Hey!
I just recorded the solo of Beast and tha Harlot using my new audio interface, the Roland Quad Capture and Pod farm!

https://soundcloud.com/ludovico-cuoghi/beast-and-the-harlot-solo-w

I'm recording the whole song but I have to record some rhythm and stuff so, as I have already recorded the solo, I cut it and I render it!
All the guitars you hear, the chorus before the solo too, is me.
I used a Schecter Synyster Custom to record it and a shitty cable, I have to get a better one, to connect the guitar to the Roland!
Tell me your thoughts!
Last edited by Ludo950 at Jan 13, 2014,
That was sweet bro! Nice tone and playing. The part at 0:32-0:38 was really crisp and the notes were well defined to my ear. I hadn't heard this solo before, but I enjoyed listening to your interpretation of it. Good job!
Quote by MaverickTR
That was sweet bro! Nice tone and playing. The part at 0:32-0:38 was really crisp and the notes were well defined to my ear. I hadn't heard this solo before, but I enjoyed listening to your interpretation of it. Good job!

Thanks mate! That run at 0.32 is formed by fast triplets and first it was quite difficult to play it not sloppy

Wow, that's some great playing, I love when people have their pick hand perfectly synced with their fret hand... makes for some nice clean runs.
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore
Quote by ncook71
Wow, that's some great playing, I love when people have their pick hand perfectly synced with their fret hand... makes for some nice clean runs.

Thanks dude, I'm glad to hear that!
I learned to play self-taught and it was very difficult first... but, you know, practice with perseverance and having fun is very important....!

Quote by Ludo950
Thanks dude, I'm glad to hear that!
I learned to play self-taught and it was very difficult first... but, you know, practice with perseverance and having fun is very important....!

Yeah, same here. When I learned how to play in the 80's, we didn't have any tab you could imagine right at our fingertips. We also didn't have programs like SlowGold to slow music down without losing pitch... we didn't have anything! It was all on cassette, rewind and listen, rewind and listen, etc., etc. I can only imagine how much better I would have been sooner if the internet was around back then. Kids today don't realize how good they have it in that regard.
Quote by ncook71
Yeah, same here. When I learned how to play in the 80's, we didn't have any tab you could imagine right at our fingertips. We also didn't have programs like SlowGold to slow music down without losing pitch... we didn't have anything! It was all on cassette, rewind and listen, rewind and listen, etc., etc. I can only imagine how much better I would have been sooner if the internet was around back then. Kids today don't realize how good they have it in that regard.

I understand, it must have been difficult to study techniques and song without tabs, videos etc...!
I used tabs time ago when I started but now I prefer to tab songs using my ear!
Maybe for some solos' parts I still use tabs to figure out how to play some fast parts

Yes, I'm 18 and I'm not that old either very young but I see that so much kids around here have 2000$ gear, 3-4 lessons at week etc... and they don't realize how lucky they are... In 80s it must have been very difficult to master guitar ( But at least, there wasn't the spread of this modern shit music who sees as important only appearance or these shitty electronic "fake" music( In my opinion at least)...)!
I recently got my Schecter Synyster Custom for 600€ (800 bucks... new costs around 1200&euro used from a friend who had bought it one months before selling it to me and in fact it looks new.. I have been very lucky!
I have bought it as a reward after learning some technique and 'cause I reach some goals that I promise myself I would have reach...!
Keep it going man, guitar is a beautiful instrument!!
Last edited by Ludo950 at Jan 14, 2014,
Quote by Ludo950
I understand, it must have been difficult to study techniques and song without tabs, videos etc...!
I used tabs time ago when I started but now I prefer to tab songs using my ear!
Maybe for some solos' parts I still use tabs to figure out how to play some fast parts

Yes, I'm 18 and I'm not that old either very young but I see that so much kids around here have 2000$ gear, 3-4 lessons at week etc... and they don't realize how lucky they are... In 80s it must have been very difficult to master guitar ( But at least, there wasn't the spread of this modern shit music who sees as important only appearance or these shitty electronic "fake" music( In my opinion at least)...)!
I recently got my Schecter Synyster Custom for 600€ (800 bucks... new costs around 1200&euro used from a friend who had bought it one months before selling it to me and in fact it looks new.. I have been very lucky!
I have bought it as a reward after learning some technique and 'cause I reach some goals that I promise myself I would have reach...!
Keep it going man, guitar is a beautiful instrument!!

Right on brother, keep on rockin'
Was pretty good. You have a really nice tone, but i feel your mixing masked a lot of your mistakes. It was a nice cover regardless, but i feel next time you should accompany the audio with a video and make your guitar track louder.
Quote by vayne92
Was pretty good. You have a really nice tone, but i feel your mixing masked a lot of your mistakes. It was a nice cover regardless, but i feel next time you should accompany the audio with a video and make your guitar track louder.

Uhm I noticed it too that the track has a low volume and personally I don't understand why(maybe the input of my guitar in Reaper is too low? the output is at max volume).
I'll turn up the volume the next time I'll do a cover, thanks for the advice! ( In my others covers I didn't use Reaper and the Audio Interface but I used Audacity and only a cable to connect my guitar into my macbook... so this one of this solo was my first attempt with audio interface/DAW )
Last edited by Ludo950 at Jan 15, 2014,
Thanks for your crit on my cover!

From what i can hear you're very familiar with the track but I think the tempo is a bit challenging for you to play cleanly.

I'd recommend playing it slower with a metronome and gradually increase the tempo. Your technique and understanding is all there, but its a bit sloppy. The metronome will make your coordination a lot tighter. Keep it up!