So I'm 15, and have been playing drums for 6 years, almost seven, and I'm looking for a band or band members. Some of my major influences are Asking Alexandria, Memphis May Fire, Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, Bring Me the Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Miss May I, Pierce the Veil, A Day to Remember, and We Came as Romans, All Time Low even, but I mostly like just metal. I've been told I can scream too, but my voice doesn't ( for want of a better word) break as sharply as a lot of guys' do. I've got a pretty good range though, so if you need a vocalist and will give me a shot, I'm up for it. I'd prefer to hide behind my cymbals though. By the way, my setup is a Tama starclassic birch bubinga sizes 10", 12", 16", 18", and 22" with a 13x7 pork pie brass snare. Mostly Sabian cymbals, a Paiste 22" dark metal ride, a 20" A custom crash, and 13" K custom hats. I plan to replace those though. Sorry, I think I'm rambling at this point, so I'll shut the hell up. Let me know if you're interested.
So like if we sent you some clips of music we recorded u could record drums for them?
Jet City JCA22h> Avatar 212
Schecter Damien Solo Elite
Epiphone Les Paul 1960s Tribute Plus
I'm not entirely certain how good UG is for finding local band members (I assume you want local). I always imagined everybody would be slightly too spread around the globe.

Being a drummer though you should find it easier to find a band. I've always struggled finding drummers actively looking for a band when I need one around my area.
That in mind, I would suggest putting up an advertisement in any and all of your local musical instrument shops if you haven't done so already. I would be very surprised if you don't get a reply and/or and offer from doing that.

If you're looking to be a vocalist I would post that on a separate ad in a store though. People don't generally look for a vocalist drummer and some people may not respond to your ad thinking you will only join if you do both. (I think I would be likely to ignore an ad with both on thinking that)
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
No, I'd rather be a drummer, I just figured I might as well put that out there. I'm pretty sure both take too much air to do the other at the same time.
And in response to terminator44, hypothetically yes, but I don't have recording equipment at the moment, so it might take a while to get it all. Also, I'm looking to potentially make a career out of this so it'd be nice if we could all get together and practice and doo gigs and stuff. I don't know how well that would work, but I'd be willing to give it a go.
Quote by link no1
I'm not entirely certain how good UG is for finding local band members (I assume you want local). I always imagined everybody would be slightly too spread around the globe.

Nah man, I totally found my main IRL musical collaborator on UG.

TS, you should mention what part of the state you are from, since chances are that most people your own age would not come from across the state. Like I'm from Fairfield County, but I wouldn't head all the way out to like Manchester or Windham or Groton to play with people. Not that I would play with you anyway because you're quite a bit younger and because I'm not into any of those bands, but I'm just putting that out there.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.