you! $50 lost.

i am going to just bite the bullet. and do it. go for the four, knock it down in one stroke.

i almost got into the Randall mods like five or six years ago, but i went with somthing else.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
The 4 is nice, for you I think it makes sense. You can check the bias on your amps quicker than 1 tube at a time.

For someone without as many amps it doesn't really make sense.

You can quickly look at all 4 tubes and then adjust the bias based on the average of all 4.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
The 4 is nice, for you I think it makes sense. You can check the bias on your amps quicker than 1 tube at a time.

For someone without as many amps it doesn't really make sense.

You can quickly look at all 4 tubes and then adjust the bias based on the average of all 4.

yea i have at least 7-8 quad power tube amps so that will probably save some time.

i literally have four heads stacked because the power tubes blew, and i am not using them because of other amps i am satisfied.

the Sovtek MIG will get the first set.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
yea i have at least 7-8 quad power tube amps so that will probably save some time.

i literally have four heads stacked because the power tubes blew, and i am not using them because of other amps i am satisfied.

the Sovtek MIG will get the first set.

Yeah- not only will the tool last you some time it's much quicker to check the average bias. You can sweep through all 4 much faster, adjust and then recheck all again.

I thought you had more amps than that. Or is that how many you have at one house? I pictured a few rooms full of maps and guitars.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Yeah- not only will the tool last you some time it's much quicker to check the average bias. You can sweep through all 4 much faster, adjust and then recheck all again.

I thought you had more amps than that. Or is that how many you have at one house? I pictured a few rooms full of maps and guitars.

i have the 4 in tampa they are more volume friendly. thats the 18 watter sovtek dual terror and a vinatge ampeg. ampeg lee jackson (needs work haven't gotten around to it ). JTM45 vlone. trace elliot speed twin c50, musicman 130HD (w/tube PI) 2x12" combo

at the other (near lake lake okeechobee) i have the splawn nitro, splawn promod, MKIV, Trem-o-Verb, Randall Century 100 1968 AB165 bassman

thats off the top of my head i am sure i have a few more. they get moved around a lot.

about four aren't up and running, mainly due to i ran out of that tube and i robbed it for a head that is more important.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!