Today I was going to class and "Good Company" off this album came on. I stopped, listened to it, and then started the album over immediately, listening to the whole thing. It brought me back to a simpler time, early high school/late middle school and made my day better (had a shit morning).

Walking to class and listening to "Seaside Rendezvous", I couldn't help but smile like an idiot while people walked past me. Definitely in my top ten albums of all time, yet I hadn't listened to it in maybe a year.

My question is: What are some albums that instantly bring back way too many memories for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1yzauVUvCo

^ Try to listen to that and then have a bad day afterwards.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Jan 14, 2014,
Dark Side of the Moon. There wasn't much to do in my home town growing up, once I got out of the reckless kid stage. So once I got my license, I'd just drive around through the country and play Dark Side on max volume.

It's a good memory, and I think of it every time I hear a song from the album. Sadly, my truck's cd player died two summers ago, so I depend on the radio now. Which isn't a bad thing in itself, but it prevents me from revisiting that experience.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Dark Side of the Moon. There wasn't much to do in my home town growing up, once I got out of the reckless kid stage. So once I got my license, I'd just drive around through the country and play Dark Side on max volume.

It's a good memory, and I think of it every time I hear a song from the album. Sadly, my truck's cd player died two summers ago, so I depend on the radio now. Which isn't a bad thing in itself, but it prevents me from revisiting that experience.

I bet that was an expensive hobby
Quote by genghisgandhi
I bet that was an expensive hobby

Why's that? I wouldn't listen to the whole thing, obviously, if you're talking about gas lol. I'd take like a 20 or 25 minute cruise, two or three times a week. There were better ways to spend (or not spend) my money, sure, but I enjoyed it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
pretty much every Billy Joel album. He was the first artist I seriously started listening to. First concert I went to (on my birthday). So many bus rides, walks home, time alone, times playing piano and singing, etc etc. Pretty much everything from when I was 11-15 was just Billy Joel.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Walking to class and listening to "Seaside Rendezvous", I couldn't help but smile like an idiot while people walked past me.

The technical term is "jollyfication" I think

Anyway, System of a Down's Hypnotize takes me back. I've kind of grown out of that but I listened to it the other day and it's got some nice bits that I wouldn't necessarily have noticed/given importance to when I was 14.

Occasionally listening to songs off of David Bowie's Low reminds me of walking home in the late afternoon in Spring. I don't really know why that "memory" is so clear but there you go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSNvV6bYFC8

This album reminds me of my entire 8th grade year. I still have a soft spot for generic modern rock.

Classic Sinatra brings back ages 7 to 12, because that along with a bunch of other swing/oldies songs were played constantly around the house when I was growing up.
My father has an old collection of LP's (im from the cd generation) and i always used to listen to all his old records. He has a collection of Bob Dylan records called "Biography" and it's not just some "Greatest Hits" collection, but songs handpicked by Bob Dylan because they have great meaning to him. There are 5 LP's in it, if i recall correctly, and listening to Bob Dylan was when i really started loving music. I'll never forget the first time i heard "Masters of War", "Like a Rolling Stone", "The Times They Are A-Changin'" and the fan-favorite "Percy's Song". I guess most of you don't care for Dylan, since you all seem to be metalheads But that collection (i know it isn't strictly an album, as such..) brings back such fond memories of discovering what i think is the best music ever made If i had to pick an album, though, It'd be Bruce Springsteen's "Nebraska". That album just speaks to me, and i listened to it alot when i was depressed.. Bruce was depressed when he wrote the majority of it and you can kind of hear it. I weep every time i listen to it tbh... "Atlantic City" is just so powerful..
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.
Dirt, Facelift, Unplugged and Jar of Flies by Alice in Chains. Bloody miserable adolescence it's been
Quote by sickman411
System of a Down's Hypnotize takes me back. I've kind of grown out of that but I listened to it the other day and it's got some nice bits that I wouldn't necessarily have noticed/given importance to when I was 14.

yep this

and maybe hybrid theory
Automatic for the People by R.E.M. and Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too by The New Radicals
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Abbey Road was the first album I bought with my own money when I was like twelve. It makes me feel so much happier it's disturbing. Passion & Warfare by Steve Vai also gets me, because it was the first fully-instrumental album I listened to. Even if it's mostly ridiculously hammy with a ton of 1980's cheese on top, it's a delicious ham & cheese sandwich and I love it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 14, 2014,
Pretty much all Chevelle, System of a Down, A Perfect Circle, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Tool, and Bush albums. Alice in Chains brings a whole lot more nostalgia than any of those though, Jar of Flies in particular, my dad played that album a lot when I was really little and most of my early memories are of that album.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Basti95
Dirt, Facelift, Unplugged and Jar of Flies by Alice in Chains. Bloody miserable adolescence it's been

Dude AiC was like, last year: the band for me.

Quote by RylanThePotato
Pretty much all Chevelle, System of a Down, A Perfect Circle, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Tool, and Bush albums. Alice in Chains brings a whole lot more nostalgia than any of those though, Jar of Flies in particular, my dad played that album a lot when I was really little and most of my early memories are of that album.

Minus APC and AiC because I got into them recently, agreed. Except Soundgarden, never got into them.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Jan 14, 2014,
Early Pink Floyd albums remind me of Minecraft, because I played both for too long at the same time.
Some Led Zep songs take me to a silent spot in the woods in the winter where I hung out with my ex and we listened to them.
That's about it, though. There have been more, but I kept listening to them and the memory attached to those songs fade.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
cut my life into pieces...
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Get Your Wings by Aerosmith and Agents of Fortune by Blue Oyster Cult.

My dad got me into a lot of classic rock when I was younger. I used to listen to both those albums a lot when I was snowboarding. I would bring my awesome iPod mini (exhibit A for those who don't remember) and put my headphones in and just shut out the world while I was on the mountain.

Exhibit A:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Whenever i listen to Sam's Town by the Killers, or In Reverie by Saves The Day, it reminds me of when i was 16/17. It was a good time mixed with some awkward teenage experiences.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I never really stopped listening to the stuff I like, so I can't get a nostalgia kick from music. Other stuff like toys, TV shows, places, yes.
Hybrid Theory, Marshall Mathers LP, Rival Schools' Used for Glue. Takes me back to the exact moment in sixth grade, 12 years ago.
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.