So, im kinda feeling like the guy who doesnt work out, walking into a jammed packed gym for the first time!

My name is Pete, from Lincolnshire in the UK. I have recently started taking guitar lessons and loving it. Clearly I have a lot of the beginner hang-ups / issues like 'my fingers dont stretch that far!', 'Barre chords annoy me', 'chord changes are reallllllly slow' etc etc, you get the gist.

I'm trying to start off with some songs that I like as opposed to songs that are easy to play, which I guess in hindsight maybe a bad move. My tutor is teaching me songs by Frank Turner, Jonah Matranga, The Lemonheads and Jeff Caudill as they all fit in with what I listen to.

Anyway, im working through the beginners / new members sections trying to pick up some hints and tips.

I hope you're all well.
Welcome to UG, fellow British citizen! I'm from Bracknell Good luck with your guitarings and if you have any questions, make sure you post everything in the right forums and people will be able to help you out!
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Hi Pete, fellow Englisher here, from Hampshire. I'm still doing open chords, one string at a time!

I'm sure it will come for me in time, but at the moment, I feel like I am playing in the kids' paddling pool whilst others here are swimming the channel.

Hey ho...
Hi Pete,

Im from Lincolnshire too. Just joined here last week after picking my guitar up for the first time in 8 years
Cheers fellas, there is so much stuff to read on here!! I'm pleased work isnt to busy right now. I had another lesson last weekend and its clear my fingers dont stretch as much as they used to. I'm trying to span 4 frets down and its proving very difficult, hints / tips??
Hi Pete
Another UK member here. I've been playing for 34 years but with so many long breaks from playing, I still feel like a beginner.
Just keep at it, it does just click into place at some point.
I'm always happy to help so just ask if something isn't making sense.
Rock on Tommy
Hi Im from uk aswell and learning..being doing bit on and off over the years so do no a little.. just need to keep practicing..were's best to go on here for tips ? and help..all the best pete by the way

Steve
Welcome from the U.S! Just keep practicing the more the better you won't even notice that stuff after awhile
Quote by promisepete
Cheers fellas, there is so much stuff to read on here!! I'm pleased work isnt to busy right now. I had another lesson last weekend and its clear my fingers dont stretch as much as they used to. I'm trying to span 4 frets down and its proving very difficult, hints / tips??

Where are you taking lessons pete?

Im on the lookout for a new teacher...
Quote by willodling
Where are you taking lessons pete?

Im on the lookout for a new teacher...

Hey Will

The guy travels to my house, he lives local (centre of Lincoln), you want me to PM his contact details?
Quote by promisepete
Hey Will

The guy travels to my house, he lives local (centre of Lincoln), you want me to PM his contact details?

Yes please, thanks
Fsession, a New York based company that sells affordable clothing apparel and accessories, is pleased to announce the launch of their new website: www.fsession.com. The online boutique is a great source for trendy and fashionable clothing and offers as much as 70% discount on popular items, such as Burberry, Rag & Bone, Fendi and more. They also feature designer exclusive outfits and provide international shipping, order status and tracking, as well as easy and no fuss returns.

burberry | saks com