Page 1 of 2
A few hours after the final episode of the 3rd series of the BBC drama Sherlock, I'm still reeling in what was possibly one of the best episodes of one of the best TV dramas of all time. Just had a thought that I hadn't seen anyone talk about it on here outside the Doctor Who/Torchwood thread.

Did you watch tonights episode? Do you watch it at all? If not, why not
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I'm glad this thread exists
I've been wanting to post in it for a while but it didn't exist yet

the show is cool and you should all watch it cuz there's only three episodes per season and it's worth watching
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
I'm glad this thread exists
I've been wanting to post in it but it didn't exist yet

the show is cool and you should all watch it cuz there's only thee episodes per season and it's worth watching

Definitely. Each is like a movie at 90 minutes long and are all fantastic.

Quote by WCPhils
I didn't watch it yet

Abandon thread

Get on it! Remember to put episode content in spoiler boxes if you wanna talk about it

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Weaponized
I seen commercials on Hulu for it and it looks really dumb

but it's not though
it's a tiny bit dumb but mostly cool and fun
It's alright. The landlady and her forced funny bits are cringy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Hydra150
but it's not though
it's a tiny bit dumb but mostly cool and fun

It's not just circlejerking how smart sherlock is? Cause that's what the commercials made it seem like
Quote by Weaponized
I seen commercials on Hulu for it and it looks really dumb

Its got comical bits thrown in which actually make sense to the characters than just there for the sake of it. The stories are ingeniously written and paced perfectly, not to mention a great cast.

Quote by Weaponized
It's not just circlejerking how smart sherlock is? Cause that's what the commercials made it seem like

It is but thats just the effect Sherlock has. He has a brilliant mind and has no problem showing it off. Thats just the character.

Quote by angusfan16
Last edited by leony03 at Jan 12, 2014,
Quote by Weaponized

I not really smart or anything

Just really entertaining

Plus, it's not a big commitment
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Weaponized

well that's what commercials do
dumb american commercials anyway

...but yeah it's about how smart sherlock is basically
even though I figured out that one case a whole five minutes before him
(although I might have seen the pilot months earlier that had the same story/murderer so idk)
I thought it was really quite disappointing I'm afraid.

Nowhere near as clever as it thought it was. Everyone was just very vague, nothing really got resolved or much happened, and the twist at the bad guys house was so predictable it sort of beggared belief that Sherlock, who's supposed to be such a super-sleuth genius, didn't see it coming.

The whole memory palace thing is ridiculous and unbelievable, the way that lady's past was just completely glossed over and accepted was a massive let down and completely unbelievable that her husband would react like that, and the idea that that laptop possibly having a tracker on might be a surprise to anyone was just stupid. I thought there was going to be some extra twist where it was all Sherlock's plan all along, but it was just disappointing.

EDIT: Sorry, spoilered.

EDIT 2: just to make clear though, I think Sherlock is pretty good sometimes, but this episode was just... poor.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Jan 12, 2014,
They've done the whole modernised thing very well, s'gotta be said
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
It's a great show. I haven't seen the last episode yet, I can't believe it's already the last one of the season, it's too short
I didn't see the memory palace twist coming somehow

and it's not entirely unbelievable cuz it's a thing some people do practice (I mean not to the proficiency that this villain does but it's not an entirely realistic show)

the real twist is that sherlock didn't have a deus ex machina up his sleeve
My Dad has been raving about it for a while, so I'll probably watch it in the near future.

I've seen a few episodes of Elementary, is this better, worse or something different?
I'm now taking a class in which I had to watch "A Scandal in Belgravia," I was like bitch please, I've seen all the episode of this show. But of course I watched it again anyway, was awesome.

Edit:
Quote by Weaponized

I don't know if you read any of the stories, but that's just how it is. Sherlock is arrogant, everyone is astounded by his abilities.
Last edited by me_llamo_juan at Jan 12, 2014,
I love this show, missed the finale, will watch it tomorrow, also the american one, Elementary is a bit shit, couldn't get into it at all.
When they were standing outside the house I was kind of like 'please don't just kill him, it's too easy and I'd rather they delved into him more, with more psychological shinanigans'.
But it was a still good.
Quote by Chrisseh
When they were standing outside the house I was kind of like 'please don't just kill him,

I was saying the opposite
Quote by ibanez1997
Thank you for this thread. I love Sherlock <3

I haven't even seen The Sign of Three yet since I'm in the US

Arrrgh. Hint hint, wink wink.

Season 4 had better not take another 2 years, oh man. Love the very end reveal. Knew that couldn't be as it had originally appeared.
haven't watched the last episode yet, but I just wanted to say that this is definitely the best series I have seen in a very long time.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Haven't watched the last episode yet, but I guess the show's nice.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Brilliant show.

Was gonna make a thread last night but was sleepy

Drunk Sherlock is the best Sherlock

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
The first two seasons were great, and while i did enjoy the most recent ones, the shift in tone was a little bit jarring. I suppose it was only natural for them to make Holmes seem a little bit more human, and i think it has kind of worked, but a couple of moments made me cringe a little.

Also, i find that the stories in the first two were a lot more straightforward in terms of narrative, but they now seem to be far less linear and go more in depth about all the mind palace stuff. I think i'll have to watch that last one again, as i was watching it with my parents, who keep on going "what just happened?" rather than waiting for it all to tie together, and my dad just flat out doesn't like this last series, and so it's all kind of off putting.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jan 13, 2014,
I loved season 3, except maybe the final bits in the last episode? Seems kinda rushed and forced into place.

I LOVED the second episode of season 3, it's Moffat and Gatiss attempting comedy and it's working.
Why did everybody automatically assume that a crappy animated gif of Moriaty being broadcast everywhere meant he had come back from the dead, rather than the more obvious, he's still dead and someone is doing this on his behalf?
Most memory competitions are dependent on mnemonic techniques, so the "mind palace" is plausible I guess. There are people in the world who can memorise 200 unique strings of binary and place them in order after studying them for 2 minutes, and that's just the product of a lot of practice.
Quite enjoyed the finale. Especially that "DON'T APPALL WHEN I'M HIGH" line. I'm stealing that.
Quote by chaoticfables
I loved season 3, except maybe the final bits in the last episode? Seems kinda rushed and forced into place.

I LOVED the second episode of season 3, it's Moffat and Gatiss attempting comedy and it's working.

Well they're both former sitcom writers why wouldn't it work.

Magnusson was a great villain, total opposite of their Moriarty.
OUT OF ORDER
Watched the pilot yesterday and I approve.

Except i can confirm, as a Londoner, that that is in fact not Baker Street.
Quote by Basti95

Except i can confirm, as a Londoner, that that is in fact not Baker Street.

The real Baker street is something of a tourist spot, so it would be difficult to film the show without lots of people gawking. There are quite a few things in the show that seem out of place if you know London, but it's just something that you should let slide.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
The real Baker street is something of a tourist spot, so it would be difficult to film the show without lots of people gawking. There are quite a few things in the show that seem out of place if you know London, but it's just something that you should let slide.

Yeah at first i was like "where did all the Japanese go...?" but then I love the atmosphere they create by choosing those locations so it's cool
Quote by leony03
A few hours after the final episode of the 3rd series of the BBC drama Sherlock, I'm still reeling in what was possibly one of the best episodes of one of the best TV dramas of all time. Just had a thought that I hadn't seen anyone talk about it on here outside the Doctor Who/Torchwood thread.

Did you watch tonights episode? Do you watch it at all? If not, why not

best episode? best drama? dude. sherlock is good but the rewatch value is poor and the finale yesterday was really overstated. that powerful news owner was too much of a fantasy character, completely ungrounded and unrealistically smart and observant and to top it off, extremely vague and obviously creepy for tension. i mean, cmon, we already have sherlock for that.

also, lol @ all the people judging a show by its trailers. shut the **** up and watch an episode before you write your wiseass reviews.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Why did everybody automatically assume that a crappy animated gif of Moriaty being broadcast everywhere meant he had come back from the dead, rather than the more obvious, he's still dead and someone is doing this on his behalf?

because they're stupid. but the weight they layed on that moment as the final moment of the final episode means he's probably alive. somehow. they're good at ridiculous long-shot explanations
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Jan 13, 2014,
I love this show. I've watched all the seasons on Netflix. I really enjoy the chemistry of the characters in this show and how everyone seem to be at odds with Sherlock but also quite drawn to him in the same way the viewer will find him arrogant but also attractive.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Page 1 of 2