KerNeL_KLuTcH
A Meanness In This World
3,638 IQ
The composition is nice, but the vocals take away from it, (but I'm not really a fan of screamed vocals, so kind of biased in that regard). You might want to give that guitar a boost in the lead parts, it's a little lacking in the mix at times, it's better than some of the stuff I've head in the genre where the drums completely overtake the guitar and bass (and I could hear the bass, good job!). Drums sound really good. Overall nice.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
smc818
UG Senior Member
10 IQ
Yeah....vocal ruins everything. The lead guitar comes in all good...but it lacks a good
bang in phasing at the end. It just make sound like its boring or dragging.
@ 2:31 on ward.
Idk, it needs to scream, a mjor dive or a faster run.
You know what Im saying?
It's like the begining of the solo is kind of setting up a figure skater to make a tripple jump.
It lacks the tripple jump.
Last edited by smc818 at Jan 14, 2014,
fanapathy
B-Tuned
1,983 IQ
The staccato thing is quite cool, haven't heard that before
I like the melody at 1:04 and think it would sound good harmonized the 2nd time (even though a lot of other stuff is also harmonized), think you can do more with it. The song is a bit complex and since it's not repeating much with that non-standard structure, it's also not as memorable.
Don't think comments against the vocals are fair because they're quite good and well performed even if it's screaming etc, I think fans of this sort of genre will like it.
Voda La Void
43 IQ
I agree about the composition being really cool and personally, I like the non-standard structure, keeps you guessing. I'm not a fan of screaming vocals that much, so I have no criticism on that part.

The mix of drums and guitar was nicely balanced. Impressive playing too - I wish I could do some of that.
profmcnasty
Classical Guitarist
1,053 IQ
Thanks everyone, I agree that the vocals could have been better. I had wanted him scream over certain parts but he didn't -_-