hey guys,
which would be more worthwhile for me, I have £350 to spend and I am torn between the Blackstar Ht-5r or a decent audio interface as I have been recently been having fun with my Behringer Guitar Link using Reaper with LePou Ampsims. Which would sound best for me?
You can pick up a HT5-R for less if you go used.

Might be a good place to start and then pair it with a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 and amplitube for the quieter parts of the day.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
well if I get a Scarlett 2i2 I could get another guitar aswell... but would it sound as good?
Quote by MutantWombat
well if I get a Scarlett 2i2 I could get another guitar aswell... but would it sound as good?

As an amplifier? Not to my ears. But what do you want to do with it?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I have a Scarlett 2i2 and there is one thing I don't like about it. When I plug my guitar in it, it always distorts signal even if I turn down gain on Scarlett to minimum. But it doesn't happen with my bass so I don't know if it's going to happen to you with your guitar.

Scarlett 2i4 is better because it has pad buttons which eliminate this problem.
Quote by MutantWombat
hey guys,
which would be more worthwhile for me, I have £350 to spend and I am torn between the Blackstar Ht-5r or a decent audio interface as I have been recently been having fun with my Behringer Guitar Link using Reaper with LePou Ampsims. Which would sound best for me?

completely depends on applications.

if you just wanna keep messing with amp sims then get the interface.

if you plan on getting with a band then you are probably gonna need an amp... and you'll probably need an amp with a bit more power output than an HT-5R.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by MutantWombat
Ok Jackov, but scarlett 2i4 with Lepou Hybrit or Le456 vs Blackstar Ht-5?

Well, if you have already been playing with Lepou I think you should decide do you like it's sound or not. You should also try HT-5 if some of your local music shops have it. Then you will be able to see if you enjoy playing it more than Lepou.

If it's just for home playing and recording then both options will be good enough (though you could get a better amp than HT-5).
The problem with my recording is that all I am using is a crappy Guitar link which sometimes crackles and cuts out randomly. I shall try a Ht-5 at my local shop and from what I have head on youtube and experienced for myself lepou sims are very good. What would you recommend instead of a Ht-5 that I can buy for £300-350?
Northamptonshire, UK, and I play Classic Rock, Punk, alternative and Metal... I like a good clean tone