Hello bros! I need to find a new guitar for me, because I'm giving the one i have right now to my brother hehehe

I'm a kinda advanced guitarrist, but I've never bought a guitar choosing it myself, because a lot of people help me buy my last one xD

I have around 730$-600€ to use, so feel free to give me some sugestions.

I'm a guitarrist in my rock band, and we usually do metal and punk stuff too, so we like to add a great variety of things on our guitar, like legatos,etc.

Thank you very much in advance.
Please help us help you by answering as many of these questions here as you can, as detailed as you can:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28571615&postcount=1

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hey thanks for the requests
I'm going to submit the form that last post suggested to me

Budget? - Around 560 it'd be ideal. My limit is 600€

Favorite Artists? - Are there any guitarists whose tone that you'd like to get close to? I like ONE OK ROCK, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, My Last Story, Muse... My favourite guitarrists are Toru Yamashita and Lee Jonghyun.

Preferences? - What body shapes, neck profiles, brands, and number of frets do you like/want? I prefer it to look like a normal electric guitar, kinda lika a strat, even a LP style would be ok. But I don't like the ligthning shape like some jackson guitars have.

Pickups? - Do you want actives, passives, humbuckers, single coils? What configuration are you looking for? I'm not into electronics too much so I don't know..

New or Used? - Lots of great guitars out there used, and a guaranteed way to get the most bang for your buck. New

Location? - I'm from Spain, concretely Ibiza, so there isn't too much music stores here, and the ones here rip you off. I've bought online in musicstore and thomann though.

Current Gear? - Epiphone Les Paul Standart
That cash will get you brand new Tribute Series versions of the G&L Fallout, ASAT HB, SuperHawk or Rampage. Alternatively, it'll get you most any US made Reverend guitar Brand New. The Jetstream, Warhawk, and Double Agent II would be notable examples.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Still, even if it sound great on paper, do not forget to actually give it a go before buying it.

I seen a lot of people, who walked in bought an instrument with out trying, and then came back the next day, screaming asking for money back, since the got home and then realized it was not what they were looking for.

So always give it a go.
PRS Santana SE
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by nmcintyre2
HSS fender Mexican strat may be worth looking into

I agree, though you may even want to go SSS and use 2 or 4 positions for hum canceling when you need it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
what do you like, or not like, about your current guitar? HAve you played others, same question.

And I'm asking feel (shape, neck, weight, etc) and tone/sound. A strat (HSS or SSS) is going to sound different than a les paul (HH) (S being single coil pickup, H meaning humbucker).

Strats are very versatile and popular - like the LP, hard to go wrong.

Played a Fender Mustang Special and loved the sound.

Go play a bunch of instruments -same song, same amp - and compare. Like being at the eye doctor ... "is this better, or worse" and often the difference is minute. SO then you go with the one that gets you excited to play.

My son has a good washburn, nice guitar. My daughter has a cheap strat copy. Her guitar,j ust the looks, excites me. Makes me want to play. We can't tell you which guitar will make you feel like that.
Quote by prof_fate
what do you like, or not like, about your current guitar? HAve you played others, same question.

And I'm asking feel (shape, neck, weight, etc) and tone/sound. A strat (HSS or SSS) is going to sound different than a les paul (HH) (S being single coil pickup, H meaning humbucker).

Strats are very versatile and popular - like the LP, hard to go wrong.

Played a Fender Mustang Special and loved the sound.

Go play a bunch of instruments -same song, same amp - and compare. Like being at the eye doctor ... "is this better, or worse" and often the difference is minute. SO then you go with the one that gets you excited to play.

My son has a good washburn, nice guitar. My daughter has a cheap strat copy. Her guitar,j ust the looks, excites me. Makes me want to play. We can't tell you which guitar will make you feel like that.

I like this guitar, but i feel it doesn't have the feel i want for it, because first, this is not my guitar XD and second, there is something wrong with the strings...

I have like 600€ to buy a new one now hehe

some example of sounds i'd like for my guitar would be a versatile sound that can do solo stuff too, but i prefer a guitar that aims more into lead guitar stuff, like this one who can do solos and sound powerful too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67m9E6uDgxs

I can put more examples if you need
Last edited by Kyonn at Jan 17, 2014,
So i'm planning to buy a new electric guitar, which has the following spec:
-fixed bridge
-at least 22 jumbo, or med. jumbo frets
-"good" pickups (i prefer humbucker)
-holds tune pretty well
-fast, comfortable neck

I was looking the followng guitars:
-epiphone les paul standard
-cort m600
-Yamaha pacifica 311h ---> it seems to be the best for me- > what you think? (there is no review)
-B.C. Rich Mockingbird Masterpiece

So what do you think? Or i accept also other suggestions.

Thank you in advance.
Quote by Neuler
So i'm planning to buy a new electric guitar, which has the following spec:
-fixed bridge
-at least 22 jumbo, or med. jumbo frets
-"good" pickups (i prefer humbucker)
-holds tune pretty well
-fast, comfortable neck

I was looking the followng guitars:
-epiphone les paul standard
-cort m600
-Yamaha pacifica 311h ---> it seems to be the best for me- > what you think? (there is no review)
-B.C. Rich Mockingbird Masterpiece

So what do you think? Or i accept also other suggestions.

Thank you in advance.
If you're in the US get an Agile AL. Otherwise the Yamaha will be fine.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
I would suggest a Jackson Guitar. I have some experience with the JS32 series. They are cheap, but on the other hand, they are made of materials of great quality. You can also choose from several shapes. It is a good investment, if you do not wish to spend all the saved money you have. If you choose this way, you may also buy some accessories for your new lovely instrument. If you need the guitar only, you can buy a Jackson from PRO series or RR series.
Thank you for your replies. I live in middle europe so i there is no Agile guitar.
I don't like how jackson looks like, i don't know why, and it seems to be more "budget" for me than the yamaha. I need great clears and good distortion, fast and comfortable neck, and a guitar whichc holds the tune pretty well.