hey there UG long time no see, but im back looking for some help. i might go pick up this USA ash strat that is beautiful lookin' but i just got off the phone with the seller and he says the neck was replaced a while back with a Mighty Might.....

never heard of this co. but he says its usa wood shipped to korea and produced there. also mentions its got a "V" contour as appose to the standard "D" on the reg. necks. says it plays great (gonna find out for myself) , but just wanted to get some other opinions before i make the buy.

So.... USA strat goin for $400 with a Mighty neck....if it plays well, worth it?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
this scares me. is there any original series number etc? generally the first tell on the guitar is on the headstock...which has now been replaced. its used....so my first red flag is this is an asian guitar under disguise.

any way we can weed out the USA details and confirm, with fender, or something?

400 is really low. also. thats a red flag. who sells a USA fender for 400. i get it doesnt have a USA neck, but that low?

400 is on teh high end for a mexican, still low end for an asian, but given that the neck is replace, perhaps that is fair. i dont really think there is a way you can get royally screwed here. are you able to see it in person? if it really is something special, perhaps that can drive you more than these details.

i am no expert, but i want to say that a warmoth neck would command better resale than a mighty mite. can anybody confirm that? in fact, personally i may prefer the warmoth over a fender neck. thats just me.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
mighty mite necks are on the cheaper side of not bad. at this point that guitar is a partscaster though so $400 is to much. it would be very hard to be sure that it is an American body. you can check the electronics to see if they are as advertised but that still wouldn't make me pay that much at all. offer $300 tops after checking the guitar out if you really like it.
$400 is alright for a Partscaster with an American body and parts, though.

It's easy to tell if it's American. Have him take a photo of the neck pocket and let us see.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
$400 is alright for a Partscaster with an American body and parts, though.

It's easy to tell if it's American. Have him take a photo of the neck pocket and let us see.

i dont think he would do that, sounded like and old dude without the time.....

now im really not worries about the authenticity , might sound dumb but i dont think hes selling a fake one...

one person says $400 is too much, one say its alright.... i think ill just shoot for $350 and hop for the best?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Depending on if it's really an American body.

Also, ask him which model Strat it is. I don't recall any Strats with a standard "D" shaped neck. Does he mean a "U" shape? If so, then it's off a 68' RI or an actual 70's Strat, in which case buy it up and flip it!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Depending on if it's really an American body.

Also, ask him which model Strat it is. I don't recall any Strats with a standard "D" shaped neck. Does he mean a "U" shape? If so, then it's off a 68' RI or an actual 70's Strat, in which case buy it up and flip it!

all 70s strats except the very early 70s ones have a 3 bolt neck.
so i gave up on the strate due to general sketch. found a MIM from 98 that seems pretty solid and is going for about 260.... i think im gonna go with that....i just figure im not going to get the resale value out of the american partscaster
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
if he doesnt have time to show you? sketch. a monkey can take off a strat neck. no time is no excuse. i mean not to diss strats, classic instrumments, but they are built like darn tinker toys. screws everywhere. a couple red bulls and a screwdriver and a 2 year old can dis assemble a strat.

....which is one reason they are awesome. and dependable. and upgradable. and easy to fix on the road.

but i agree. the neck is like the lifeblood of the guitar. you really do bastardize it when you change it.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)