Finaly have a new amp, meet my new Orange CR120C! I saw this amp 2 days ago and was interested, so I decided to check some reviews... to find almost nothing about it. After searching on Youtube for a demo of the amp, I got hooked instantly. This amp has the tone I've been trying to get forever (although I only have been playing for 4 years... yeah...). So I decided to walk in the store with my guitar today to really try it out and... I couldn't let it sitting in the corner of the store any longer! Got it for 875$ CAD, which I think is a REALLY good deal. Only downside for me is that it doesn't come with the footswitch, but the local store I bought it from ordered it in front of me so I'll have it pretty soon.

As for how it sounds... Well, it's an Orange. With a lot of gain (for an Orange at least), but it still has the sound that Orange introduced years and years ago. I'll be using this amp for jazz, blues, rock, metal, punk, and... well, basically for everything. I can get a good tone for pretty much everything with this. I have a deathcore band, which can be kind of weird to use an Orange amp for deathcore, but I tried it with my 8 string Schecter Damien Elite 8 in the store and my mind was blown. It sounds PERFECT for the kind of sound we need!

Just thought I'd share it with you guys
Attachments:
amp.jpg
Ayy there
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very cool, man. Love me some Orange!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
After playing it for a couple of hours, I can definitely say that I'm very satisfied with my new purchase! Sounds like the amp was infused with God (or Satan) particles. If I had to have a signature amp... It would sound pretty much exactly like this!
Ayy there
HNAD
enjoy it

SS Orange amps are Blasphemous
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have no experience with these, but isn't that pretty expensive for what is essentially just an SS amp? HNAD all the same though! As long as you're happy with it!
Quote by gurg06
I have no experience with these, but isn't that pretty expensive for what is essentially just an SS amp? HNAD all the same though! As long as you're happy with it!

Well it might seem like it is a bit expensive, but when compared to other Orange amps, this one is pretty cheap. 120 Watts 2 12" SS combo. There are some Orange heads sold for 2000$ alone, and I'd argue that this amp sounds as good, if not better, than the higher-priced Orange amps. And Orange amps have always been quite expensive, too. I mean, look at the Dark Terror head, about 650$ for a one channel 15 Watts head...

Quote by mmolteratx
Aren't they $769 new in Canada?

I paid 875$ taxes included, so the 769$ price tag would be quite accurate.
Ayy there
Quote by metalhead983877
There are some Orange heads sold for 2000$ alone, and I'd argue that this amp sounds as good, if not better, than the higher-priced Orange amps. And Orange amps have always been quite expensive, too. I mean, look at the Dark Terror head, about 650$ for a one channel 15 Watts head...

You have now lost all credibility on this subject

But HNAD you bought it enjoy it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by metalhead983877
Well it might seem like it is a bit expensive, but when compared to other Orange amps, this one is pretty cheap. 120 Watts 2 12" SS combo. There are some Orange heads sold for 2000$ alone, and I'd argue that this amp sounds as good, if not better, than the higher-priced Orange amps. And Orange amps have always been quite expensive, too. I mean, look at the Dark Terror head, about 650$ for a one channel 15 Watts head...

I paid 875$ taxes included, so the 769$ price tag would be quite accurate.

no.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by Robbgnarly
You have now lost all credibility on this subject

Well then, enlighten me on how I lost all credibility

To my ears, I think that this amp sounds extremely good and that's what matter, right? Maybe the fact that I've never been a fan of the lower gain Orange could explain my saying though.
Ayy there
Well you know, you said you'd argue that the CR120 sounds as good if not better than most other orange amps.
Also, you wrote "look at the Dark Terror head, about 650$ for a one channel 15 Watts head...".
Thing is, the fact that the thing is a single channel 15w head vs a 2 channel 2x12 120w combo doesn't really matter. Like, at all.
The sound is the part concerned here, and solid state amps are usually regarded as worse sounding than tube amps.

That said, I don't like orange amps in general so I don't really care what people think sounds better than something else if the thing stays in the orange family.

Happy NAD then!!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
HNAD!
Don't listen to the haters, enjoy the good tones and the superior reliability of SOLID STATE technology \m/
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by The Judist
HNAD!
Don't listen to the haters, enjoy the good tones and the superior reliability of SOLID STATE technology \m/

HNAD but please have more respect for the manufacturer, Orange is a great brand but to say that the orange crush series is as good if not better then their RV, TV, and custom series is very very wrong.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Quote by metalhead983877
Well then, enlighten me on how I lost all credibility

To my ears, I think that this amp sounds extremely good and that's what matter, right? Maybe the fact that I've never been a fan of the lower gain Orange could explain my saying though.

Yes I hope you are happy with your amp. I would like to hear clips if you can because I have heard this is a SS Rockerverb circuit and I'd like to see how well they did. Marshall did pretty well in the 80's with the Mosfet lead (SS JCM800 circuit).

I just think it is unwise to comment that it is as good or better than any Orange.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Spambot_2
Well you know, you said you'd argue that the CR120 sounds as good if not better than most other orange amps.
Also, you wrote "look at the Dark Terror head, about 650$ for a one channel 15 Watts head...".
Thing is, the fact that the thing is a single channel 15w head vs a 2 channel 2x12 120w combo doesn't really matter. Like, at all.
The sound is the part concerned here, and solid state amps are usually regarded as worse sounding than tube amps.

Hmm, you have a point here. I'll be the oddball here who prefers SS to tube amps because of their reliability and because of the one-time expense of not buying tubes all the time, even though tube amps do sound slightly better. But I really don't get those who say "every single SS amp sucks because no tubes" though. Anyway, as I said a bit earlier, I've never been a big fan of Orange, but this amp surprised me a lot!
Ayy there