Great playing and lead over that riffage. Needs a lot though, in terms of production. Really missing the bass, and the drums don't sound very real. Not a big fan of mids in metal. You can obviously play though...it will sound bad ass I'll bet when you're done.

C4C? Gods and Fathers
Last edited by Voda La Void at Jan 14, 2014,
Quote by pcp gorilla
Great melody! Composed well.

But, overall the track sounds very digital and thin.

Yeah, my mix needs work. Even if it was just a demo.

Probably need to add a bass guitar track.
Quote by Voda La Void
Great playing and lead over that riffage. Needs a lot though, in terms of production. Really missing the bass, and the drums don't sound very real. Not a big fan of mids in metal. You can obviously play though...it will sound bad ass I'll bet when you're done.

C4C? Gods and Fathers

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, drums need work, i didn't add the bass in, etc. It was just a demo, but i felt like it needed more. I still like the way composition wise it turned out.

BTW, i used a guitar vst called Shreddage 2 (Impact Soundworks). I cannot play guitar that well, i'm much better as a producer/composer. Sorry to burst the bubble. I love metal, I just can't play it.
Rad man, I like the composition too. A lot of metal gets too long and sort of drops my interest but this was a good length. It kept me into it. I definitely agere that the drums are sounding way too digital. I know that kick sound is sort of a metal thing but it doesn't sound close to an actual kick. I would try to bring it back to roots a bit and try for more of an acoustic kick sound. Definitely some cool musicality though, keep it up.

Here's my soundcloud if you want to check it out. https://soundcloud.com/britton-lohse
Quote by britlohse
Rad man, I like the composition too. A lot of metal gets too long and sort of drops my interest but this was a good length. It kept me into it. I definitely agere that the drums are sounding way too digital. I know that kick sound is sort of a metal thing but it doesn't sound close to an actual kick. I would try to bring it back to roots a bit and try for more of an acoustic kick sound. Definitely some cool musicality though, keep it up.

Here's my soundcloud if you want to check it out. https://soundcloud.com/britton-lohse

Thanks man. The kick does need work, I'll be looking through my samples to find a better one. Plus, I just followed your soundcloud!