Welcame to ma thread peepole!

Never owned an ABY box before, so I'm looking for feedback on those units. Is it worth putting money into a good box?

80$ -

237$ -

Can ground lift damage anything?

Passive or active?

Republican or democrat?

HALP!

Thanks!
Last edited by Taz9 at Jan 12, 2014,
The Radial is fine

Edit: I have used the Twin City not that one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 12, 2014,
Quote by ikey_

Except that you don't get a polarity switch or ground lift with the Loopmasters. He tends to make switchers for pedals, not the guy I would go to for an amp switcher.

OP, the Radial should do you just fine. They also make an active, buffered version with LED indicators called the Twin City, but it's a more expensive unit.
well damn. you got me. that radial aint a bad buy then
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
To precise, I will use this ABY to switch between two amps, with same effects in front.

Guitar -> Pedalboard -> ABY -> Amp 1/amp2

Thanks for the answers so far guys!
the radial big shot switcher is great. i have literally had one almost 7+ years now. solid, any combination of the small switches will reduce hum every time (at least my experience) and theoretically should.

its worth it.

that is one of few things i don't have a back up on hand for. i know its not going to fail.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ever got shocked?

Apparently, it's dangerous for some reason to lift ground, but it reduce/remove noise...
The Radial Twin City is where its at, or at least where it was at last I checked.

I haven't looked at ABYs in a while, but I doubt much has changed with the market.

Last I checked, the Twin City is the best, cheapest ABY you can get. It has all of the functions you need to make sure you don't have any issues running two amps at the same time, and it has LEDs (a feature SORELY missing from the Big Shot).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yea, I agree, the LEDs are a big plus.

I'm afraid of getting hum tho. The Twin City looks like a solid choice (quality and price), but I saw those Framptone selectors too and in my experience, all the Keeley stuff is super great usually.

Any best choice, or it's the same thing except I pay for "Framptone" name on a white box?
Radial knows their stuff when it comes to amp switching and anything amp selection/DI/audio switch related. There's a reason why so many professionals use their stuff on the road, they last.

I'd still stick with the Radial, whether you get the Big Shot or Twin City, it's a solid choice either way. No need to spend more because of a name when you're not getting an increase in quality vs the huge increase in price. Also, I don't know what Keeley has to do with the Framptone stuff other than they are a licensed dealer. Keeley himself doesn't have anything to do with the construction or design AFAIK.
Bumping this tread, since I might buy this thing tomorrow.

The Big Shot is passive and the Twin City is active.. What is the difference really apart from the buffer? I read some stuff but just want to double chek here.

And if the ground is not lifted, can I still get electrocuted? I really don't want to get shocked
Last edited by Taz9 at Feb 25, 2014,