http://8tracks.com/severed/strange-and-scary-places

where nothing makes any sense and it isn't supposed to. Not any metal on here, so don't click expecting metal in a metal forum, losers.

I was going to put more weird stuff, but it gets progressively more acceptable by the end with an ascension into punk/proto-punk by the end of it.

En joy

THE LIST
January 20: Kepulix
January 27: BL1NDSIDE-J
February 3: Emenius Sleepus
February 10: Annihislater
February 17: Metal_Head1
February 24: Helloween4Ever
March 3: \Powerslave/
March 10: Kytokinesis
Severed my man I'll spin this tonight with some drinkies
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
That's all I can ask. The list has Alamaailman Vasarat if that peaks your interest, if only a little.
Alamaailman Vasarat is excellent with copious amounts of gin and friends. Talk about woodwind Metal eh? I can thrash or relax to that stuff. Great for focused listening and pleasant sonic wallpaper as well. Huuro Kolkko is a personal favorite.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Didn't we talk about Sun City Girls forever ago? Holy shit man when did you start listening to this stuff? We have to catch up on music sometime it seems. I'm only on track three but hearing that Sun City Girls track starting made me too wet and I had to share.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I have heard a lot of things in my life, it takes some interesting music to take me to unknown frontiers.

Ethiopian Jazz? Now that's new.

The Mighty Sphincter most definitely brought Urfaust to mind for one reason or another. That's quickly going on the purchase list.

A+ deadly savage sick mix Severed.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jan 16, 2014,
Severed. I love you. Dewel is fantastic!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Thanks, sir. I really love The Mighty Sphincter due to just how fantastically sombre and haunting their music is. The same would go for The Sun City Girls. Although the latter can be overwhelming at times due how abrasive their music is, albeit sometimes questionable whether or not it is music. I will say they're by far one of the most, if not the most, unique acts to have existed. Speaking of,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr7Qyag0vqE

Quote by The Virtuoso
Severed. I love you. Dewel is fantastic!

Thank you, I figured the jazz aspects of this list would catch your ear.
This goil I know is very impressed with your playlist/music taste Sevvy. Feel good about yourself for the next 15 minutes.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Metal_Head1
Oh hey, I listened to this the other day, was really neat. Are these songs indicative of the respective bands' outputs, or is this a collection of their tamer jazzy stuff while the rest is more terrifying?

Depends on which you're referring to,

Siamese Twins have are a really cool shoegazey liken/new wave rock (kind of similar to Blonde Redhead) punk act. I would say that this track encompasses their sound.

Sun City Girls are everywhere. So Black Weather Shoes can summarize the feeling, but not the music.

Mulatu Astatke & The Heliocentrics stick to their unique brand of jazz, so yes it exemplifies their output, or at the very least: Inspiration Information

Alamaailman Vasarat's track is a slower track, but they are a really strange band. Not as odd as the rest of Huuro Kulko. I would say it's a general feel, but doesn't necessitate that's only what the band does with their sound.

Samhain I'm sure you know about, and the Index are indeed representative of their sound.

The Mighty Sphincter is completely indicative of the horror of their music. I would say if you want something akin to what you heard from The Mighty Sphincter on this list, the Ghostwalking Double EP is right up your alley.
Strange that it took a mix made by a moose-humping Canuck to make me finally give Alamaailman Vasarat and Höyry-kone a listen.

I liked that Alamaailman Vasarat track the most here alongside The Index and Samhain. Good stuff all around though.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.