Hello guys. I'm planning to buy a new amp. I'm stuck between these two models. I play heavy metal most of the time. New Randall Diavlo series looks badass and Mike Fortin designed, which gives some bonus points(haha), but Ironheart seems to have more features and sounds good too. What are your thoughts about these two? Maybe you have any other suggestions in this price range?
Last edited by narvydas at Jan 13, 2014,
Fill this out and we should be able to help more. but so far id pick the ironheart

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Ok. My budget is about 1600$ can be a little more maybe. (head + cab)

Melodic death metal, progressive metal, bands like Nevermore, Feared, In Flames, Trivium. My favourite guitarists are Jeff Loomis, Andy James, Keith Merrow.

Problem with used amps is, that I live in Lithuania and it's really hard to find something here...

Well I would like to use it for home and gigs/rehearsals.

I can buy with a pretty good rates from www.thomann.de as I have an opportunity to buy together with two other guys, which means, that shipping is free I guess.

My gear now is Schecter Hellrasier C-1 FR EMG 81/89, using Blackstar HT-60 stage, which I find not really suitable for my style of music.
Last edited by narvydas at Jan 13, 2014,
Quote by narvydas
Ok. My budget is about 1600$ can be a little more maybe. (head + cab)

Melodic death metal, progressive metal, bands like Nevermore, Feared, In Flames, Trivium. My favourite guitarists are Jeff Loomis, Andy James, Keith Merrow.

Problem with used amps is, that I live in Lithuania and it's really hard to find something here...

Well I would like to use it for home and gigs/rehearsals.

I can buy with a pretty good rates from www.thomann.de as I have an opportunity to buy together with two other guys, which means, that shipping is free I guess.

My gear now is Schecter Hellrasier C-1 FR EMG 81/89, using Blackstar HT-60 stage, which I find not really suitable for my style of music.

Parasyk emaila i midiaudio jie gali pigiau uzsakyti, nei thomanne parduoda. Del randall nezinau, ironheart puse velnio jeigu tubescreameri naudoji, kuri grojant toki stiliu matyt butina naudot (midiaudio tikrai turi turet ironheart).
Last edited by Reages at Jan 13, 2014,
I havent heard the Diavlos myself but Fortins sound is known (or so it seems) to be tighter and drier than nuns... errr you know. Which is the impression I've got of ideal "Djent" sound. (personally I prefer loose, heavy classic stuff) And what I've read about the new Diavlos they are exactly that, very tight. Djenty chugging stuff should not be a problem I figure.

To be honest I doubt you would be dissapointed in any of them. I think with your budget its all about personal preference, nobody can really say which is objectively better or worse.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jan 13, 2014,
Thank you guys. And yeah, it's up to me, but it doesn't hurt to ask what other people think about it.
Hey, i'm also stuck between these model

budget : 1100 CAD $

Genre : progressive metal... Adam jones (Tool) and Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)

There is a IRT60 Head for 660 CAD$ used. if i back the wattage to 10-15 will it still sound good? It would cost me less that the IRT15 : 740 CAD$ with taxes. Ther is also a IRT30 combo on sale for 920 CAD$ with taxes

for bedroom playing. But, i can still play loud (but not too much)

Montréal, Qc

Orange 20ldx to a Boss st-2 Overdrive pedal and DD-3 boss delay.
Gibson SGJ

Thanks,
Will