Hey Guys.

Had a small question to ask you.

I bought a Hercules acoustic guitar stand along with my first guitar, about 2 years back. That stupid piece of crap failed on me within just a few months. Apparently, the plastic handle which is attached to a spring, which helps adjust the height, just snapped. I was able to fix it but due to the fix I can't adjust height anymore.

I assumed that because of the price (100 dollars) that it would be a -medium-good quality stand. Has this happened before to anyone. Can Hercules be trusted?

I bought my second guitar a while back and my mother bought me a hercules wall stand to go with it. I'm worried that this too might fail soon.. I wasn't gonna buy the stand, but my mother beat me to it.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Why spent so much on essentially a metal bent rod with padding

I guess it should be decent, but what is there to a stand really? As long as it's a good piece of metal.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Why spent so much on essentially a metal bent rod with padding

I guess it should be decent, but what is there to a stand really? As long as it's a good piece of metal.

It had a cool locking mechanism which is why I bought it. The guitar can't fall over with just one bump to the neck as they do on most other stands.. But I totally get you. I'm using simple stands for my other guitars..
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by shawnkenneth
It had a cool locking mechanism which is why I bought it. The guitar can't fall over with just one bump to the neck as they do on most other stands.. But I totally get you. I'm using simple stands for my other guitars..

Well with most guitars in stands the centre of gravity is so low, that you either knock the stand + guitar over or neither most of the times.

If I had money to spare I maybe buy them, but I'd rather spend money on other stuff.

Up to your own consult in the end really, everything I tell you would be anecdotal anyway.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Hercules are very well regarded. I'd be surprised if you had an issue twice.

You should have contacted them the first time around for warranty replacement.
Quote by Roc8995
Hercules are very well regarded. I'd be surprised if you had an issue twice.

That makes me a little relieved about my guitar.

You should have contacted them the first time around for warranty replacement.

Yeah, I did. Apparently, that breakage wasn't covered by their warranty. As is the problem with most other warranties, it's only applicable if the product had a defect out of the box. It may have had a crack or something, which wasn't noticed earlier, but even in general, I don't understand how something like this would happen. Luck's a bitch.
Quote by slapsymcdougal