Page 1 of 2
r there such thing as a gear teacher as in how to get
the best sound out of tube amp's or how to achieve
any sound you want or setting up a Bradshaw rack

so has anyone heard of a gear teacher ?
youtube does exist. hundreds or even thousand or more videos which could probably help you out.

if you search well enough you should be fine, but everybody on here will help you as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think its mostly a personal study kinda thing. You can find you rather like dark, high gain amps or you can start moddding and building your own effects. Some people even seek out particular amps from a particular time to get as close to a certain sound as possible.

Use the internets.

Also, there are some good books out there. Read them on your tablet.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I think its mostly a personal study kinda thing. You can find you rather like dark, high gain amps or you can start moddding and building your own effects. Some people even seek out particular amps from a particular time to get as close to a certain sound as possible.

Use the internets.

Also, there are some good books out there. Read them on your tablet.

purely for interest what would you recommend?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
purely for interest what would you recommend?

Well, a friend of mine gave me The Guitar Amp Handbook by Dave Hunter. That pretty much hits the nails head as far as what TS asked, even has a few interviews at the end. Doesn't reallt get into higher gain tones though. I like goregrind and that book doesn't care about goregrind. I do have this little green book called The Design and Construction of a Guitar Amp that gets much more in depth, but it must be in a box and the name of the author eludes me. That book is very worth having it gets into circuit theory, analysis, and such.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Well, a friend of mine gave me The Guitar Amp Handbook by Dave Hunter. That pretty much hits the nails head as far as what TS asked, even has a few interviews at the end. Doesn't reallt get into higher gain tones though. I like goregrind and that book doesn't care about goregrind. I do have this little green book called The Design and Construction of a Guitar Amp that gets much more in depth, but it must be in a box and the name of the author eludes me. That book is very worth having it gets into circuit theory, analysis, and such.

thanks. if you want a good read, look for the 'inner game of music' or something similar. it was a gift for me from my piano teacher who moved back to New Orleans. i am halfway through it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks. if you want a good read, look for the 'inner game of music' or something similar. it was a gift for me from my piano teacher who moved back to New Orleans. i am halfway through it.

what in the holy guitar god's from below has this book got to do
with gear teachers i can kinda understand the other one but this has no place in this thread no offense mind ya
your best teacher is experience. go and try as much gear as you can and you will learn way more than from a book or vid. I stop by my local guitar shops pretty regularly and try what ever might catch my eye. this includes things that I probably would never buy (hollowbody jazz guitar, digitech whammy pedal etc) just to see what they are about. what someone else thinks is good may not work for you so it's pretty tough to "teach". these forums are a good tool as well.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

For sure dude, I googled and saved it in my bookmarks. The next time I'm at barnes and noble, its mine. Sounds like a good read.

I wanna read John Dies at the End. I loved the movie, and there's an entire second book I need to read.
i found my understanding of gear increased heavily when i started playing with other people more. first off it got me hearing other ways of approaching things, you hear things you like and dislike and learn from that. and the second factor is that you are usually exposed to much more gear when you play with people.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Honestly, forums like this were where I learned almost all of what I know about gear and everything related to it. The members here are extremely knowledgeable and even after 7 years of being a member here, I still come to them for certain things, and always get very satisfactory answers.

I mean, before I was here I bought an MG and a Special II Epi LP because Marshall was a beast, Gibson was godly and that should get me Slash's tone
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
thx for all the responses , i have gear but it does not sound the way i would like
and i would like to of had someone more knowledgeable to tone than me
for a bit of guidance so that i dont go into this non stop wallet draining
trip if ya know what i mean .

i know it's part of the fun but it isn't if your broke .
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Please tell me English is not your first language.

what r u an english teacher i dont need ur assistant's at all if u need to ridicule
go somewhere else and troll around and quit being such a whiner .

go highlight and correct the thousand's of post's on this forum should keep
u busy and happy for a long time it's not like anyone care's anyway
Quote by ssob
what r u an english teacher i dont need ur assistant's at all if u need to ridicule

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ssob

311 hit the nerve there.

i do have to admit, every time i scan the forum and see this thread i think: food libraries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB32073N4vY

-ae
Quote by ssob

your misuse of the apostrophe makes baby jesus cry.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Please tell me English is not your first language.

dude i don evn kno wtf ur talkin bout man. It's not lik he needs and english lessons' bro. Frekin grammer nazi' so mkay bubbye'

Gumbi, is it sad that show's half the reason I bought a Krank?
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01

Pretty sure most of that shit was recorded with a POD though. He's used Kranks and Marshalls and who knows what else, but the tone always sounds pretty similar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Pretty sure most of that shit was recorded with a POD though. He's used Kranks and Marshalls and who knows what else, but the tone always sounds pretty similar.

It pretty well nailed their tone, I was pleased. Although when I tried low gain sounds, all I could think was "I only plays metals"

I've done enough damage here, I'll move on. Just havin a bit of fun TS, don't sweat it. But please do make future questions a bit more readable
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by ssob
thx for all the responses , i have gear but it does not sound the way i would like
and i would like to of had someone more knowledgeable to tone than me
for a bit of guidance so that i dont go into this non stop wallet draining
trip if ya know what i mean .

i know it's part of the fun but it isn't if your broke .

terrible grammer aside. knowing what gear you are using and what tone you are trying to get will help get you a usable answer.
Quote by ssob

My bad. I couldn't figure out what you were saying so I assumed English was not your first language. Additionally, I assumed you were translating using your normal local slang and the translation web site you were using couldn't keep up.

Oh well, didn't mean to offend.

Carry on.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
English was not your first language. Additionally, I assumed you were translating using your normal local slang and the translation web site you were using couldn't keep up.

Oh well, didn't mean to offend.

Carry on.

no prob. man i can tell it's not ur's either will go to grammer school together
and watch baby jesus cry .
Last edited by ssob at Jan 14, 2014,
Quote by ssob

There's so many grammatical errors in this I don't even know where to begin , at least you know how to use "a" and "an". Sounds like you need an Englishe's teacher before a gear's teacher.

What tones are you aiming for and what's your current gear? We can help guide you towards what you're after tonally.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by ssob

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Flux'D
There's so many grammatical errors in this I don't even know where to begin , at least you know how to use "a" and "an". Sounds like you need an Englishe's teacher before a gear's teacher.

What tones are you aiming for and what's your current gear? We can help guide you towards what you're after tonally.

jeez this is almost begging to be a gang fight new fellow in the neighborhood little
hazing going on .

damn u guy's must be a bunch of troll monsters . what i do step on someone's Jordan's
and ya got dissed ?

o i get it u think it bother's me so just keep on till someone get's really ticked off
is that the way it goes . just the problem now a day's see it all the time

bunch of cyber BULLY's
Last edited by ssob at Jan 14, 2014,

What tone's r u aiming for and what's ur current gear? We can hel'p guide u toward's what ur after tonally.
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Last edited by Flux'D at Jan 14, 2014,
Quote by ssob
jeez this is almost begging to be a gang fight new fellow in the neighborhood little
hazing going on .

damn u guy's must be a bunch of troll monsters . what i do step on someone's Jordan's
and ya got dissed ?

o i get it u think it bother's me so just keep on till someone get's' really ticked off

bunch of cyber BULLY's

both Flux and I asked you for that info to help you and this is the response. dude you want help great but show some intelligence. hard to take you serious at this point.

anyways what gear you got and what tonz you lookin for pretty simple
Quote by ssob
no prob. man i can tell it's not ur's either will go to grammer school together
and watch baby jesus cry .

Huh?

First of all, you quoted me out of context.
Secondly, even out of context it is still correct (unless you were expecting ur or you're)
Thirdly, it is grammar not grammer.
Fourth would be that we have rules on how to ask for advice. Read them. I've got thousands of posts under my belt helping noobs like you. At least those noobs are respectful and ask intelligent questions. You act like either you are on meth or you have a very limited education and understanding of how the world works. All of your posts prove that. Good luck though. I mean that in the best way. I want everyone on this green earth to thrive.
Fifth: **** off!
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 15, 2014,
Oh no, I'm being bullied by people that can't even see me! I think I'm going to have a little cry.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ssob
hazing going on .

and ya got dissed ?

o i get it u think it bother's me so just keep on till someone get's really ticked off

bunch of cyber BULLY's

i think it is just getting funny now.

tbh i don't see anything really that mean getting thrown about. seems more like people are amused you took offense to 311's comment and the smell blood in the water and are having a bit of fun.

there are people still asking you questions to help you

Quote by monwobobbo
terrible grammer aside. knowing what gear you are using and what tone you are trying to get will help get you a usable answer.

monwobobbo usually gives good advice.
Quote by Flux'D

this guy's a flop though, watch out for him.

i'd say just admit "yeah, maybe this is a bit silly so let's get back to the OP" and answer a couple of questions about what you're after tonewise. i hope it is metal, these guys know a bunch about metal.

if you play old school rock or something then you are probably stuck with me and cath.

and i don't capitalize anything. i also speaker without capital letters so i think that it is appropriate for me to type that way too.

Quote by classicrocker01

good enough reason as any.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jan 14, 2014,
Quote by gumbilicious
this guy's a flop though, watch out for him.
A flop? Me? Really?
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
A flop? Me? Really?

that was your cue to step into your roll. we were going to do 'good forum member / bad forum member'

-ae
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

1: limited education and understanding of how the world works.

2:Fifth: **** off!

ok
Now let the thread die before the mods get here...
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
know weigh! This chit's hellarious!

A well placed bucket of popcorn makes me laugh my ass off, never gets old.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
know weigh! This chit's hellarious!

Nice try but it's a bit like trying to do a parody of "500." It was self parodying so trying to do a parody of it is redundant. No matter how hard you try, he's going to look more stupid and uneducated than you ever can.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You underestimate me Cath.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Page 1 of 2