So, here I am at a loss with my gear, I've decided I have far too much and I want to downsize to something; practical, functional and good. (Possibly)

So far I have an Engl Fireball 60 and a Laney AOR 100 as my amplifiers. I love both, especially for a gig situation. The tricky part of this is, I do some tech work for a local non profit organization and I use my own gear (As they only have Line Six Spyders) and anything is better than those,but I may have to sell to fund something slightly smaller but still does the metal thing really well. (No idea what there is out there though)

My parents have requested (Iknow) that for space issues, I sell some of my guitars, so I will have to sell some of my guitars. I'm hoping to get at least 1/1.5 grand for them. So I was hoping to buy a guitar with the money from those. I have no idea what to look for however, as I'd be thinking about custom, but I may need a bit more for that? I'd ideally be after a 7 string V and a 6 string V (as my Colostomy bag makes it awkward to play standard shaped guitars as I found out on Friday)
To finish off, I am running a custom made Road Kill cabinet with V30's in it and possibly a Marshall 1960A, but I'm not sure what I can do with these if I should keep them or not!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Jan 13, 2014,
I may have to sell to fund something slightly smaller but still does the metal thing really well. (No idea what there is out there though)

Look at small Orange tube combos- Orange has a great history in heavy music.

I'm hoping to get at least 1/1.5 grand for them

What currency?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Look at small Orange tube combos- Orange has a great history in heavy music.

What currency?

Pounds Stirling!

Ah, Orange. I'm in the UK so they shouldn't be that much of a problem. I really, really really like my Engl though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I have seen UK luthiers with starting prices around £1000, but they're generally making variants of classic designs. Read that as being Tele, Strat or LP clones, voiced for mainstream genres. I don't know that you'd find a custom "metal" 6 or 7 strng V in that price range.

And Engl makes tube combo amps, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 13, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I have seen UK luthiers with starting prices around £1000, but they're generally making variants of classic designs. Read that as being Tele, Strat or LP clones, voiced for mainstream genres. I don't know that you'd find a custom "metal" 6 or 7 strng V in that price range.

And Engl makes tube combo amps, too.

Ah ok, yeah I can't play any of the normal models for health reasons (It's not permanent but for the next three or so years I'll be like this)

They do, but I really like the sound I get from my Engl and my 2X12 however, so I might just keep those. But I'm not sure. It sounded really good at a gig on Friday.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Ah ok, yeah I can't play any of the normal models for health reasons (It's not permanent but for the next three or so years I'll be like this)

They do, but I really like the sound I get from my Engl and my 2X12 however, so I might just keep those. But I'm not sure. It sounded really good at a gig on Friday.

Engl's 50w 2x12 combo sounds pretty good, as I recall... But it's your ears that matter!

As for the axe, there are a lot of good Vs out there in your price range. I'd give these guys a call:

http://www.vintageandmodernguitars.co.uk/reverendsetneckguitars.html

...and find out if they can get you a Reverend Volcano RA FM.
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/volcano-ra-fm/

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 13, 2014,
Looks nice, but no sevens

Just because of the stuff I'm aiming to be playing, I need a seven to save Downtuning and what have you midset. But Ican't play anything except V's (or V like things because of the Colostomy bag) so this makes it tricky.

Thinking about it. A Rhodes guitar would be better as the down point would be out theway of my waist. Making it better for myself.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Jan 13, 2014,
Quote by Fisheth24
Looks nice, but no sevens

True, but you were talking about 6s & 7s...and the RailHammer pickups should handle down tuning quite nicely.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
True, but you were talking about 6s & 7s...and the RailHammer pickups should handle down tuning quite nicely.

Oh yeah I was! I've already got my Gibson Faded V however for a 6 string. Would be all about the 7 for now!

Was considering a Loomis though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Another thought- the Fernandes Vertigo and the similar Fret-King Esprit 5 hav a shape that might also work for you (I can't say for sure, of course):

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/vertigo.html

http://www.idealo.co.uk/compare/2282911/fret-king-blue-label-esprit-5.html

Quote by Fisheth24
Oh yeah I was! I've already got my Gibson Faded V however for a 6 string. Would be all about the 7 for now!

Ah!

Well, sorry, but I'm not the guy to help you with 7s. Somebody else will probably pick up the torch from here, though!

Unfortunately not at the moment, the advantage of the V is that there's a big gap inbtween where it presses on me, which really helps.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
You should at least consider a Randall RM50 combo. They only take two modules instead of three like their big brother but it's probably more like what you need because they are smaller and lighter. Have a few different modules on hand and it can become whatever amp you need from Fender to Recto.
I haven't used the 50 but if it has a closed back like my RM100 all it needs is to be put on a stand and you're set to go. I don't even use my 1960 when I use my Randall and you know how much I love a wall of speakers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification