So, as of July last year I have been living with a colostomy bag. (If you don't know what one is, google it. But it's pretty gross) and I've realized due to a gig on Friday I can no longer play standard shaped guitars. Mainly because of where the bag is and I'm putting pressure on it and you can imagine what happens next.

A new project of mine is aiming to use seven strings in funny tunings, so I'm going to have to have a V that hasn't got a floyd, looking around it appears on Thomman that the Loomis without a Floyd isn't on the website now, so has it been Discontinued?

Another V I was looking at was the LTD V307 but it appears to have a 25.5 scale length and is made in China, so I'd have issues with that one.

Any idea's guys? I know i'd have to sell the Prestige and my RG7321 and I know that the guitar won't be as good as that 1527, but new projects and health comes first.

Anything I may have missed here? Also, budget will be £6-1000, but I need to sell the guitars first.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

New or used,doesn't matter.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I've treated many people who have had ileostomies or colostomies. I can completely understand your concerns. Could you strap it up, with a loose bandage around your abdomen that's tight enough to keep it secure but not put pressure on it that will give it some protection?

Of course if it fills up then that wouldn't be good, but it does depend on how quickly it fills up and how inventive you can be.

What about a guitar with a belly cut? What about playing higher, slightly lower?
Last edited by Mephaphil at Jan 13, 2014,
Quote by Mephaphil
I've treated many people who have had ileostomies or colostomies. I can completely understand your concerns. Could you strap it up, with a loose bandage around your abdomen that's tight enough to keep it secure but not put pressure on it that will give it some protection?

Of course if it fills up then that wouldn't be good, but it does depend on how quickly it fills up and how inventive you can be.

What about a guitar with a belly cut? What about playing higher, slightly lower?

Oh wow, that's great to hear!

Urm, I'm not really sure on higher or lower, just because of where my guitars are right now it's comfortable, any higher and I get joint pains and any lower I can't play at all.

What do you mean about a belly cut though?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Ippon
Like a Strat's belly cut.

Not sure what you're referring to, can I get a pic?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Playing higher should result in less tension on your hands and fingers. Ideally we should play at the same height standing as we do when sitting.

Anyway, look at the top of the body here, there's a segment carved out to make it more comfortable on the body. Lot's of guitars have them. I believe PRS do.

Ah ok, no wonder why my strat felt it was fine to play but my Ibanez's didn't, ok I got you.

The LTD I was looking at has this, so I was just wondering if I should go for it (after selling off my two seven strings of course)
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Haven't been able too as I can't find one in any local stores near me and because of recovery I've not been able to travel at all.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Uk!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yea I know, where abouts? I have friends with similar guitars who I'm sure wouldn't mind letting you have a go. Depending on your location of course.

I'm in East London.
Oh right! My bad, I'm in Newcastle!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yea, that's too far.

Here's what you should do. Call your local shop and see if they'll get one in. Say you'll put a deposit down, but do it all over the phone so you're protected by long distance seller regulations and can get a return on the deposit.

The shop I go to gets stuff in for me to try all the time.
Hmm...I know what I said in the other thread, but...

If a super-Strat with a belly-carve works for you, you might find a Fernandes Revolver 7 to be to your liking.
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/revolver.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 13, 2014,
Or just pick up a Carvin Holdsworth headless. There's a colostomy bag cutout at the back...

I'd so play one of those, but I'm in the UK so Carvins are really hard to get hold of.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100