Hello,
I`m a little bit nervous about high treble from my guitar. How can i reduce that?

Second Question is: Which amp will be best for hardrock, heavy metal, not trashmetal etc.?
Price: 700 Euro with cab
Post more info:

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Paragraphs of information about yourself are nice but we really just need the answers to these 6 things.
Budget? - 700 Euro

Genres? - Mostly i play hardrock and heavey metal. I need clean tones too. i like good p.m. sound. I want to reduce high treble.

New or Used? - both of that

Home or Gig? - Gig amp

Closest City? - I live in Poland near Katowice. I can buy something from Thomann

Current Gear? - Fender Frontman 212R, Boss Me-70

I thought about tube amp and preboost for example copy of Maxon OD808
Last edited by Lucky1777 at Jan 13, 2014,
heads:

JCA100HDM
Orange Jim root terror 2nd hand
Laney IRT studio
Bugera 333XL/6262

and get the Harley Benton 2x12 vintage.
thats ordering new from thomann.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Last edited by Carrot at Jan 13, 2014,
Quote by Carrot
heads:

JCA100HDM
Orange Jim root terror 2nd hand
Laney IRT studio
Bugera 333XL/6262

and get the Harley Benton 2x12 vintage.
thats ordering new from thomann.

A 6505 clone? Hmm not sure about that, considering that TS wants to play hard rock and heavy metal, maybe it's a bit much? Not that a 6505 wouldn't do it..but there are better things suited I expect?

but totally +1 on the 2x12 Vintage of course.
i would go with a JSX. the HB cabs seem to be well received. if we could get nice cabs over there for the same price as the speaker, i would have another four or five cabs.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Big +1 to a Jet City head. They are built for hard rock-heavy/thrash metal tones. The 50W+ heads have a really nice range of gain that will let you dial in whatever you need.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i consider about jet city 100hdm or bugera 333xl.
Bugera got 3 channels, and split eq.
Jet City sound nice.

I was playing on Jet City and i found something weird.
each knob preamp gain (clean / overdrive) affected both channels. For example, if you want a clean, you have to turn the preamp gain OD to 0, which do not have the Overdrive channel.

Is this normal?

but #2. My guitar got high pain treble with amp. Can i reduce that effect? Is it correct to set amp for example
Bass 5/10 Mid 7/10 Treble 3/10
There is no such thing as a correct way to set the amp. Just set it how you think it sounds nice.
I never played a Jet City before, but I did hear people get good distorted tones. I heard the clean is bad, but who am I to judge?. Check out the 5150/6505 series. Also check out the Carvin Legacies if they are near you, they have amazing cleans, but getting a good rhythm tone might be a little harder. Maybe an international ebay seller? The Marshall JCM series might also work for you, they are each a little different so check out each one. For a cab, each of these amps have matching cabs that will probably serve you well.
Quote by ambler3
A 6505 clone? Hmm not sure about that, considering that TS wants to play hard rock and heavy metal, maybe it's a bit much? Not that a 6505 wouldn't do it..but there are better things suited I expect?

but totally +1 on the 2x12 Vintage of course.

Only reason i suggest a 6505+ clone is because of the clean/crunch channel. I bloody love that for hard rock/heavy metal.

If his music choice changes or need more gain? then theres always the lead channel
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Offworld92
Big +1 to a Jet City head. They are built for hard rock-heavy/thrash metal tones. The 50W+ heads have a really nice range of gain that will let you dial in whatever you need.

+1, the jet city 50 or 100 head + the harley benton 2x12 cab with v30s will be hard to beat for the money if you're in europe. heck it's hard to beat for even a fair bit more money.

regarding the high treble you could try rolling down your tone knob a little. But i wouldn't worry overly, the new amp and cabinet may well solve those problems in one fell swoop.

if it really concerns you, you could go for the cheaper harley benton cabinet without the v30s and swap eminence v12s into it. they're a little more mellow out of the box than v30s (though once well broken-in v30s should be fine).

Quote by Lucky1777
i consider about jet city 100hdm or bugera 333xl.
Bugera got 3 channels, and split eq.
Jet City sound nice.

I was playing on Jet City and i found something weird.
each knob preamp gain (clean / overdrive) affected both channels. For example, if you want a clean, you have to turn the preamp gain OD to 0, which do not have the Overdrive channel.

Is this normal?

I don't think so. It's effectively a single channel amp, just with a different gain and volume knob per "channel" (and the od channel has an extra gain stage), so there might be some bleed, but not too much I don't think. I haven't actually checked on mine, but I can run the "clean" channel clean and the od channel distorted without any problems.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 14, 2014,
Yeah, the Harley Benton cabs will probably be cheap enough to swap a speaker or two in under budget. For a darker, more mellow sound than V30s, I can recommend G12H30s (I used the WGS Reaper HP variants).

No experience with Eminence though.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah if you want to use 2 different speakers than v30s it makes more sense to get the cheaper cabinet without the v30s. but if you want to give v30s a shot first, or maybe want to try a combination with v30s (say a g12t75 + a v30, or a classic lead + a v30) then it makes more sense to get the v30-loaded harley benton cabinet, since you're only paying another ~£50 for the two speakers, and v30s retail at about £80 each.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thx guys,
I will buy JCA 100HDM + HB212 v30. if treble makes me pain too, i`ll think about swap speakers.

Today,
I get my amp Fender Frontman 212R with multi Me-70. I try setup some clean and OD Tones. Clean channels, pain a lot treble espesially in E1, B2, G3 strings (standard tuning)

I think it's the nature of the guitar sound. Maybe should i sell that Ibanez RG 2620 and buy for example ESP LTD H-1001FM?
nah the ibanez is a better guitar, if you ask me, than that ltd. hang onto it until you get that new amp, that may well solve your problems. and if it doesn't there are other things i'd try before dumping an entire guitar (speakers, tubes, pickups etc.).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Good, i decide buy JCA 100HDM, cause got switch 100/50 and DM <3.

But i got another question. What about my multi Me-70? line in that or do not use with JCA?

I like some daley/chorus efect. What should i do?
If you like it then use it. Delay and chorus will probably be better if you put them in FX loop.
Quote by Lucky1777
I get my amp Fender Frontman 212R with multi Me-70.

I think it's the nature of the guitar sound. Maybe should i sell that Ibanez RG 2620 and buy for example ESP LTD H-1001FM?

My RG1421F also has more treble than my old ibanez... it helps if you roll off the tone knob about a 1/4 turn from full (or whatever sounds good). I'm also using a solid state amp and it's difficult to tame the treble. The guitar did sound better on some tube amps though, so you might try upgrading the amp first before swapping guitars.
Quote by Lucky1777
Good, i decide buy JCA 100HDM, cause got switch 100/50 and DM <3.

But i got another question. What about my multi Me-70? line in that or do not use with JCA?

I like some daley/chorus efect. What should i do?

try it in the fx loop, i suppose. the jet cities have a slightly weird line level loop (not sure about the 100HDM version) so whether it'll work well in the loop, i dunno. i suppose you could email jet city to ask.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lucky1777
last question, Which boost will be good with this amp?

For cheap, the Digitech Bad Monkey is excellent.

The Hardwire CM-2 is like a higher quality Bad Monkey, if you want to spend a bit more on one.

If you want to spend even more, look at the Way Huge Green Rhino.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I normally use two boosts, a more transparent boost (timmy clone or digitech screamin blues which is a glorified boss bd2) and a more middy boost (a tubescreamer clone or sd1 clone).

if I were only using one boost though I think I like the sd1 the best. A ts alone can be too smooth, I find, but the more transparent ods don't really have the nice compression etc. which I like for leads. The sd1 is a nice middle ground, you still have more or less all the good things that a tubescreamer is (justifiably) famous for, but with a bit more bite and edge (and a bit more boost on tap too, i find if you raise the drive control on a ts it gets way too nasal whereas you can raise it on an sd1 and it doesn't so you can get more boost).

that's with the 50 watt head, though, not the HDM model.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
is it safe to order b-stock on Thomann.de?

and another question with cab will be better with JCA 100 HDM
1. Oryginally Jet City Amplification 24S
2. Harley Benton G212 Vintage

JCA is dedicated on eminence speaker.
I dunno about b-stock. it depends on what's wrong with it, really. and how much you're saving.

the harley benton cab is better. better speakers. if you want to use eminence v12s the harley benton cab without the v30s is cheaper than the jet city, though if you want them to match there'd be no problem. while the jet city speakers are better than a lot of cheaper OEM-type speakers, they're still not amazing and really benefit from being swapped. whereas the harley benton with the v30s already has good speakers.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?