Was at a gig on Friday night and pretty much all of the bands used my Laney because of the alternative, which was a Spyder 3

Anyway, I've just set up and all was good and then my volume starts to fluctuate.

My tubes seem ok, so I'm not sure if it's a tube issue or if it's to do with turning Standby on too fast.

Any idea's? Last time I brought it into a tech they said everything was ok and my amp has hardly been on since then.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Fluctuating volume is one of the first signs of a dying power tube.

It is not something that a tech would have been able to determine ahead of time.

Every single power tube is different and they just die.

Now, these amps are known to have issues with their tube sockets so that could be it as well - but I would replace the power tubes first and go from there. You should have a back up power tubes anyway - especially if you gig.

If you still have problems after that, then take it to your tech.
Can I just pop in another set of four EHX tubes into it and it'll be ok (same type of course) or do I have to bias it again?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I'd have to search to see if this amp can be manually biased or not.

Yes, you can pop 4 new matched power tubes in there and see what gives.

If you have some EHX power tubes lying around I doubt it would hurt to try.

If you contact one of the big tube distributors and tell them what you have they will recommend and sell you a matched quad of power tubes for your amp.

www.dougstubes.com
www.thevalvequeen.com
www.tubedepot.com
www.thetubestore.com
www.eurotubes.com (not in europe)
www.watfordvalves.com (in europe)
www.hotrockxuk.com (in europe)

I'd be looking for JJs or Rubys prolly - not EXH though
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'd have to search to see if this amp can be manually biased or not.

Yes, you can pop 4 new matched power tubes in there and see what gives.

If you have some EHX power tubes lying around I doubt it would hurt to try.

If you contact one of the big tube distributors and tell them what you have they will recommend and sell you a matched quad of power tubes for your amp.

www.dougstubes.com
www.thevalvequeen.com
www.tubedepot.com
www.thetubestore.com
www.eurotubes.com (not in europe)
www.watfordvalves.com (in europe)
www.hotrockxuk.com (in europe)

I'd be looking for JJs or Rubys prolly - not EXH though

So any Tubes I could use as long as they were EL34? Great, yeah I've used WatfordValves before, always been reallygood!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
JJE34L (not the EL34) or JJ KT77 are nice alternatives to regular EL34's. SED EL34 if you like spending money (they are all I use in my amps typically)
JJ 6Ca7 are also a nice replacement
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
This is the first link that popped up when I Googled 'how to bias a Laney AOR amp'

http://www.marshallforum.com/other-amps/48288-laney-aor-head-biasing.html

Looks pretty decent and has a picture to boot.

Most of the figures thrown around look pretty accurate (from the people who know what they are talking about). I was going to say your amp is probably very similar to mine. To bias the amp you will need a Bias Probe and a Multimeter. I have a Blog in my profile on how to do this.

Otherwise - it probably won't hurt to pop a new matched set in there and hit the town. If it sounds cold and thin or hot and warbly then bias it.
AOR's were notorious for having shit tube sockets. Put on a glove and give the tubes a minuscule wiggle while the amp is on and see if you get a pop through the speakers. If you do, replace the socket with something decent.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
AOR's were notorious for having shit tube sockets. Put on a glove and give the tubes a minuscule wiggle while the amp is on and see if you get a pop through the speakers. If you do, replace the socket with something decent.

Cheers Cath! I knew you'd pop into this thread! My amplifier has never been right and I've had no idea why. Will try that now and report back.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100