Hi guys!

So the situation is:
I can't decide which one to buy. I know the specs of both guitar but I don't have experience with the Cort and youtube vids fell short on that guitar so I don't know.
I had an Ec-50 before and loved it, but I'm curious if the Cort worth it over the LTD.
Music played ranges from Deftones to Guns 'N' Roses(rarely). I'm more into the so called nu metal scene and grunge and a little metal here and there and everything similar to them.

I really don't know, usually I can decide which one, but both seems great.
If it matter I don't really like the shape of the Cort and like 24 fret stuff more overall.
(Yeah I use it, found myself using it often when I had my previous guitar)

Thank you in advance for the help and sharing your experiences.
Cort is one of the biggest guitar makers in Korea. With a lot of other brand guitars that are made in Korea there is a chance it has been made in Cort factories. Corts own guitars used to be good bang for the buck though I have no idea if thats still the case but I still like Corts. Their countoured Les Pauls (*edit* which Z44 used to be but it seems like they have updated it to more rounder standard LP shape) look amazing.

No experience with Zenox Z44 but it seems to be in same ballpark as my EVL-Z4 (but without the br00tz stuff) which I really, really like except for the stock EMG HZ pickups. Too low output for something thats advertised as metal pickups. Anyway, my EVL-Z4 is much better guitar than my F50 in about every way except for balance which is perfect in my LTD. No neck dive what so ever even with nylon straps on LTD where Z4 requires more grippy leather strap to keep its neck up or it falls sideways. Still, if Z44 is anything like my EVL-Z4 I would recommend it over 50 serie LTD.

*edit* it appears Z44 has a set neck where EVL-Z4 is bolt on. I'm not sure about price difference but it may be actually step above my EVL.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jan 13, 2014,
Quote by MaaZeus
Cort is one of the biggest guitar makers in Korea. With a lot of other brand guitars that are made in Korea there is a chance it has been made in Cort factories. Corts own guitars used to be good bang for the buck though I have no idea if thats still the case but I still like Corts. Their countoured Les Pauls (*edit* which Z44 used to be but it seems like they have updated it to more rounder standard LP shape) look amazing.

No experience with Zenox Z44 but it seems to be in same ballpark as my EVL-Z4 (but without the br00tz stuff) which I really, really like except for the stock EMG HZ pickups. Too low output for something thats advertised as metal pickups. Anyway, my EVL-Z4 is much better guitar than my F50 in about every way except for balance which is perfect in my LTD. No neck dive what so ever even with nylon straps on LTD where Z4 requires more grippy leather strap to keep its neck up or it falls sideways. Still, if Z44 is anything like my EVL-Z4 I would recommend it over 50 serie LTD.

*edit* it appears Z44 has a set neck where EVL-Z4 is bolt on. I'm not sure about price difference but it may be actually step above my EVL.

Didn't know they were low outputs. That's one negative to Cort, I'd like to have a "decent" output. EVL Z4 costs more if I remember well. Thank you for posting, I consider these.
Quote by adam.kasnyoczki
Didn't know they were low outputs. That's one negative to Cort, I'd like to have a "decent" output. EVL Z4 costs more if I remember well. Thank you for posting, I consider these.

Yeah the EMG HZ are not particularly good pickups even though Alexi Laiho himself uses them. (and dont ask me about the 7 string HZ. Worst. Pickup. Ever. Made.) They are EMGs attempt on passive pickups but fails in a lot of ways. They do sound better than LH150 pickups on 50 serie LTDs in my opinion so its not like they are bad for stock pickups but LH150 does have higher output in my ears. Its easy to spot it drives the preamp harder and I wouldnt exactly call stock beginners LTD pups high output either...

That said, if you can solder swapping the pickups is easy. As you can see in my sig I have swapped X2N to the bridge which is all that really matters in metal, if you ask me.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
Yeah the EMG HZ are not particularly good pickups even though Alexi Laiho himself uses them. (and dont ask me about the 7 string HZ. Worst. Pickup. Ever. Made.) They are EMGs attempt on passive pickups but fails in a lot of ways. They do sound better than LH150 pickups on 50 serie LTDs in my opinion so its not like they are bad for stock pickups but LH150 does have higher output in my ears. Its easy to spot it drives the preamp harder and I wouldnt exactly call stock beginners LTD pups high output either...

That said, if you can solder swapping the pickups is easy. As you can see in my sig I have swapped X2N to the bridge which is all that really matters in metal, if you ask me.

I thought about changing the pickups to seymour duncans(i love the sh-4)so I might do that if I have money left after the guitar, but probably won't happen for a while. As I checked videos of the Cort more carefully, the pups really give the impression of a low output pickups, but yeah, stock LTD's aren't much better but I like them a little more. The stock HZ in the Cort lacks something for me, can't really explain, I don't have that much knowledge on pickups or sound to explain.

On a sidenote, I agree, there are much better pickups for a 7 string than the HZ.