Hey guys

I'm looking at getting a BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X (Hardtail Version) but i have to buy it online obviously meaning i can't play it before it get it so can't someone tell what they are similar to in terms of feel?
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
They feel like a Mockingbird.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I equate my Mockingbirds to 'souped-up' Les Pauls. They feel very similar, only 'faster', if that makes sense. The 'Bird necks are generally thinner and set/ through-neck versions have a very smooth heel, but the rest of the specs match up to a LP almost 100%. They both have:

Mahogany body & neck
Ebony fretboard
Carved top
TOM bridge
24.75" scale
2V, 2T, 3-way electronics

Heck, even the positioning of the controls is nearly identical to that of a LP. The only real difference with the particular model that you mentioned (Pro X) is that it has 24 frets, a feature rarely seen on a Les Paul.
Quote by sinofian
I equate my Mockingbirds to 'souped-up' Les Pauls. They feel very similar, only 'faster', if that makes sense. The 'Bird necks are generally thinner and set/ through-neck versions have a very smooth heel, but the rest of the specs match up to a LP almost 100%. They both have:

Mahogany body & neck
Ebony fretboard
Carved top
TOM bridge
24.75" scale
2V, 2T, 3-way electronics

Heck, even the positioning of the controls is nearly identical to that of a LP. The only real difference with the particular model that you mentioned (Pro X) is that it has 24 frets, a feature rarely seen on a Les Paul.

Thank you!
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
They have the wide neck.

1 and 11/16 inch with a 12 inch radius.

Some refer to it as a shred neck, but as
mentioned some LP's have the same
neck dimensions.

I have an older Mockingbird neck on a
Tele and love it. It is a 25.5 inch scale
with 24 frets and a flatter neck. It is
considered a shed neck.

Tabdog
BC Rich necks are different from any others I can think of and some love them and others really hate them. as mentioned they are kinda wide and on the fat side. while I usually go for thinner necks I have no problems playing my Eagle and prefer it to a LP.
ive always felt that schecter drew heavily from the mockingbird for the synster gates sig. dimensionally almost identical as well.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by monwobobbo
BC Rich necks are different from any others I can think of and some love them and others really hate them. as mentioned they are kinda wide and on the fat side. while I usually go for thinner necks I have no problems playing my Eagle and prefer it to a LP.

It depends on the model. The profile on my Mockingbird Special, while probably a little wider, feels very similar to the '60s slim taper' neck on my LP.

However, I also have a 'Masterpiece' Mockingbird that has a freakin' baseball bat for a neck. But, that's a completely different animal than what the OP is asking about.
I agree each mockingbird model has a completely different feel and vibe to them a special and special x feels like a ebony necked slim taper lespaul. I love that model. some like an older nj has a super thin neck. I think the prox should feel like a esp'ish